Thread: RTW freezing trying when clicking on online battles section of Multiplayer

Default RTW freezing trying when clicking on online battles section of Multiplayer

I have the Rome Total War Gold Edition. With Rome Total War and BI. I can get into BI online lobby with no problem but the RTW is giving me this problem. My firewall allows both games and I do not have hamachi. I do not think it is a hardware related problem as RTW runs fine as long as you do not try going online. Does anyone know the solution to this problem thanks.

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Default Re: RTW freezing trying when clicking on online battles section of Multiplayer

Do you have your ports forwarded for RomeTW? That is very often the cause of the problem, even if you get in the lobby gamespy manages to screw something up.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Default Re: RTW freezing trying when clicking on online battles section of Multiplayer

do you know what ports I need to forward? Also I did the faction unlock in the my game files could this be causing an issue. Would disabling the firewall when playing online stop the freeze issue.
    Last edited by totalwar123; 11-05-2011 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar123 View Post
    do you know what ports I need to forward? Also I did the faction unlock in the my game files could this be causing an issue. Would disabling the firewall when playing online stop the freeze issue.
    http://portforward.com/english/appli...l_Warindex.htm

Find your router model there and you'll be set.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Thanks I found the info