Thread: Tapatalk and mobile access to the site

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Tapatalk and mobile access to the site

The Org has now installed Tapatalk, a mobile forum app for the iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry platforms that makes forum access easier for those on phones and iPads. It's not free though (e.g. the UK version costs £1.99).

We also have the built in vBulletin mobile style, as well as a stripped down, low-bandwidth lightweight style, which are both designed for mobile access and are freely available from the style selector at the bottom left of the page.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tapatalk and mobile access to the site

Thanks Therother!
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

This is going to come in handy when I've not got a computer to hand, I've always steered clear of browsing the Org on my iPhone since it seems so slow to load... hopefully that's a thing of the past with this app. Thanks! :3

Now I just have to make the choice of dedicating my lunch break to idle workplace banter, Game Dev Story or the Org...
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

I just bought it, it's lovely.

Kisses and hugs from me!

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

The app asks for a forum address in the first step and I was unable to get it right for The Org after a few tries.

What should I input there ?

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

For tapatalk? We should be in the public directory. Try searching for "totalwar".
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

I guess the official app is not available in Turkey and so I had downloaded some other Tapatalk client which gave the aforementioned issue.

So weird that some certain Android app is region-locked.