Thread: New member here!stupid question

Default New member here!stupid question

Hello there ! I played EB for two months now and since its very different from RTW i have this silly question : in EB what are schools for ? It is the same as in RTW like bonus in taxes or does it helps in charcater development ? can it help with recruted generals as well?
    I have looked every were on the internet and i found nothing . In one post there was mention of a manual for EB. This ideea has been abandoned ?
    Thanks so much

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Default Re: New member here!stupid question

Schools give family members certain traits and retinues, that's about it I think. Welcome to the .org btw. :P

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

yeah you get neat traits and Anccilaries from schools. I think Client rulers etc also profit from them.

Personally I often build one maximum level school in one of my core provinces and send all my youngsters there when they come of age. and distant boring spots that need a good governor when I have spare mnai^^.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Sitting on a chair in front of a computer screen.

If you ever are the KH and you keep you capital at Sparte build a huge school there so they can become strong and smart.

"Don't let the voice of the people be filled with anger"-Polybius

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    Personally I often build one maximum level school in one of my core provinces and send all my youngsters there when they come of age. and distant boring spots that need a good governor when I have spare mnai.
    I do the same. Build the highest level school in Rome and all FMs that come of age spend 4 years in Rome (16-20 y.o), I take them out when their 20 and move them around the empire.
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    We love you Goku!

If you ever are the KH and you keep you capital at Sparte build a huge school there so they can become strong and smart.
    personally I prefer to build the Big Academy in athens and Divide generals and governors at the start. Otherwise your Athenians and Rhodians are likely to get a lot of bad traits due to Government and failing the Agoge.
    I do build a school in sparta at some point tho, can't be too bad to have generals that are able to govern a civy in times of need.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    personally I prefer to build the Big Academy in athens and Divide generals and governors at the start. Otherwise your Athenians and Rhodians are likely to get a lot of bad traits due to Government and failing the Agoge.
    I do build a school in sparta at some point tho, can't be too bad to have generals that are able to govern a civy in times of need.
    I think I even sent Sogdians to the Agoge at Sparte with the Seleukids. Never had someone to fail it, only to complete and a few to excell.

In this campaign I have central cities of study: Antiocheia, Seleukeia and Alexandreia for the center. Baktra for the east and Athens for the west. If they are within sailing range of the Agoge, I take them there first, this city also has a Megale School.

By the way, welcome to the forums!

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

sparta for the agoge and athens for the higher education all my family members get the highschool experience in sparta and then move on for the college/university experience in athens simply for the agoge and the secrets wich help alot in terms of cumulative habilities

eventually i do build the rudimentary school in sparta but where i trully invest in terms of school development is in athens

in that sence the kh is the best faction to roleplay

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Best schools are those for Celtic factions. Gauls in particular get those businessman traits. One of my governors has one that is +5 to management and + 5 to influence! One single trait!
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

First of all thanks to all of you for the answers! Second I have another question, especially for those of you who play the Romani faction. Is it a wise decision to build max level of school in Rome ? I mean that you have a lot of building(s) to do : health, trade , troops (historically, the legions were recruited at first from roman citizens ) , roads, etc . Only the max level of school takes about 21 turns in total. So ? what do you think ?
    p.s. – it’s not a change in topic…I hope. It’s related to the school subject 

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Well, I prefer to build the max school in Rome because that fits in with my role playing purposes. If you need time and money then don't build the school until later, postpone it and focus on other infrastructure. In saying that, you can still get high skilled generals who haven't grown up in a city with a school though.
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    We love you Goku!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    I think I even sent Sogdians to the Agoge at Sparte with the Seleukids. Never had someone to fail it, only to complete and a few to excell.
    I once sent my Epirote faction leader's younger son to the agoge, since he didn't do well at all in school. He completed it, but became scarred for life, and developed all kinds of sociofobic traits and became depressed etc. He was completely useless both as a general and as a governor after that. ><