Thread: MP Help

Default MP Help

Ive ran into two major issues that other people can seem to do over and over but I cant. First is, getting my units to shoot while reforming. I just had a battle where my entire force was wiped out because they kept reforming instead of shooting at the guys shooting them. While my opponent had his guys in a giant cluster forming a line, the second a guy reached his position he started firing.

My second major issue is with the maps where its a giant hill in the middle. I don't know what it is, but i can never seem to get my guys on that hill before the enemy does. Then my guys won't shoot back at the enemy but the enemy shoots them to shreds. Is it some sort of elevation difference or something?
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Default Re: MP Help

The first one is an odd thing that I have noticed as well.. it sometimes happens with AI battles as well. Your unit just keeps reorganising as people die and never returns fire, essentially beating it the second shooting starts.

I have found that a way to fix it is to move them forward a bit (just a few steps) and then specifically order them to shoot, not just leave on fire at will and shoot whoever you like.
    Sometimes not even that works and they just keep shuffling around... Then you either pull them back or lose them.

As for the second thing, I guess being able to do that comes with experience, unless of course there are retainers you can unlock, that increase movement speed or some shit.

Well I've got a series of vets with increased move speed and fatigue resistance and I'm still outpaced to the hills. It kills ranked battles for me because thats what 90% of the are. Some stupid hill that appearently both armies are in line to take.
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Hey, I don't have any retainers =p I just started trying to play online and it is kinda hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    I just had a battle where my entire force was wiped out because they kept reforming instead of shooting at the guys shooting them. While my opponent had his guys in a giant cluster forming a line, the second a guy reached his position he started firing
    Hehe, déjà vu. This is a recurring issue that has cropped up here and there in Total War games since pretty much the beginning. They usually get it fixed, at least to some extent.

Your not alone there's a firing bug, basically when your unit comes to a halt if one of the men gets stuck and keeps on moving the entire unit won't fire until that one man stops, its getting particulary annoying.

Also CA seem to of done changes to LOS so that now even if theres one slight bump in your men's view they wont fire.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Still running into the same issue of my units wanting to reform instead of firing, now its worse though. My cannons will constantly switch targets and wont fire. If I try and set fire at will off and target specific units they will fire once and then stop firing after that. These bugs have lost me more matches than skill in my opponents. Its killing my win loss.

Ranged units have always been a little derpy in TW games xD Gets funny when an entire game relies on ranged units.