Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I'll get my financial report sent within the day.
    Thank you for reminding me that I forgot to do something..

Hello guys, how's it going?

Sorry for my extreme inactivity - I got snowed under at uni, and couldn't keep up. Fully understand if Andras has gone.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Andras has been taken up by someone else, but there are plenty of available avatars if you are interested in joining in again.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Just letting you guys know I may not take the save this turn so don't wait for me
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Blog Entries

So, how does the Crusade work?
    I will make a list of the upkeep of all the units involved? What about any crusader units I recruit during the crusade? The start with 0 upkeep.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    So, how does the Crusade work?
    I will make a list of the upkeep of all the units involved? What about any crusader units I recruit during the crusade? The start with 0 upkeep.
    Good question, I would say you can take those at 100 for non knight units, and 200 for knight units (cheap because they are just after the crusade itself).

Basically, I want people to be able to get the mercs, movement, traits, etc..., just not the free upkeep.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Good question, I would say you can take those at 100 for non knight units, and 200 for knight units (cheap because they are just after the crusade itself).

Basically, I want people to be able to get the mercs, movement, traits, etc..., just not the free upkeep.
    Perhaps making all non knight units cost 100 and knight units(also cavalry) 200? It would make it easier to calculate the upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Perhaps making all non knight units cost 100 and knight units(also cavalry) 200? It would make it easier to calculate the upkeep.
    Sure, but I'll make it all non knight are 200, all knight or mounted are 300 then.

Hello guys,

given the lack of progress in this game for the past month, and the latest king getting set up to retire, I think we should perhaps put this game on hiatus, or just call it done. I definitely had fun while it was going, but I think I really underestimated the amount of work I was setting myself up for.

My updates kept getting delayed, which really didn't help things, and the timing just seemed to have been wrong as well, with a number of players having to drop out.

Thank you to everyone who participated! Perhaps someday in the future this game can come back, but if not I'm okay with that.

In any case, see you all on the battlefield in the rest of the throne room!

Blog Entries

This was an interesting game. Thank you for hosting it!

Agreed, thank you! Was great fun, should you find yourself with too much time and hosting another then sign me up :P

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

I really enjoyed this game from start to finish. It was great to be the King, hope my reign is considered a success by the future historians of Hungary.

Thanks for running it NB!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415