Thread: EB script

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Default EB script

I was looking into some scripts and ran into these,

; 8n: Xanthippos
    ; 8o: Yuezhi Invasion

What is 8n exactly? What does it do? Does it still function?

And 8o, is that script active? I've never played a campaign till that date but I might if stuff like that will happen :P

We do not sow.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: EB script

Xanthippos is a Spartiatai Hoplitai FM, will spawn when you play as the Qarthadastim, if you are at war with the SPQR prior to a certain date (can't remember which)...

The Yuezhi might be something from the older 0.x versions, I never seen anything related to it...

ok ty

We do not sow.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Yuezhi are a nomadic group just off (or on, depending on who you ask) the eastern edge of the EB map. In the second century BC they were defeated by the Xionghu and forced to move west. In the EB open beta they were included as a faction; but they ended up being replaced by the Saka.

This part of the script will generate a large, eleutheroi invasion force, around the time of the historical event, provided you play one of the eastern factions (Saka, Bactria, the Seleucids and IIRC Parthia). Sadly, these large stacks often won't move from their starting position, so it isn't as much of a threat as it should be.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

too bad :S it would make a few campaigns alot more interesting.

same thing with the Celtiberian alliance :P Its nice that a rebel army pops up to help me but its not of much help if it doesnt come to assist -_-

Perhaps in that case, is there a way to make the army come into existance under lusotannan rule with a allied-general trait and perhaps 0 upkeep but unretrainable units?

im going to work on that!

We do not sow.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Perhaps in that case, is there a way to make the army come into existance under lusotannan rule with a allied-general trait and perhaps 0 upkeep but unretrainable units?
    Creating a Lusitanian army with an allied general should be possible. 0 upkeep and unretrainable units is going to be more work, because you'll have to create separate entries for these units in the EDU file, which in turn means they cannot use the models of existing units.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

to get 0 upkeep i cannot just make a different slot in the descr_unit.txt?

We do not sow.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

There is a maximum number of unit slots in R:TW which EB has reached. I think if you removed the Irish and Spanish unrecruitables, the foot tanks and the ordmalica, you would free up two slots and removing the Ordmalica would net you anther slot and perhaps space for a new model if there is a limit on those. However, this would be a lot of work and you couldn't simply create new units that share models, as only two units can iirc.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

hmm... perhaps a money script linked to the army upkeep. And since they are celts, i just put celtic units in their army so the lusos cant retrain. That would solve all 3 problems, just dunno if its possible to make such a money script?

We do not sow.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Note that the movement of these rebel unit stack are also depending on campaign difficulty. They are more likely to attack you on VH then on H or M. Which is one of the reasons why VH is the recommended difficulty for the campaign map.

It is possible to make a money script, but it depends on the conditions you want if it will actually be possible or how difficult it would be. You could also look at their costs, count them up and use the cheatcode (add_money or what was it again?) to give you that number each turn. Perhaps it isn't as pretty, looks more like cheating (though one would call it role playing), but it is much more easy.

ye but i thought this script also came into action when the player wasnt lusotannan

We do not sow.

The script comes in action if a player plays a different faction as well. Problem here is you can't come up with an easy line of code that would give you just what you'd wanted.

Yuezhi Invasion script stuffs up my game cause the script has a bug which changes all of the cities in my empire to AI controlled every single turn untill you defeat them

Are you sure it is the script? As far as I recall, it only inserts a few full-stacks near Chighu if certain conditions are met.

You could try blanking out that part of the script. Make a copy of the EBBS_script, and either remove the section for the Yuezhi invasion.