Thread: Art inspired by my Macedon AAR: The Sons of Achilles

Default Art inspired by my Macedon AAR: The Sons of Achilles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Macedonians.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	4778

From right to left we have Damasos, Euenus, Abreas, the spy Aegisthes, Aloeus, Antigonos, Gyras, and Carpus the diplomat. The scene is a fictional council with all of the current members and agents of the family talking about strategy. I'm not sure why, but I like to see Damasos as a bit of a hot-head. He is probably railing about the Romans in Epirus.

The family dynamic is not particularly bad in my imagination. They all faithfully serve their lord Antigonos. But if there is trouble it lies in Damasos and Euenus. The younger sons of Antigonos, and thus unlikely heirs to the throne. Gyras is greatly preferred and perhaps this may lead to growing discontent in the younger sons. But it might not as well. Antigonos is still alive and furthermore, he is greatly respected. Gyras, an ambitious man is grooming his sons for greatness. Antigonos supports Gyras efforts. Damasos has plans on conquering the local Greek territories. Crete and far off Cyrene. Euenus has his gaze set on the Thracians. With the country in a state of war and chaos there is little cause for sibling rivalry and greed. The good of the nation depends on their loyalty.

But, this is still pretty early in their struggle...

I hope you like it. I'll draw more as the story progresses!
    "Hope is the Last to Die" Russian Proverb

Live in the city of West Des Moines; state of Iowa; in the United States. Have been to Canada, Mexico, and Thailand.

Default Re: Art inspired by my Macedon AAR: The Sons of Achilles

I wish I could draw like that! Great idea! I will be starting up an AAR shortly and this has given me a couple of ideas already. please continue to post these "fictional" drawings. The ""'s are for the fact that they aren't in your game
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Nice work Tsar. I like how the difference in position between all the subjects gives it some dynamic qualities. Not quite the Night Watch but still nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Thank you! I find making notes and drawing stuff helps me remember the details of my latest campaign better. I'm not sure if it enriches my few moments of leisure more or less yet.

I'll take that as a compliment. Rembrandt was a true master.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack50 View Post
    I wish I could draw like that! Great idea! I will be starting up an AAR shortly and this has given me a couple of ideas already. please continue to post these "fictional" drawings. The ""'s are for the fact that they aren't in your game
    Thank you! I intend to. :D

Well they're all characters from my AAR so I'm not the sole inventor of them. But I do give them personality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	General.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	5292

This is my general Aloeus.

He's a young general from the "Antigonid" family. Their rising star if you will. Greeks, Romans, and the barbarians will come to fear the name of Aloeus of Macedon.

He's a cunning strategist and a talented warrior. Eager to prove himself and serve his troubled land of Macedon.

Live in the city of West Des Moines; state of Iowa; in the United States. Have been to Canada, Mexico, and Thailand.

Another greaT picture! I will razz you a little tho' Shouldn't he have a shealth for that sword? It is more than likely just out of view to me. Also it would have been sweet if you had put a horsehair helmet in that crook of his left arm.

Now don't get me wrong, I couldn't even make him look human Just some ideas if you decide to make an elder version once near the end of his campaign's. Keep this coming along with your AAR, I'm sure hooked
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have

I forgot the sheath, I'll give you that lol. I think I had his father holding a helmet in the last one, so I didn't want to re-use the same idea. That and this is pretty much a direct copy of a smaller sketch I made and liked a lot.

Oh yeah, more pictures will come for sure! Although Aloeus lives up to his hype his brother Abreas has some pretty epic moments as well. As well as our elder general, grandfather Antigonos and his son, Aloeus and Abreas father Gyras. (And the uncles as well, the whole lot lol.)

Blog Entries

Perhaps make one of the soilders in action

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah ramese II View Post
    Perhaps make one of the soilders in action
    I have planned as much actually. It's not my budding kingdom's cleverest battle, but adversity says much about the quality of an army too no? :D

Aloeus brother Abreas fights a really difficult battle, I plan on depicting that.

Thanks for the suggestion and the interest though. :D