Thread: Call to research: difficulty levels affect building costs - what else?

Default Call to research: difficulty levels affect building costs - what else?

I saw a post on another forum and could not believe my eyes. So I went and did a quick test. The person was right - playing on hard artificially inflates building costs by a significant proportion. Hundreds of koku per building.

So now I'm wondering:
    1. What else changes across difficulty levels in order to provide artificial challenge. Happiness? Research speeds? Unit costs? There's a whole can of worms here.
    2. What the percentage increase is on each difficulty level.
    3. How much worse it gets at very hard and legendary.
    4. Does easy get a cost reduction?

Anyone care to help research this? I'm not great with statistics.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Default Re: Call to research: difficulty levels affect building costs - what else?

Here's some preliminary figures:

Large town: E - 2450, N - 2975, H - 3500
    Fort: E - 2700, N - 3375, H - 4050
    Tenant fields: E - 2380, N - 2890, H - 3400

Hard, very hard, and legendary all share the same costs. As you can see, between easy and hard there's a huge difference in costs. Over 1,000 koku per building.

Unit recruitment costs are different too. I've only got limited figures so far. Levy spears are 406 on normal, and 435 on hard.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Call to research: difficulty levels affect building costs - what else?

I assume the AI factions aren't affected by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

hmm strange indeed.

For Large Town and Tenant fields it's:

70% - 85% - 100%

whereas the fort has

100% - 125% - 150%
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

For the last few years, everytime I decide to start a S2TW game, I see a new huge imbalanced advantage an AI has and I quit the game in shock. Diplomacy, unit scales, attack priorities..

Last time, I see the AI gets extra free units to their attacking stacks out of nowhere and I was shocked. Yet there is still a new one comes up.

Anyway at least this one looks like they are not overpricing on legendary, they just lower the costs on easy mode.