Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules Discussion

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Rules Discussion

There has been a proposal for a new rule for when players leave the game.

If someone is leaving they can opt for their character either to be killed off, or left alive and open for another player.

If there are no players awaiting avatars, the character and his holdings become the 'property' of the next character up in the feudal hierarchy.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    There has been a proposal for a new rule for when players leave the game.

If someone is leaving they can opt for their character either to be killed off, or left alive and open for another player.

If there are no players awaiting avatars, the character and his holdings become the 'property' of the next character up in the feudal hierarchy.
    This was my idea - I wanted to find a way of 'clearing' characters who had been abandoned so they don't get in the way and their holdings, agents, armies etc could be of use to the faction.

We could add a time limit for inactivity, say a certain number of turns, to cover the case where someone disappears without prior warning.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    This was my idea - I wanted to find a way of 'clearing' characters who had been abandoned so they don't get in the way and their holdings, agents, armies etc could be of use to the faction.

We could add a time limit for inactivity, say a certain number of turns, to cover the case where someone disappears without prior warning.
    Yes, all credit to phonics! :)
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Yes, all credit to phonics! :)
    Lol, not what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Lol, not what I meant!
    I was being serious though, I realized I had forgotten to give you credit. :)

i call dibbs on Vatas holding^^

The one directly above Vata would be the King, so the lands would pass to him.

Havent you heard? Dibbs overrules rank!
    Besides, we´ve fought together so were practically brothers Vata n I

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Havent you heard? Dibbs overrules rank!
    Besides, we´ve fought together so were practically brothers Vata n I
    Hopefully someone will join the game and take him over. Also Quirl's character and even Hahold. And is there another guy kicking around too?

@Nightbringer, I'm sure you are super busy but an update of the first post in the OOC thread would be handy if you have the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Hrmm...

I fought with hahold as i view him as my "other" avatar
    Bah, that was the main reason i was craving an adoptee xD
    Second army to fight with

Ill have to redo my "turn" and calculations :( Unless you could let this slide as the odds was fair?

@Nightbringer
    you know what, I realized i never actually put that in the rules, so nevermind. :/ XD

What is everyone's opinion on that as a rule though? Should battles without any general be autoresolved? should vassals' battles be autoresolved?

i second a time limit, three turns perhaps? Thats over a week of absence without word.

Regarding Vassals and captains... Captains = AR Vassals should be fought imho. Perhaps complicate things and let another player fight your vassals battle? Complicated, but adds flavor if i may say so.

I think vassal battles should be AR'd. We have just one character each and we identify with them better if they are the only ones we can control. Besides, the game is easy enough without making it easier.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

I vote for AR battles for vassals, to differentiate them from our main characters. It also adds tensions as we wouldn't be able to be in two places at once to fight our battles, and helps limit the tendency to think of multiple characters run by one person as being interchangeable.

As far as characters being switched to unowned I'd be inclined to be generous with time limits in cases where they haven't said they're leaving the game. If we were short on characters for new players to take I could see being stricter, but as is it seems less of an issue.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    As far as characters being switched to unowned I'd be inclined to be generous with time limits in cases where they haven't said they're leaving the game. If we were short on characters for new players to take I could see being stricter, but as is it seems less of an issue.
    Me too - something more like a month in real time would be more suitable. Maybe 5 or more turns of inactivity without any communication from the player?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12