Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lords of the Danube Courtroom

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Lords of the Danube Courtroom

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Istvan once more.

The King would request that Lord Andras and his army join him at the siege of Thessalonica, or march on Adrianople this campaign season.

Either would be preferable to his continued inaction.

It is well understood that under the laws of this land the Groef of Sofia cannot be compelled to march to war outside Hungarian borders, but he will be rewarded for his efforts should he assist the King.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Ádám stands up with a grim look on his face

Vata, the brave lord of Targoviste has passed away in Baia. His forces will carry his body with them as they return for his burial whom will be attended by Bokony and Hahold both should they make it in time.The lord never quite recovered from his wounds and sickness contracted in the strife against the Cumans, refusing to stop and rest as he and my lord marched and fought together.

He will be missed...

But there is more, the Cuman army have gone into hiding. We have several capable captains scouting out the areas surrounding Brasov and Baia as well as our very capable spymaster.
    We advise caution, the old goal of the Cumans was Varad so its possible they're heading here once again! If not, Kassa and Halych should prepare for a possible attempt to retake a stronghold.

Meanwhile Baia and Brasovs garrisons shall be increased, hopefully this will not delay our march south. At worst, hahold will linger with an army just in case.
    Last edited by Mithridate; 04-09-2012 at 00:48.

Istvan stands to address Adam.

Sir, the King would request that you prioritise finding and eliminating the missing Cuman army over all other tasks - including the march on Constantinople. If you judge it possible you have his support in the plan of splitting your forces - however he would urge you to err on the side of caution.

His Majesty's own armies are engaged in a campaign against the Byzantines in Thessalonica and cannot return to the capital in time. While we are raising new troops here at Varad there will not be sufficient to ward off a Cuman assault for quite some time.

The good news from the south is that King Bokeny has defeated several large Byzantine forces, meaning our hated enemy is on the back foot and cannot threaten us at this time. Thessalonica will fall to our forces next season and our navy has sighted a Byzantine troop transport which it can intercept and sink God willing.

Thus Constantinople can wait while we protect our capital and wreak vengeance on the Cuman dogs for the slaying of Pozsony.

Adam Bows gracefully

As you command, but it would fall upon Demeter to defend the capitol as we would not reach it in time if the Cumans make their way there.
    Hahold is only in range to defend my lord Bokonys holdings...

You must call on Demeter!

Istvan nods his asset to Adam.

Very well sir.

Turning to the rest of the court.

The King requests that Lord Petr and his army are released by Lord Demeter to march south from their current position to defend Varad against the Cuman incursion. Lord Demeter can continue his march on the Cuman heartlands.

Istvan receives another dispatch from the King and rises to read it out to the court.

Ahem...Joyous news o Lords! King Bokeny and his army have seized the city of Thessalonica, slaughtering the Greek dogs which cowered within. He advances on Athens, hoping to root out the nest of Greek vipers within and beat the Sicilians to the city.

Word hath reached the royal ear of the successes of Lord Bokony a Huntpaznan nembol in his capture of Adrianople. The King congratulates the Groef of Brasov and hereby announces that Targoviste will be added to his domain from this day on.

Adrianople itself will for the time being form part of the King's demesne along with Thessalonica, but if Lord Andras is able to materially assist Lord Bokony in the capture of Constantinople he may find himself in possession of the greek fortress...

Ádám looks out from the recently arrived messages and notes with a frown

Quick work, your informants are most impressive.

Bokony have indeed captured the fortress with acceptable losses, unless Constantinople is reinforced he will assault it within the coming season.
    I pray that our most competent siege engineers can breach any weakpoint in the citys massive walls... If not the assault will be a bloody affair!

Somehow i doubt they will fall for spies again...

Istvan responds to Adam.

The King will be most pleased to hear of your liege's plans to recapture Constantinople in the coming season - we wish you luck and God speed in your endeavour.

Shall I also pass on to him your master's gratitude at the King's reward to him of the fortress and territories of Targoviste?

Ádám hurries to his feet as he realizes his blunder
    Yes, yes of course!

The men of Targoviste and Brasov have always been close and will welcome joint rule.
    May i ask who you think the king will award Constantinople to? It is the greatest city in the world after all...

It may not have the greatest income, but the prestige of holding such a city!
    Bokony himself will be more than satisfied with only taking the city for Hungary and the king, seeking more humble and... perhaps earthly rewards.
    Last edited by Mithridate; 04-23-2012 at 09:24.

Istvan shakes his head.

Let us not get ahead of ourselves...

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jozsef, Kerecse's scribe, stands..

My Lord Kerecse asks if it's possible to get rid off this certain heretic who is preaching in Croatia. His name is Chwalibog. We know that there are 2 "hired knives" somewhere near his current position. So My Lord asks that whoever controls them could send them an order to send Chwalibog to his "Gods".

Istvan shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

If the King were in the habit of employing assassins, which of course he is not, I have no doubt he would assist you good Kerecse.

However, since the King is far too honorable to stoop to such methods we hall have to hope that the foul heretic in question meets his end in an unfortunate accident...in the very near future....

He winks.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

A man in the livery of Demeter Nembol enters the council chambers. His clothing are torn as if from a recent battle =. Over his shoulder is a rough sack, out of place among his fine if damaged attire.

"My lords, my master Demeter brings a gift for the King and esteemed nobles of this council." At this the messenger empties the sack onto the floor. A head rolls out, hair tied back in the fashion of the Cumans. It appears relatively fresh, although some might note the empty eyes sockets staring blindly. "Behold, the head of the Cuman ruler, who thought himself mighty enough to attempt to sack Varad. In the last moments of battle he showed his true colors, fleeing like the dog he is. My master wished to deliver his head in person, but he is now compiling information gained from his interrogation, and continuing that of the few of his men left".
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Istvan beams, standing and applauding the messenger.

These glad tidings are most welcome, and I am certain the King will appreciate your gift.

But I note - there is no Hungarian crown atop his head - was the royal circlet nowhere to be found among the bandits?

Ádám stands up proudly after having received several messages, he coughs loudly gaining the others attention

The most wonderfull news have reached me, and i can proudly proclaim that Constantinople is in Hungarian hands once again!
    I have yet to receive the details but thousands lay dead in a most glorious victory and word is spreading about "Bokony The Conqueror"!
    His forces is fortifying their position but should the opportunity arise, they will push the advantage and invade the Anatolia itself.

In our own lands Hahold reports having beaten the last known Cuman stragglers, almost certainly the remnants of our late kings assassins. Nothing is mentioned about the crown having been recovered, but...

He frowns but continues quickly
    Hahold have raised a friend and promising commander to the rank of Lord to aid in the management and defense of our lands...

Istvan has received a fresh dispatch from the King.

Lords of the Magyar, the King hath seized the Greek city of Athens, bringing an end to the Greek campaign. He will replenish his strength before returning to the capital. Athens itself will form part of the King's demesne.

To the representatives of Lords Huntpaznan and Andras.

Gentlemen, the King is overjoyed at the recapture of Constantinople and extends his gratitude and thanks, in particular to Lord Huntpaznan.

With Greece secured and the Byzantined driven back to Anatolia we have shown them the superiority of the Magyar armies and are in a strong position to impose a peace settlement in them and be troubled by them no more. The King intends to enter into negotiations with the new Basileos who, being young, has the dual advantage of being both easily bullied and likely to remain in power for some time.

However, in preparation the King would like to take a final step to ensure our success in these upcoming talks - to show the Byzantine dogs that we could wipe them out if we so desired.

Lord Huntpaznan, the King requests that you lead your army across the Hellespont and into the city of Niceaea, sacking it and fortifying it against recapture. For this your reward will be the great city of Constantinople itself, which your family will be charged with defending until the end of days.

Lord Andras, the King requests that you seize the fortress of Cannakale, south east of Adrianople and across the waters. For this your reward will be the castle of Adrianople, to form part of your family's lands for ever more.

The two captured territories will be traded to the Byzantines for peace.

With the Byzantine war hopefully soon to be ended the King would like to turn the Kingdom's attention to other matters.

As I have noted in this chamber before, it is a travesty that the accursed 'Holy' Roman Empire has possession of the city of Esztergom, our ancestral capital and the birthplace of my namesake and founder of our Catholic Kingdom, St Istvan.

With the Kaiser excommunicated from the Church it is an opportune time to wage war to reclaim our birthright and the surrounding lands, which have in the past been Magyar territory.

The King would like Lords Demeter and Kerecse to prepare a plan of attack and submit it to the Court for discussion, as to the best way to initiate and wage war upon the infidel Germans.

Ádám cluthes his hand over his heart and bows deeply

It shall be done, my king. Word shall be sent to Bokony and I have no doubt that he will gladly untertake this mission, you honor us with the safe keeping of the greatest city in the world!Furthermore, would you wish for my lord to stay and defend against the east or head west to take part in the fighting?

If not, he will remain and rebuild while our second army could heads west.

Istvan rises to address the Court.

The King has sent word that peace has been negotiated with the Byzantines, on very favorable terms for our Kingdom.

Lords Huntpaznan and Andras, this could hardly have been achieved without your efforts and the whole Magyar nation owes you thanks. You are relieved of your missions across the Hellespont - the war is over.

The King notes that the evil German scourge hath sullied Rome herself. There is no better time to make war to retrieve our lost capital. His majesty eagerly awaits word from Lords Kerecse and Demeter as to how they intend to carry out that mission.

Ádám rises and unseals a parchment he had hidden in his robes and starts reading

Once the east is secured, i shall build up my strenght and fortify our position. Depending on my forces remaining strenght i shall join any call of holy war to the west, leaving the defense of our holdings and in particular the great city of Constantinople in capable Haholds hands. He will muster an elite army in the name of hungary and stand against any threat to our eastern and north eastern borders, backed up by a small militia army to the north.

Word have reached me about a new member in my family, taken up withot my blessing by hahold himself. He shall lead a force from Baia and prove himself to me in the field before being granted blessing or being given death.

We shall employ a raiding strategy through the HRE then join up at the target city while relying on crusaders and mercenaries.

Signed
    -Bokony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345