Thread: Heavy Libyan Spearmen?

Default Heavy Libyan Spearmen?

In my Carthage campaign I keep noticing that a right click on a barracks says that it should be able to produce "Libyan heavy spearmen" (or perhaps heavy Libyan spearmen). However, I can't do this even though I have the maximum tier barracks I can build.

Anyone ever seen these spearmen? Do I have to wait until some reform to get them?

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Heavy Libyan Spearmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Europa Barbarorum FAQ
    -At least year 235BC
    -Build at least 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
    -Hold 3 of these cities (Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Emporion, Arse, Mastia, Gader)
    OR
    -Wait until 200BC
    That...

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

African Elite Infantry and Iberian Assault Infantry are also tied to this reform meaning that 3 of the best/better native units Carthage can recruit are reform units. I did never understand why the African Elite Pikes weren't reform units and the Infantry were though...
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I did never understand why the African Elite Pikes weren't reform units and the Infantry were though...
    Supposedly the infantry wears roman equipment, while the pikemen are a well tested hellenistic feature :)

African Elite Infantry and Iberian Assault Infantry are also tied to this reform meaning that 3 of the best/better native units Carthage can recruit are reform units. I did never understand why the African Elite Pikes weren't reform units and the Infantry were though...
    I can build African elite and have been able to build them for quite a while. Are you saying that if I can build them, I should be able to build the other?

A reform marker spawns in your settlement once the reform hits, then you should be able to recruit all listed units.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

These reforms are/will be better handled in EB2

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I can build African elite and have been able to build them for quite a while. Are you saying that if I can build them, I should be able to build the other?
    There are African Elite Pikemen and African Elite Infantry who fight in a Roman/Celtiberian style. The Pikes are recruitable pre-reform while the Infantry are only available post-reform.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

There are African Elite Pikemen and African Elite Infantry who fight in a Roman/Celtiberian style. The Pikes are recruitable pre-reform while the Infantry are only available post-reform.
    Ah, I think I was referring to the pikemen. And here I thought I could build every unit Carthage had to offer. How wrong I was.

basically represents the poenii adopting new tactics going from an influenced greek (hoplitai) hellenic (phallangitai) military organisation to a more manouverable roman (legionary/dunaminaca) organisation since they started to have to go deeper into iberia and italy to fight their wars instead of their typical disembark them on the beach and fight the batle there (phallangitai rule in a plain but in broken terrain the hability to manouver is more important then maintaining the cohesion of your lines )

hope it´s summed up a bit and i didn´t made too many mistakes or generalisations