Thread: Periodic crashing

Just a little post here. I would like to get a general consensus as to crashing in the game. Thankfully I experience only occasional crashing. When they do happen, these crashes occur, when I am being given my harvest report or when I am getting a pearl of wisdom from the sage in the throne room. I would just like to know, whether anyone else experiences these occasional crashes and will the forthcoming patch deal with this problem?

Harvest report, all the time. Perhaps every hour or so it freezes up.

------------------
    Koga no Goshi

"Insolent Horses!!!!"
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

I am glad someone brings this up. Here are my experiences:

1. Playing ronin and select a rebel in the same season. 100% reproducible.

2. Right after getting the count-harvest screen (probably I hit escape too fast?) Pretty often.

3. Right after going onto the battlefield (sometimes the screen also screwed up). Pretty often.

4. When an over-sized rebel fights automatically (means the red bar is filled up and there are some extra). Only happened once though.

Whoah! Seems like I have it easy, as my crashes occur on average after about 5 hours of game time, most of the time it is at that damn harvest report screen though. Will the new patch remedy this problem though?, cos I am pretty annoyed with rebooting my computer.

Hi,
    I have never had a crash?? So this is guesswork. A couple of points though;
    I never hit escape when given the harvest report. I just hit enter? I am not sure if that makes a difference.

If you are having problems when the sage is asked for his advice - don't ask! I gave up on that a long time ago.

This sounds like a technical problem perhaps you should list this on the tech support forum as it might be a problem with your video card?? Sorry that area is not one of my strong points.

It would be frustrating though! There is a rumour - I just started it - that they are going to change the name from Shogun Total War to 'Shogun Total Frustration'.

Member Member Honorable Chihuahua's Avatar

The only time mine crashes is when I'm playing ronin and select a rebel that has just revolted in the same season.

------------------
    You are no match for My Legendary Chihuahua Swordsmen!!!!!!!!!
    Chihuahuas decked out in full samuri armor and weapons is a frightining sight to behold!

My Shogun has frozen while loading battle maps before. I usually just reboot and it fixes this.
    I have also had the game completely crash to desktop as it switching screens, usually from or to the throne room but a reboot seems to fix this. My game is usually flawless for a month or two then it starts acting up again.
    Things I have done to solve the problems: Scandisk and Disk Defrag, uninstall and reinstall Shogun. These always seem to fix it for me when my game starts doing crazy stuff.

VIVA BOLIVIA!!!

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

I've had the game crash during all of the aformentioned situations, but the most curious will happen occasionally at the very end of a battle I'm winning, when the enemy reinforcements come on to meet my army. This is why I save games before hand. The problem will be unique to a given province, with a given army, in a given campaign. No matter how many times I fight the battle, the crash ensues.

Talk about infuriating!!! I've tried changing troop & shinobi movement in the strategic mode then resaving, but nothing seems to work aside from making another attack with another army in another province!

Another weird happenstance occured at the end of a campaign in a province with almost legendary everything, and I kept getting a message saying that I had no troop producing ability there! This only caused my patience to crash though.

Happy hunting boys!