Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Travelers Timewarp [Concluded]

Default Re: Time Travelers Timewarp [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    You keep making this mistake.

There will not be very many townies left on D4 or 5. Those days will be our last chance to alter the past. And what's to say some or most of the living townies won't have useed their D1 opportunity up already?

What's to say we wont have nailed a mafia or 2 by D4 or D5?
    If you have a better plan please do let us know.

if we do lynch Yaropolk and find that the N1 dead havent come back we will go and lynch someone else on N3 and bring back Yaropolk.

Clarification: what if scum leave the neutralized travelers alive, deliberately?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Agree with Ishmael on this. For D1 lynch we only need a maximum of 2 vote changes tonight if it includes atleast one of Arjos' voters.
    Alright. I still disagree on the theory but I'm willing to change my vote on day 1 to Yaropolk. If Ishmael does as well then everyone else can save their abilities.

If we had more times I'd be tempted to create lynch mobs, where we send out a couple of people to change their votes on earlier days to see if people go through with it or not without affecting hte number of kills in the present. But for that to be effective we would need 6 or 7 days in order to cross-check results.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Sounds good to me. I'll take my vote off Yarapolk then, so that we don't waste today's lynch.

unvote

The more I think about it, the better Vote: No Lynch looks.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unvote: Vote: Riedquat

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    I think the currently living ones should be focusing in the currently living ones, at least for a while, spreading to much could be dangerously ineffective if we start voting for the current deceased ones.
    I got a headache now.
    -----
    So first you say let's avoid voting for dead people.

Then we should try to avoid going back to day 1... tell Monty that

I don't like voting for a dead dude, what happens if a distracted townie comes and place a vote ahead on SalmonSoil?

Vote: SalmonSoil
    Then you say "I don't like voting for a dead dude", but then you go ahead and vote for said dead dude. Even after the post earlier too about how its a waste.

That perhaps is not correct, I thought the same at first but there is another possibility, your possible mafia partner killed you last night but tomorrow he travel back in time and instead of killing you he chose somebody else, if that is possible you will be revived.
    Here you argue that Chaotix is not wasting his potential vote even though the scenario you state is incredibly unlikely. It sounds as though you are arguing that Chaotix should continue to vote for a dead guy even though this scenario is unlikely. Why? If you are scum it makes sense to have as many wasted votes as possible.

Overall you keep saying one thing but you are doing the opposite. You argue one way and then try to justify someone else doing the same thing. So where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn
    snip
    Overreacting post. Very scummy.
    You've obviously never played with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    The more I think about it, the better Vote: No Lynch looks.
    I don't know about a no lynch, but having thought it through I agree that the more time the town has the better, provided we also have lynches to play with when we go back in time. Thus, I'm going to vote for Yarapolk again, as it saves us one death whilst still allowing us to manipulate this lynch later.

EDIT: That is, it gives a 50% chance of saving one death, unless somebody else votes for Yarapolk today.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 03-28-2012 at 12:56.

Whoops, forgot to actually vote.

vote: Yarapolk

Oh and I am very cool with the Yaropolk lynch on D1. I think is a good plan even if that puts me top of the block today.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Round Over prepare for write up

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    You've obviously never played with me.
    Haha no and that's where my year long hiatus gets to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post

That's the plan for tonight, but oh well.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

So you're gonna facepalm when my character name is revealed. Because I'm pretty obviously innocent.

That's the plan for tonight, but oh well.
    See my post above (I'm pretty sure I explained that in one of them. It's hard to keep track)

About the vote change of day one. It's best if one of Ishmael or Greyblades change. If one of them change to Yaropolk he will be alone in the lead with 3 votes. this is the cleanest option and we can more clearly see if someone is interfering with this, say someone else time travels at night and the outcome is different.

No worries. I shall remain inactive tonight then.

Alright. I still disagree on the theory but I'm willing to change my vote on day 1 to Yaropolk. If Ishmael does as well then everyone else can save their abilities.
    No CA. You should not change your vote. Let Ishmael alone change his.

You should have voted for someone else...

No worries. I shall remain inactive tonight then.
    Actually, you should switch your vote for today from me to riedquat after the write-up. If you're a townie I suppose.

I don't know about a no lynch, but having thought it through I agree that the more time the town has the better, provided we also have lynches to play with when we go back in time. Thus, I'm going to vote for Yarapolk again, as it saves us one death whilst still allowing us to manipulate this lynch later.

EDIT: That is, it gives a 50% chance of saving one death, unless somebody else votes for Yarapolk today.
    actually the more I think about it the more reason we have to lynch someone on the first day. Because it will bring back Arjos, a confirmed innocent and thus we don't lose time but we do gain a small chance of lynching scum.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

As day ends at T.I.M.E Headquarters Inspector Spacetime tallies up the votes he is happy to see that this time there is no tie for him to decide in this lynch it is clear cut who it is that will die this day. Kyle Reese (Lewwyn) is to be removed from the time stream this day. Kyle is dragged up before Inspector Spacetime. This lynch is mealy to determine what effect your disappearance may have on the future of the timestream. Worry not Kyle the result today was close there is still plenty of time for this result to be changed and for you to be brought back alive and well. Whilst you were not an inventor of a time machine like many of us here you were brave and noble and would have sacrificed your own life to protect humanity had you not being taken by the time police. I only ask that you do this one more time. With these words Kyle nods and fads out as he is removed from the time stream.

