Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE MASTERS CUP 2011

Default THE MASTERS CUP 2011

Dears friends , my name Is Proteus from Team Battlestars that I will organize the 1st Masters Cup 1v1 Tournament open to all players , with the goal to make it as fun as possible for every players skills and styles.
    Will be 2 divisions that each player has the option to choose upon registration note that no player can enter both specialties:
    REGISTRATION deadline UNTIL 10/30/11 following 1 week per each round,
    PLEASE STATE WITH YOUR REGISTRATION ALSO WHICH SPECIALTY YOU WANT TO COMPETE:

LEGENDARY BOWMAN DIVISION

This division that will be played with emphasis on skirmish style of players with mandatory use of:

ARCHERS: minimum 4 foot archers of any type( max 6 foot archers), and maximum 2 horse archers
    SPECIAL UNITS :no art no rockets, no gunners, matchlocks max 3
    CAVALRY :mandatory use of 6 cavs (maximum 6 units) that you must bring minimum of : 1 light cavalry , 1 yari cavalry , 1 katana cavalry, 1 monk naginata cavalry,1 horse archer (max 2 horse archers per player)
    VETS: ALLOWED
    DLC; ALLOWED
    RETAINERS: ALLOWED
    MAX UNITS TYPE: 3 per unit type
    FUNDS: LARGE
    UNITS SIZE : LARGE, 14k
    All matches will be a best of 3 event. on the Rice fields map.
    no forest army camping allowed, foot archers shall not use forest to shoot other enemy foot archers, team 1 is the attacker is his responsibility to avoid stand off. unless has obvious numerical disadvantage after the middle of battle phase.
    Weather: spring/dry, No time limit, All player must save their replays after every match.
    If you are not online to play at the proper time , you will forfeit after 20 minutes of the other player waiting by posting at the battle thread..

LEGENDARY SWORDSMAN DIVISION

This division that will be played with emphasis on rush style of players with mandatory use of:

ARCHERS; no foot archers allowed , max 2 Horse archers.
    SPECIAL UNITS; no art no rockets no gunners , min 1 matchlocks
    CAVALRY :mandatory use of 6 cavs (maximum 6 units) that you must bring minimum of : 1 light cavalry , 1 yari cavalry , 1 katana cavalry, 1 monk nagivada cavalry,1 Horse archer (MAX 2 horse archer per player))
    VETS : ALLOWED
    DLC:ALLOWED
    RETAINERS:ALLOWED
    MAX UNIT TYPE: Maximum 2 PER UNITS TYPE (example 2 katanas, 2 loan asigarus , 2 monk spears etc)
    UNITS SIZE : LARGE, 14k
    All matches will be a best of 3 event. on the RICE FIELDS map.
    no forest camping allowed, team 1 is the attacker is his responsibility to avoid stand off. unless has obvious numerical disadvantage after the middle of battle phase.
    Weather: spring/dry, No time limit, All player must save their replays after every match.
    If you are not online to play at the proper time , you will forfeit after 20 minutes of the other player waiting by posting at the battle thread..
    No key buildings, winner of each round must post replay of the battle for the community as soon as reporting battle results.

All players must also comply with below:
    Universal Org Competition Rules:
    All players must add their Steam ID to their Org forum profile and join the Org Steam Group prior to registration. No player will be permitted to play in any Org competition if they have not done this. Players must also Friend all Gamemasters who are involved in any competition they are participating in, and accept all Friend requests they receive from other competitors.
    Gamemaster - All competitions must have at least one Gamemaster to supervise the competition and resolve disputes. If there is only one Gamemaster in a competition, the Gamemaster cannot play in the competition. If there are multiple Gamemasters in the competition, they can play, but they have no powers to enforce rules or resolve disputes in their own matches. If a player believes a Gamemaster is behaving improperly, the issue will be referred to the Org Staff.
    Drops - The first two drops by one player or team will result in the battle being replayed. A third drop by the same player or team will result in an automatic loss for the dropper, and win for the other player or team. Extended Considerations:
    Obvious Advantage: If a player drops while the other player or team has an obvious advantage (as indicated by the battle bar) then the player or team with the winning advantage can either choose to replay the Battle, or claim the win. Screenshots or replay must be submitted in order to claim the win if the dropping player does not agree.
    Slight Advantage: If one player or team has only a slight advantage, the Battle is to be replayed with same factions, armies, and conditions. If this is the second try at completing the same Battle, and one player or team has dropped with a slight disadvantage in both attempts, the player or team with the slight advantage can then either choose to refight the Battle, or claim the win (as above).
    Red-Line Camping - Positioning a unit to take advantage of the red-line to support its flank or rear is against the rules.
    The criteria for a charge of red-line camping must include these three things:
    The positioning of a body of forces to use the red-line as a tactical advantage.
    The proximity of that body of forces to the red-line, inhibiting out-maneuvering on that flank or to its rear.
    Maintaining that position for a period of over three minutes, without showing signs of any attempt to break the appearance of camping; that would demonstrate that this was truly of temporary intention.
    Inactivity - The lack of effort to arrange and complete Battles before any assigned deadline will result in a forfeit of the Match. The competition's Gamemaster(s) will evaluate effort according to the available evidence of attempts to arrange the battle, including posts anywhere on the Org, PMs, logs of Steam chat conversations, etc. A technical victory will be awarded to the team which made a greater effort, or both teams could be forfeit, if neither is considered to have done enough. An extension will only be awarded if both teams show good efforts to arrange the battle, and it is likely to be fought in the near future.
    Bugs and Exploits - It is forbidden to use known bugs or exploits in the game, regardless of whether the bug/exploit was explicitly forbidden in the Rules. Intentional use of a bug or exploit is considered dishonorable behavior, and could result in forfeit of the match, expulsion from the contest, or any other punishment

FINALISTS
    The finalist of each division will fight the other division top player for the Master Championship.
    Every player that has advanced in previous playoff top 8 rounds on any 1v1 tournament in Shogun 2 will receive a buy-round and will not be position players from same clan the first 1 round play against each other.
    Replays of battles will be mandatory after the 2nd round of each division.

AWARDS
    Each player that advance on the top 8 of his specialty division will receive a Banner stating his achievement as "Elite Bowman' or "Elite Swordsman"
    advancing on top 4 will receive a "Master" banner of his specialty
    finalist "Grand Master" of his specialty
    and the winner of each division will receive the " Legendary Bowman" or" Legendary Swordsman" banner

FINALS
    The winners of each division with duel best of 5 games for the 1v1 Championship .
    At the end of tournament , the remaining 2 Masters(duel of for best 3rd place) , the Grandmaster and their Legendary players as captain and duel each other division on 3v3 battle best of 3 for the 3v3 Team Championship.

REGISTRATION
    name
    steam ID
    Follow the link and join division you want to compete;
    LEGENDARY BOWMAN DIVISION https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/tourn...?do=view&id=27 or
    LEGENDARY SWORDSMAN DIVISION https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/tourn...?do=view&id=28)
    name of 1v1 tournament you have been on top 8 for first round buy

Special award will receive for the most spectacular "Most epic battle" replay , and for the "most honorable player" of the tournament
    I believe that this partial predictability of army set ups will create more realistic experience and refine tactics for different players style.

I will like to thank .org adm, that allow me to host this tournament here ,TinCow that will take care the technical stuff and please feel welcome to join and /or volunteer to this event.
    Last edited by Proteus; 10-06-2011 at 22:23.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: THE MASTERS CUP 2011

I like to sign up for this please !

Registration is on https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/competitions.php?
    please choose the division specialty of your choice and have a great time .

I should post my name and steam id here or in the tourney comments ?

I registered, is there anything else I should do?

Thats about it , the first week of November you will know your opponent for the first round gl .

Blog Entries

I signed up!

Your name sounds familiar.... What clan are you in?

Proteus, former brothehood of Chaos, former brotherhood of Aggony , founder of team Battlestars
    Last edited by Proteus; 10-05-2011 at 04:17.

Blog Entries

Cool. I thought I recognize your name from some place.

RULES UPDATE: I have add antispam rule of max 3 per unit type on Bowman division and max 2 per unit type on Swordsman division to avoid monk spear spams after the new patch.
    Sorry for the change but community start feeling the effects of this unfortunate patch.
    I decide to make this initiative without consulting another clan players as opinions can really variety and i want to take the blame after all :).
    but only those players can vote (since they register prior this rule changed), if they which to alternate that rule and use other monks spears anti spam solutions.

for Bowman division and :
    1. BATTLSTAR Jedi
    2. Kortes
    3. Proteus
    4. Sareth4
    5. AggonyKing
    6. Point_Man

from swordsman division
    1.andferpa
    2. Kadan
    3. ELITEKWARMAN8GINGYBREADMENMILK
    4. Kortes

I'll have a go with the Legendary swords div. mate, see you in the front lines.

MAPS ;the new maps from then patch has many forest infa/archers spams that I am not interested , It looks like the GUNA FIELD,KANTO PLAINS also can be balanced flat and fast .

[IMP]_Aizenkur ;
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/IMP_Aizenkur/
    I signed up for bow division.

Blog Entries

Sure we can't pick any map within common sense by ourselvess ?

[IMP]_Aizenkur Welcome to the tournament , here is the link to join tournament division bracket:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/tourn...?do=view&id=27

gl

Hi m8.
    Concerning this part of the contest rules:
    "If you are not online to play at the proper time , you will forfeit after 20 minutes of the other player waiting by posting at the battle thread.."

Does this means the matches are given a time by the system/admin, or players are responsible for arranging their own match?

Regard

Players; when you know your opponent next month , you ll have a section you and him to make your battle time convenient for both players , then each player has to be there no later than 20 minutes, if you player not on steam then you coming here you post / let administrator know you was waiting and you win the battle by forfeit .

Hi m8

One of my clanmate who register in the bowman division do not have the ikki ikko dlc and thus cannot field a monk cav as require. Is it still ok? or will he be disqualify

regard

deleting...

he can play by adding a yari cavalry then , since dont not have DLCs np.

I want to thank you everyone participating , i dotn care much of how many we are here, the tournament will go on first month of November that by that time you will know your opponent, I will stick on the strict rules about antispamming , while players can play their style that mostly like vs other players with similar specialty.

let the battles begin , play with honor is all about fun first and most.

Blog Entries

RUHM UND EHRE Everyone!!

Can I join this tournament or late?

sorry m8 we have start already , registration was open 1 +month.

please use this post to make sure you play your games ,

Just want to let you know, as a deadline is close, that my opponent Nuking King doesn't respond neither on PM which i sent him nor on steam invitation.

this round deadline will be on 15th, if will not he will be forfeit .

extension to finish all games buy 30rd, if not at least 50% participation of competed players the tournament will be cancelled for next year.

sorry mate, been busy, ill try to get this game sorted as soon as i seen ando online
    Mizukage of the Shinobi Clan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast