Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

I can turn off the auto replanting of you would prefer. The chopping down is the main purpose and I'm ambivalent about the rest.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    I have a diamond pickaxe with silk touch. I hate it so much, because of all the trouble it gave me. Do you want it?

I also found a spider spawner near my base. I don't know what to do with it, so I blocked it off for now.

There is only one thing I am disappointed about for the new mapping program. And it is the cave view. I can't understand anything anymore.
    Yeah, if you don't mind I could use it. I've got a couple enchanted pickaxes that I could trade you for it. I have two with efficiency IV if you want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Yeah, if you don't mind I could use it. I've got a couple enchanted pickaxes that I could trade you for it. I have two with efficiency IV if you want that.
    I'll just give it to you. I don't want it. I died several times trying to get the diamonds to make that thing. I've given up on looking for diamond, since I've found only 7 over the duration of me playing in Orgcraft. And I leveled up 30 times just to put an enchantment on it. After all the grief it gave me, I'm happy to just give it away.

You'll find it in your storage area, in the Paper and Books Random chest.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I actually find it's easier to read. It is color-coded by depth. The lighter the color, the higher the cave, the darker, the deeper. It's designed to be easier to see which tunnels connect to each other.
    I can't see the details of the tunnels. The colour coding is nice, but I actually use it to figure out where I am/where I need to go.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I'm out of pumpkins again but over half the torches are gone. I found two skeletons in the town hall assembly room during the day. One of them took three hits and I believe the other took two, maybe three. I don't know where they spawned or fell from.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Based on the map I may head into the Northern Tundra, I always dug (pun intended =P) the snow biomes.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Based on the map I may head into the Northern Tundra, I always dug (pun intended =P) the snow biomes.
    After looking at the map, I somewhat regret making my castle in the place I chose. I really like that tundra area. By the way, who are you on the server?
    Last edited by spankythehippo; 08-13-2012 at 08:49.

After looking at the map, I somewhat regret making my castle in the place I chose. I really like that tundra area. By the way, who are you on the server?
    I am Ionized (my steam handle).

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Went exploring in the New World just then, and managed to locate wolves at long last.
    I found 6 - 8 in the forests around x: -1700, z: -1200. Which, incidentally is a very nice area, extensive pine forests, small bay of swamp and what looks like a very interesting mountain structure.
    Last edited by naut; 08-13-2012 at 08:55.
    #Hillary4prism

I can't see the details of the tunnels. The colour coding is nice, but I actually use it to figure out where I am/where I need to go.
    Would anyone else prefer a view similar to the old version?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I found 6 - 8 in the forests around x: -1700, z: -1200. Which, incidentally is a very nice area, extensive pine forests, small bay of swamp and what looks like a very interesting mountain structure.
    Yeah, that's a great area. It's not actually new, I remember finding that many months ago and being very impressed by the mountain formations there. The deep valley in the middle of the mountains has all kinds of interesting possibilities for development.

Would anyone else prefer a view similar to the old version?
    I don't want to be a bother. It's fine as it is.

Yeah, that's a great area. It's not actually new, I remember finding that many months ago and being very impressed by the mountain formations there. The deep valley in the middle of the mountains has all kinds of interesting possibilities for development.
    Because that area is claimed, I've now claimed the entire snowy area located at X=4486 Z=0. I doubt whether I'll colonise the entire thing, but I'll try.

Incidentally while the server was down briefly the other day I discovered a tiny desert village (one church, one blacksmith, three inhabitants) and a plains village in my single player Large Biomes. I wish that option was available when the game first came out. It feels much more natural now.

I also used that sand generator. That thing is insanely quick.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I also used that sand generator. That thing is insanely quick.
    I love the sand generator! I use so much sandstone in my resort area, it's a lifesaver. Plus at some point I can re-landscape the area I destroyed when I was mining sand. It's a blight on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Scienter View Post
    I love the sand generator! I use so much sandstone in my resort area, it's a lifesaver. Plus at some point I can re-landscape the area I destroyed when I was mining sand. It's a blight on the map.
    I didn't help much either. That's where I went because the area was already so blighted. I figured it could just be built over.

Down with dried flowers!

For some reason every time I try to view the discworld all I can see is black. However when I go to the example of Overviewer posted by TC, it works perfectly fine. Quite odd...

Also, would anyone have any problems if I bulldoze the hill in front of the town hall? Doing so would open up a lot of land for development and expansion of the city, and having a lot of flat space is going to be critical for building as the project progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    For some reason every time I try to view the discworld all I can see is black. However when I go to the example of Overviewer posted by TC, it works perfectly fine. Quite odd...
    Sounds like a browser issue. Try a different browser or clearing your cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    Also, would anyone have any problems if I bulldoze the hill in front of the town hall? Doing so would open up a lot of land for development and expansion of the city, and having a lot of flat space is going to be critical for building as the project progresses.
    Not at all. I've though that would improve the area a lot, but hadn't gotten around to doing it myself. Now that I think of it, I don't think I even hooked the road up to the town hall.

I have recently discovered that wolves have terrible self-preservation instincts. I have had four die in the fireplace today - the one I was witness to jumped in, and stayed in there despite the waterfall directly outside. Said fireplace is now dog-proofed until I've got them all to sit where I want them to.

Map updated

I need to finish off those torches. I'm thinking the raised glass blocks look ugly too. Then there's the arena...*sigh*

Down with dried flowers!

Is anyone having problems with animals escaping after 1.3? I'm thinking of building up an economy.

Down with dried flowers!

Is anyone having problems with animals escaping after 1.3? I'm thinking of building up an economy.
    I only got around to re-organizing and breeding my animals a couple days ago, so the animals haven't had much time in-game to escape. However, I have not seen a single animal get out of its pen since 1.3, and the pens are only divided by walls 2 blocks high and 1 wide.

Member thankful for this post:

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I've lost some sheep I think, and I'm not sure what happened to them. I'm guessing they escaped, but I didn't see it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Map updated. This is the last time I am going to announce map updates in the thread, unless there's something unusual about the update. Due to the new programs I am using, updates are fast and easy now and they should occur about 2-3 times per week. I always update the date below the map link in the OP when I do an update, so you can see right there how recent the map is. Due to the relative simplicity of the new update system, I may be able to automate it and have the server render and upload the map every day at a certain time. If I manage to get that working, I will let you know.

You've certainly been hard at work out the front of Sazak's place, haven't you spanky?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    You've certainly been hard at work out the front of Sazak's place, haven't you spanky?
    Sure have. When we were on the train from work, he said "The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is take down that tree." Which he did. So, I thought I'd renovate a bit.

FYI, MC 1.3.2 just came out. However, the 1.3.2 patch for CraftBukkit has not been released yet, so I cannot patch the server. I am not sure whether a 1.3.2 client can connect to a 1.3.1 CraftBukkit server, but it would probably be best if you did not update your clients just yet, just to be sure. If you do update and cannot connect, your only options will be to roll back your client to 1.3.1 or wait until bukkit gets patched.

So, what's the deal with the second Borg cube?

Down with dried flowers!

That's the new Noob Hotel. The front faces west, so you can't see the large lighted sign on the map. It's also just a shell at the moment, with nothing inside. There will eventually be multiple floors with windows and a roof garden, so it won't look quite so Borgish when it's done.

FYI, MC 1.3.2 just came out. However, the 1.3.2 patch for CraftBukkit has not been released yet, so I cannot patch the server. I am not sure whether a 1.3.2 client can connect to a 1.3.1 CraftBukkit server, but it would probably be best if you did not update your clients just yet, just to be sure. If you do update and cannot connect, your only options will be to roll back your client to 1.3.1 or wait until bukkit gets patched.
    I tested it, you can connect with 1.3.2, however, I do not know if there are any other potential bugs/breaks.
    #Hillary4prism

I wish to proclaim the land (-1817, -1062); forest and mountainous region inclusive, as the country Sazakistan! Unless someone else already has taken it then of course I'll move my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazak View Post
    I wish to proclaim the land (-1817, -1062); forest and mountainous region inclusive, as the country Sazakistan! Unless someone else already has taken it then of course I'll move my country.
    Love the country name. It is indeed a nice spot - you should go plant a flag on the top of the central mountains, just to capture that 18th-century imperialistic feel .

Quote Originally Posted by Sazak View Post
    No one has taken it AFAIK, and I'm glad you are. That mountain section is one of the best in the game IMO. I love mountains by the sea.

Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast