Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

turn 6 has begun
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I checked the save and could someone please tell me why all the settlements were automanaged? Have I done something wrong when I installed the game?

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    I checked the save and could someone please tell me why all the settlements were automanaged? Have I done something wrong when I installed the game?
    Oh, I think that is because of me. Don't worry, we haven't been automanaging, I briefly made hungary ai controlled during other players turns for mechanics reasons, and it must have reset everything to automanage.

It wouldn't have had a chance to build, tax, or anything like that, so players should just make sure that they set their cities to the tax level etc... that they want during this turn.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Hey guys I remembered that I owed LoD a battle report for beating the first ERE full stack. Want me to write it out? I think I have screenshots at home too.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Hey guys I remembered that I owed LoD a battle report for beating the first ERE full stack. Want me to write it out? I think I have screenshots at home too.
    Absolutely!

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Yeah!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Ok guys, just a quick heads up.

Andras owns the trebuchet en route from Varda. He also owns the Slav Levies guarding the bridge from Bulgaria to Raska and the two units marching to the recently constructed fort near the Carpathian pass. He is charging 200 florins for travel in Bulgaria, except the king (The avatar in Sofia will not be charged for leaving Bulgaria if he desires, but all subsequent nobles or agents must pay, unless granted permission by Andras.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I noticed the King has the 'grim commander' trait. Unfortunately one result of playing this as a hotseat is that we are deprived of the ability to choice how to respond for ransom requests. It's easy enough to fix the traits, but I'm wondering if there's some was to use the console to restore some semblance of this decision? It's a shame too, the fact that the money would come from our character's own pockets makes the traits especially meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil XIX View Post
    I noticed the King has the 'grim commander' trait. Unfortunately one result of playing this as a hotseat is that we are deprived of the ability to choice how to respond for ransom requests. It's easy enough to fix the traits, but I'm wondering if there's some was to use the console to restore some semblance of this decision? It's a shame too, the fact that the money would come from our character's own pockets makes the traits especially meaningful.
    sorry, I am not exactly sure what you mean. Are you talking about the marriage and diplomatic offers I pmed you about? Because those can be responded to by me when the turn begins. I just need you to tell me your decision on those.

Speaking of which, what is your decision no those? That is all the turn is waiting on at the moment. Don't mean to rush you if you are talking with people or something, I just wanted to make sure you know you actually need to choose (as in, tell me your choice) before the turn can start.

I think he's talking about ransom offers that the AI makes when we lose a battle and the fact that his character has a trait that has some bearing on those.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it possible to sticky the Save thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Igno
    (The avatar in Sofia will not be charged for leaving Bulgaria if he desires, but all subsequent nobles or agents must pay, unless granted permission by Andras.
    FYI, before I wrote the post in the courtroom I read this here. Just wrote it there to hopefully stirr up some IC tensions.

FYI, before I wrote the post in the courtroom I read this here. Just wrote it there to hopefully stirr up some IC tensions.
    Don't worry, The King, that sort of stuff is encouraged! I always make sure any heated words or exchanges occur IC, so as to make sure that nothing is meant personally.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Le voila!

I suggest a change in the laws of the realm, this is mostly for Cecil since he is da boss ofter all but still.

Currently the Palatine is the "judge of legal matters among the nobility" yet the laws of the realm says that the Palatine cannot try any noble without the kings permission. This should be change to "cannot pass judgement over" so the Palatine can solve a "case" and find an appropriate "solution" or "punishment" for it. This would save a lot of trouble whilst the king still holds the intended power, he will always have the last word and be able to overrule anything.

Btw it looks like i will get two additional titles, alternatively rework the Privy seal and ill relenquish my current one. (treasury, Palatine and "diplomat(privy)")

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Btw it looks like i will get two additional titles, alternatively rework the Privy seal and ill relenquish my current one. (treasury, Palatine and "diplomat(privy)")
    My character currently holds the Privy Seal and it would be quite the insult to take it from him.

I agree with your suggestion about the Palatine.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    My character currently holds the Privy Seal and it would be quite the insult to take it from him.

I agree with your suggestion about the Palatine.
    You would have been insulted badly then because the privy seal would have been the easy route, but since my character got a crush on yours i think we will find another way^^

Do you know if we have anything in game that could be used as a "diplomat" Title? Anything really, since now i have to have the treasury title ( due to current laws of the realm ) while i want to keep my current Palatine ( enjoying the power far too much )

But the treasurer should not be the one to be the negotiator, so its kinda weird. Will probably invent a title without representation and allow several offices for now, got any suggestions on naming the title? Royal envoy or emissary (not really noble imho), Ambassador of Hungary, Master of relations or Kings voice perhaps?

Im all ears

I'm sure we don't need an official title if the King wants to nominate someone to negotiate with the enemy on his behalf. It's his royal prerogative after all, he can do what he wants with it.

Is that the position we're in?

I'm sure we don't need an official title if the King wants to nominate someone to negotiate with the enemy on his behalf. It's his royal prerogative after all, he can do what he wants with it. ty
    Agreed, Ive got a couple own plans but he will point and i shall go.

Is that the position we're in?
    No, not really^^ But such an offense would be really foolish to make for the king and Palatine, especially as i see no reason for it.

You are right, the system is indeed biased and unfair, just as the King likes it to be. (and hey, it was even worse before the Golden Bull) But these are IC rules, so any changes must be made IC. You will just have to find a way to persuade the king to relinquish some of his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I suggest a change in the laws of the realm, this is mostly for Cecil since he is da boss ofter all but still.

Currently the Palatine is the "judge of legal matters among the nobility" yet the laws of the realm says that the Palatine cannot try any noble without the kings permission. This should be change to "cannot pass judgement over" so the Palatine can solve a "case" and find an appropriate "solution" or "punishment" for it. This would save a lot of trouble whilst the king still holds the intended power, he will always have the last word and be able to overrule anything.

I think we should rename this game 'Nembols of the Danube'

Does anyone know what nembol means?

Zim, three units of Magyar Cav that I recruited at Kassa and am paying the upkeep for are trapped there in the siege. When you relieve the siege, if any of them remain could you please send them my way?

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Sure thing, as long as I survive the siege.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Vata and Bokony could west to help you Zim, but its far in the open against nasty heavy HA while ive got mostly melee inf (risky!)
    I would hold position with most and head south with rest and recruits. Will post something in the courtroom

The war goes on :)
    Last edited by Mithridate; 02-16-2012 at 23:10.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Er...my liege, I'm afraid only a single unit of now hardened veterans (silver chevron I believe) has survived, I have sent them your way.

My upkeep went down to a couple hundred a turn from this battle so I have that going for me now. Actually making decent money again

General's bodyguard is down to just my character. Forgot about the buffs AI general's units get in SS...

Zim, three units of Magyar Cav that I recruited at Kassa and am paying the upkeep for are trapped there in the siege. When you relieve the siege, if any of them remain could you please send them my way?
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Er...my liege, I'm afraid only a single unit of now hardened veterans (silver chevron I believe) has survived, I have sent them your way.

My upkeep went down to a couple hundred a turn from this battle so I have that going for me now. Actually making decent money again

General's bodyguard is down to just my character. Forgot about the buffs AI general's units get in SS...
    No worries mate, glad they were useful to you. Let me know when you have recruitment slots free and I'll raise some more.

NB, could you pls adjust my upkeep?

No worries mate, glad they were useful to you. Let me know when you have recruitment slots free and I'll raise some more.

NB, could you pls adjust my upkeep?
    Sure, can you send me a pm about it so I remember though

I notice Mithri's character now styles himself a Duke. Did I miss a memo? I thought Myth demoted us all to Count (or Graf)

Should my character be a Duke too? Or did something happen IC?

I notice Mithri's character now styles himself a Duke. Did I miss a memo? I thought Myth demoted us all to Count (or Graf)

I'm not sure, but if he is a Duke this should be announced in the Courtroom, as should the recent title switches.

@House Stark

You haven't posted in a while, are you still interested in this game?

If not, Vata a Kacsics nembol will revert to my control.

Also, @Ignoramus and @Quirl, it has been a few rounds since you played your turn, are you still involved in this game? :)

notthing has happened, an overlook on my part since the ancillary says "duke of Brasov"

ill stick to lord and change the old :)

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast