Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

myth, do you still have the save? If so, please post it so others may play their turn. Otherwise, people should go off of phonics version of it here
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/attac...4&d=1326282285
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I have it. I thought we were waiting for everyone to have the first session and decide who we go to war with. I don't want to single handedly pick a fight with the ERE for example.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Alright, how about we wait for everyone to at least make their presence known in the courtroom before we continue. As to picking fights, that might be a long discussion and I would like to let people start taking turns reasonably soon. So the sooner people start discussing the better! :)
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Alright, how about we wait for everyone to at least make their presence known in the courtroom before we continue. As to picking fights, that might be a long discussion and I would like to let people start taking turns reasonably soon. So the sooner people start discussing the better! :)
    Myth, if you want people to come to court you'd better make some kind of summons...after all there's no actual voting session happening is there?

In fact I don't see anything in the rules about sessions and voting at all...
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 01-15-2012 at 13:18.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

The summons is mentioned in the IC post I had made. It's also natural I think for all players to assemble and discuss what sort of actions we take for Hungary. It's the first turn after all.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Myth, if you want people to come to court you'd better make some kind of summons...after all there's no actual voting session happening is there?

In fact I don't see anything in the rules about sessions and voting at all...
    Indeed, monarchies aren't democracies. Myth is free to start whatever wars he wants, but he had better to convince some nobles to help if he wants that.

I could make some sort of rules for sessions, but I'm not sure what the purpose would be without voting. Maybe we could simply make a rule that the king may call a session at which attendance is mandatory, which will pause the turn for a period of 5 days or so.
    Other players could perhaps do this as well but I wouldn't want the game to stop because everyone keeps calling sessions.

Indeed, monarchies aren't democracies. Myth is free to start whatever wars he wants, but he had better to convince some nobles to help if he wants that.

I could make some sort of rules for sessions, but I'm not sure what the purpose would be without voting. Maybe we could simply make a rule that the king may call a session at which attendance is mandatory, which will pause the turn for a period of 5 days or so.
    Other players could perhaps do this as well but I wouldn't want the game to stop because everyone keeps calling sessions.
    No, I think it's fine that we don't have voting etc. I was just making the not-so-subtle point that the hungarian nobles might not jump to heel unless the king made a direct IC summons and that under the rules we'd be fine to just go about our business without necessarily discussing it with him first.

No, I think it's fine that we don't have voting etc. I was just making the not-so-subtle point that the hungarian nobles might not jump to heel unless the king made a direct IC summons and that under the rules we'd be fine to just go about our business without necessarily discussing it with him first.
    Okay, that had been my intention but I wanted to offer it if it was important to players.
    With that said, I would greatly appreciate it if everyone made their presence known in the courtroom. However, I will call an end to the turn 72 hours from now. After that I am going to stick to a strict (or as close to strict as I can) 48 hour turn time-limit.

Hey everyone, I realized I forgot to divvy out agents at the start of the game. I will do so now.

They are allocated as follows.

Myth - King Pozsony
    All 4 princesses (Adelhaid the Affectionate, Judit a Kacsics Nembol, Adelaide a Buzad nembol, and Gertrud a Buzad nembol)
    Cardinal Levente az Oguz nembol
    Merchant Bojta a Huntpaznan nembol

Phonicsmonkey - Junior King Bokeny
    Cardinal Vid a Bogatradvany nembol

Zim- Demeter az Aba nembol
    Bishop Bank a Turje nembol

House Stark - Vata a Kacsics nembol
    Bishop Kaplony a Kan nembol
    Merchant Katapan a Szentemagucs nembol

Bokony a Huntpaznan nembol
    Bishop Lambert az Opor nembol

Princesses went to King automatically, Cardinals were divided between two kings, bishops and merchants were randomly distributed.

