Thread: damn dead taisho

ok, so I create this brilliant ruse to lure the enemy taisho into a trap. I expose my flank and let four cavalry units charge it. I slaughter them with hidden WM h6 units and kill his taisho. Ok? I think the battle is over. His armies should be in chaos, or so says that damn japanese man. Anyway I attack and destroy half his army, but the other half fights on. Nothing happend, his units fought just as well if not better. What the hell? If you kill the general dont the units suffer a lot? Whats going on here. I thought killing the general was a good move. THanks.

------------------
    The bastard
    The bastard

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Patton if this happend in SP, I probably know why - because the enemy taisho was a low-ranked jerk and far away from his main army body.

According to my own experience, the effect on the morale depends on both (1) the rank of the taisho (2) the distance of a particular unit to the dead taisho. It makes sense because you won't be surprised by seeing a crap got killed by charging himself into the enemy, while when the invincible God is dead just beside you, you know it is the time to run.

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

kill takeda shingen u see ppl run!

Patton,

If you were playing a high enough koku game that you could afford honor 6 monks, his units probably all had pumped up honor. Unless all enemy units were engaged, being shot at, etc., when the taisho died, then if they were honor 5 or 6 or even 4 they wouldn't run or panic when taisho dies.

------------------
    Koga no Goshi

"Nandai"
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.