Thread: FoW Removal for Rise of the Samurai

Default FoW Removal for Rise of the Samurai

This is a quick scripting.lua modification to disable Fog of War for the RotS campaign. It isn't in a pack file, just drop the campaigns folder from the archive into your data folder (not to be confused with the existing campaign_maps folder which is present by default). To disable, simply delete the campaigns folder (NOT campaign_maps ) or rename the scripting.lua file therein to scripting.lua.off or similar.

I'm posting this in response to the discussion thread on questionable campaign AI behavior in RotS so folks can get a better look at what might be motivating it to make certain decisions (e.g. external threats). Hope it helps.

Derived from HusserlTW's quick mods tutorial for S2 posted at TWCenter: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433771
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kurisu; 09-30-2011 at 09:19.

Default Re: FoW Removal for Rise of the Samurai

Hi All,
    does this work in Multiplayer ? as i have a very annoying heat haze type effect since the RoS DL, and yes the radio button for heat haze is off in fact all graphic settings are on low and i have even had to adjust the gamma to see the screen.

i can still play but its an annoyance i would like to get rid off

HighFist
    UglyFist

" Paradise Is In The Shadow Of Swords "

It's actually for the S2 campaign map FoW, so there's no effect on battle visuals and likely irrelevant to MP. Not sure what happens with co-op MP, but it's really for testing purposes and not competetive gameplay.

I'm assuming your campaign file is for Rise of the Samurai the. Because I looked at "HusserlTW's quick mods tutorial for S2" one and downloaded his campaign one, assuming that it would work for the regular campaign, but I still saw the Fog of War. I placed the campaign file in my data folder and started the game. Do I have to make a script file or something?

What about Fall of the Samurai? Anyone know how to mod FoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    I'm assuming your campaign file is for Rise of the Samurai the. Because I looked at "HusserlTW's quick mods tutorial for S2" one and downloaded his campaign one, assuming that it would work for the regular campaign, but I still saw the Fog of War. I placed the campaign file in my data folder and started the game. Do I have to make a script file or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Babieca3000 View Post
    What about Fall of the Samurai? Anyone know how to mod FoW?
    Whoops, forgot about this thread. I'll look into whether this method still works for all campaigns, including FotS.

Scripting.lua (and the campaigns folder) reside in pack files by default. I was using a loose file for a quick override to examine AI movement in RotS. If the script still works, I can pack them all as a mod and post if any are still interested.