Phonics, is it okay if I just add in the 80 upkeep (for 1 priest) to your tally.

do I have to have him?

do I have to have him?
    Yep, you have Cardinal Vid a Bogatradvany nembol

Yep, you have Cardinal Vid a Bogatradvany nembol
    Then I guess I have to pay his upkeep...stupid expensive clergy

Then I guess I have to pay his upkeep...stupid expensive clergy
    He has influence in the church! And, you know, you can sic your cardinal on some foo's.

I definitely want my Cardinal to help me contact the Pope. He has to pull the Venetians back from our borders! When I want to write the leaders of enemy factions do I PM you NB?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I definitely want my Cardinal to help me contact the Pope. He has to pull the Venetians back from our borders! When I want to write the leaders of enemy factions do I PM you NB?
    Yep, that is exactly what you do!

Also, bear in mind, anyone is free to speak to other factions at any time (through myself), and it may be as secret or public as you wish.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 01-16-2012 at 09:39.

You can have mine if you want, he's closer to Rome

You can have mine if you want, he's closer to Rome
    They are at about the same location, but you can feel free to transfer agents or any property you want, as long as both characters agree.

They are at about the same location, but you can feel free to transfer agents or any property you want, as long as both characters agree.
    Yeah, I just realised that - no worries, we'll keep a Cardinal each then

Thanks for the invite NB! I just got back today and am quite eager to join. May I take Bokony a Huntpaznan?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

yay, Iggy's joining!

He's good at RPing I was sure he'd come by! Welcome!

The guys that got randomly allocated merchants got really lucky - the one in italy is raking in 400 per turn and the other one 125!

EDIT: and we can't recruit any more, doh! I have an iron mine I want a merchant sitting on
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 01-16-2012 at 13:03.

I need to open the save and take a look at the map before I can continue the IC discussion.

Look at the faction rankings too - those Romans you want to fight will crush us if NB is making them act sensibly.

If he makes them act sensibly they'll retake Constantinople and Bulgaria and Serbia. They have an elite stack near Constantinople and probably more armies in Greece. If we kick them out of Europe we can hold them back at the Bosphorus and let the Turks, K-Shah and Egyptians eat them alive. NB can also allow us to use diplomacy to have the Muslims smash them to bits. We don't get the AI free units and gold but we do have Hungarian Nobles and Cuman HAs...

Moved merchant to lesser mine, aiming to take him to the silver bottle resource next to Venice which will give him 700+ gpt.
    Moved Cardinal towards Constantinople.
    Dismissed 70 Crusader Foot Knights.
    Dismissed 3 full units of Pavise Spearmen + one 132 men unit in Constantinople
    Recruiting one unit of Slav Levies as a garrison for Varad.
    Granting Phonicsmonkey 3 recruitment slots from Varad for Cuman Horse Archers (recruitment costs to be covered by his character)
    Requesting that 2 Hungarian Nobles and 2 Magyar Cav be recruited in Sofia (I believe the castle is nobody's?)
    I wish to entrust the Privy Seal to the Junior King as a sign of good faith. (Also to free up room for Constantinople's title)

King's finances in excel spreadsheet here.

Save is here.
    Last edited by Myth; 01-16-2012 at 22:54.

Granting Phonicsmonkey 3 recruitment slots from Varad for Cuman Horse Archers (recruitment costs to be covered by his character)
    I will queue up two of them next turn and one the turn after

I believe we are not supposed to queue anything, NB takes care of the recruitment, you just say what you want recruited and where, right? That's what I did anyway.

I believe we are not supposed to queue anything, NB takes care of the recruitment, you just say what you want recruited and where, right? That's what I did anyway.
    Oh, sorry NB - I queued up two crossbow at Zagreb

Do you want me to refrain in future turns? It might be simpler if we do it so you don't have to remember and piece together everyone's pms / posts

Just as long as we report it to you for financial purposes? Let me know what you think

Ok, I'm assuming I can just look at the save and find out where my guy and stuff is. I'm just a little bit confused. A quick explanation by NB or someone else would be great!

Edit: Also, could we create a separate thread for the save games? It would make it easier to keep track of.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 01-17-2012 at 03:31.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast