Thread: Modding - explain MP EDU please?

Default Modding - explain MP EDU please?

To any modders or MP folks who know anything about the MP EDU and the modifications it makes, could someone explain them please? Could someone explain the changes, the theory behind the changes, etc?

The reason I'd like to know is, I want to know what I'm getting with these changes, so to speak. I had an interest in decreasing the recruitment and upkeep costs for elite units, as my personal belief is that they are outrageously high. I was pointed to the MP EDU. Some folks said that while it wasn't necessarily everything I wanted (and it was perhaps a few things I might not want), it was certainly a step in the right direction. Lacking the time, energy, and motivation to come up with my own balancing system from scratch, and then change the stat for every single unit in the game (hundreds) by hand, I used the MP EDU.

More specifically, I wrote a program to go through that MP EDU and modify it. For every unit, it 1) calculates a correct upkeep cost from the recruitment cost, and 2) grabs the ownership line from the SP EDU and uses it instead. Basically, it creates a MP EDU for SP.

I just loaded up the game and I do see some changes. For dacian elite skirmishers, the price is reduced by a fair amount, and the same for spartan hoplites. Thing is, I don't know what other changes were made, I just know there were many. Unit sizes have been altered in some cases, combat stats altered in some cases, and in some cases costs have appeared to INCREASE instead of DECREASE.

At any rate, is there an expert or modder out there who can shed some light on this? What was the exact goal or goals of this mod? Also, how widely is it used?

Also, for what it's worth, if anyone wants a copy of what I've done, either to use privately, or to make a mod out of, please feel free to PM me and I can always get it to you.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-22-2012 at 04:33.

Default Re: Modding - explain MP EDU please?

What 'mod' are you precisely referring to? If you mean the EBO MP EDU, then you'll need to contact gamegeek2. He is the maintainer of that EDU.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    What 'mod' are you precisely referring to? If you mean the EBO MP EDU, then you'll need to contact gamegeek2. He is the maintainer of that EDU.
    Yup, that's the "mod" (or whatever it is) I'm referring to. Is this gamegeek2 still around? Sorry I'm somewhat new here... can I just send a PM to that screenname?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sent him a PM, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-22-2012 at 06:35.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

moved to the submod-forum

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions