Thread: Custom music for Europa Barbarorum is not looped

Default Custom music for Europa Barbarorum is not looped

I have added music from HBO:ROME TV series by Jeff Beal, but every time I play the music stops after one track. My problem is the old tracks (default EB music) still play looped but the new ones i added don't. So while playing i have to press ALT+M (which toggles game music on/off) every time the song ends to activate the next track.

I tried decreasing the settings at the top of the file descr_sounds_music.txt but that didn't help. There may be something under properties of my new mp3's that needs to be adjusted, because like i said, the default music does still play looped.

I have also tried renaming the Music.dat file, but it appears to be overwritten, or unchanged after i boot EB up again. There does not appear to be a Music.dat or Music.idx file in RTW/EB/Data/Sounds/music to begin with.

If i edit a file should i place it in folder "sp game edu backup"?
    Last edited by Heterosapien; 12-16-2011 at 23:57.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Custom music for Europa Barbarorum is not looped

moving this to the unofficial mod section, as this is no EB-bug.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

the "event looped" command in descr_sounds_music automatically only loop the randomly taken music in line unless the sequence of play changed, that's hardcoded

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

AH, ok thanks. Its not a big deal, just would be nice if the strat map music would play continuously. I been trying to tweek settings for about a year with no luck, and your response confirms why.

First of all, sorry for awful necro but just browsing topics on the issue, saw this. Maybe someone can help:

I still can't figure it out. Some mods have this bug, others don't. I have the custom music in the lines, it's taken randomly if play hasn't changed... Music files named appropriately and correctly entered in descr_sounds_music... I haven't used the 'event looped' command (should I?). Still music stops after 1 or max 2 tracks. What gives??
    Last edited by slitebg; 06-21-2020 at 15:27.