Lewwyn (Kyle Reese) is lynched
    Night Two Begins ends in 24 hours

Tally

Yaropolk
    Visorslash, Ishmael
    Lewwyn Count Arach, Daveshack,Yaropolk 3 Votes Lynched
    SalmonSoil Redquiat, Edse
    LazyMcCrow Atheotoes
    Redquiat Lewwyn, Edse

Montmorency
    Visorslash
    CountArach
    Lewwyn
    Daveshack
    Chaotix
    Atheothos
    Yaropolk
    Arjos
    Reidquat
    Salmonsoil
    Ishmael
    LazyMcCrow
    Edse
    Tuuvi
    Greyblades
    Khann

No Vote Khann, Greyblades, Tuuvi
    Last edited by Captain Blackadder; 03-29-2012 at 00:13.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

To clarify: I (re)voted for Yarapolk as I was hoping that he will be lynched today as well as D1, thus saving us a lynch and buying the town some more time. Normally I'd be against 'wasting' a lynch like this as it's the only means for the town to catch scum, but in this case it isn't - we can also manipulate past lynches, and this gives us more time to do that, whilst still allowing us to change today's lynch later if we so desire.

EDIT: Just to confirm, I will still be changing my D1 vote to Yarapolk.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 03-28-2012 at 13:15.

Actually, you should switch your vote for today from me to riedquat after the write-up. If you're a townie I suppose.
    Why tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Why tonight?
    Because I don't like being dead. And I want to see if Riedquat is as scummy as I think he is.

Okay what we have learned from that post by CB is that role names are important as otherwise he would not have mentioned it.

So plan for tonight?

Okay what we have learned from that post by CB is that role names are important as otherwise he would not have mentioned it.

So plan for tonight?
    I wouldn't assume that - CB has already said there will 'obviously' be no role reveals, so I doubt he'd give it away indirectly. I'd assume the mafia have either cover roles or an innocent sounding role name. As to tonight, my orders are sent in - vote changed from Arjos to Yarapolk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaropolk View Post
    Second for the retroactive vote I propose we go back in time and lynch SalmonSoil. This move will waste a night kill for the mafia. If we do this every night, we'll cut their killing ability in half. Yes we could try switching votes around until we find what stops the killer, but consider the following:
    • Trying to stop the killer completely retroactively will have nowhere close to a 100% effectiveness on any given night.
    • Using that strategy, if we're wrong, the suspects we eliminate are also innocents.
    • If we are deciding as a group who to lynch retroactively, mafia can influence the decision both by advocating in public and privately vote switching.
    • By committing to retroactively lynch night kill victims we completely frustrate the mafia's public voice.
    Hopefully I can get in front of this 'lets lynchmob Yaro' thing again. Re-read my proposal for night actions. Only a single person has commented on it (Lewwyn). This is powerful - this is stripping mafia of their randomness and influence. This is what we should be doing.

So we go back in time to lynch people who are killed and stop lynching possible killers? Also this doesn't take into account the possibility that there is an SK or Vig. And doesn't this make people who are going to die anyway deader? and doesn't this mean if in fact Monty is correct that killers can switch their kills that we will be actually giving killers more kills by retroactively lynching their kills and freeing them up to kill someone else?
    If Monty is correct, killers would have to waste a night action (foresaking a kill tonight) to fix last night's kill

If Monty is correct, killers would have to waste a night action (foresaking a kill tonight) to fix last night's kill
    I mean... that's complete speculation. Unless you already know something we don't.

I mean... that's complete speculation. Unless you already know something we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Role PM completed sending out now.

A few Notes

To make things somewhat simpler for me my version of time travel will be that whilst you are in the past time keeps on moving in the present. Thus if you choose to go back in time during a night phase you can not do any other action that night.

Time Paradox. If a time paradox occurs which I don't think it will both parties involved will be killed by T.I.M.E since their powers extend to ensuring no paradox's may occur.

Finally the time machines will also prevent multiple time travel versions of yourself from being in the same spot. Like A Sound of Thunder. Thus you can only go to a given day or Night Once.

If anyone has any questions about the Time Travel Mechanic ask away I will give as much away as I can.
    There it is.

Because I don't like being dead. And I want to see if Riedquat is as scummy as I think he is.
    You will have to wait. We want to see if you are as scummy as you sounded

I wouldn't assume that - CB has already said there will 'obviously' be no role reveals, so I doubt he'd give it away indirectly. I'd assume the mafia have either cover roles or an innocent sounding role name. As to tonight, my orders are sent in - vote changed from Arjos to Yarapolk.
    CB has also said we can reveal our role name if we want. From the N1 writeup it looked like one of the killers were looking for a specific person. I am not sure what significance any of these have.

So first you say let's avoid voting for dead people.

Then you say "I don't like voting for a dead dude", but then you go ahead and vote for said dead dude. Even after the post earlier too about how its a waste.
    Yes, because after reading it all again I finally understood what Chaotix and others were pointing to, it is so difficult to see? I explained it to SalmonSoil, it was not my theory! I voted for him stating my very displeasure doing so.

Interesting you and others go and vote for me but not for the people casting votes over the dead with no explanation whatsoever...

I'm sorry I came late to change my vote... oh wait! I have a time-machine!
    returning to the shadows.....

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast