Thread: New Maps for Online Play!

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

I hope I got everyone's attention! Actually they aren't brand-new maps, but I am dismayed by the lack of people who have downloaded them.

Tosa Inu has within the last few weeks created 3 maps; Magyarorsag, Yama Tosa and Tami Kotchi. Imagine if you would, Totomi with stands of trees and you will get the idea of what Magyarorsag and Tami Kotchi look like. Yama Tosa is very similar except that in the middle there is a flattened hill (I think he used a castle base). I like all 3 of the maps, but use Magyarorsag and Tami Kotchi for online play.

Another outstanding map for online play is the Sekigahara map created by Axial-san. I just downloaded it last night and gave it a look see, although I have not yet played on it. From what I saw, this could be the new Totomi! Axial has also created a map called Ashibushiyama (sp?) that is half wooded and looks like it could be pretty fun as well.

I have not visited Terazawa's site in a while so I do not know if he has uploaded any of these maps to his site, but I would strongly urge EVERYONE who plays online to download all of these maps!

For those of you who have downloaded these maps, how do you like them? Have you played on them yet? Let's get some discussion going on these maps in order to generate more interest!

------------------
    Obake

We are but shadows of our former selves and the sons and daughters of lions have become sheep. I am the ghost of our past.
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

where ,where ,where???

Where do I get them? Show me Oh great one.
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

u get saggy magy (magyarorsag),yama tosa and tami kotchi at www.boy-co.demon.nl/

------------------
    O4B
    O4B / Masked

u get saggy magy (magyarorsag),yama tosa and tami kotchi at www.boy-co.demon.nl/

------------------
    O4B
    O4B / Masked

Patience children, patience. Good things come to those who wait!

Magyarorsag, Tami Kotchi and Yama Tosa are available from Tosa Inu. Sekigahara and Ashibushiyama are available from Axial's site which is in Japanese but not hard to figure out. Make sure you review the readme's for Axial's maps if you want to play the historical battles, but for online play just make sure that you unzip the .jjm and .tga files into your maps folder.

I would also strongly suggest that you check out Terazawa's site. He may have all of these maps uploaded and available on his site (haven't been there in a while so I don't know for sure) and even if he doesn't...it's still a great site!

One other site that get's mentioned occasionally is located here and you may want to check it out as well.

Enjoy everyone and I hope to meet you all on these exceptional maps!

------------------
    Obake

We are but shadows of our former selves and the sons and daughters of lions have become sheep. I am the ghost of our past.

[This message has been edited by Obake (edited 11-16-2000).]
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Great job of making it easy Obake

Seki looks pretty sweet as an even-up map, and it'll be nice to have another Totomi alternative.

But just wait til you see "Blackshipgraveyard", if and when a map editor ever becomes available. I'm too daft to figure it out now
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Yes, I have uploaded all the maps that Axial and Tosa Inu made on my site.

So for anyone's convenience, you can download all custom maps from there.

------------------
    Honour to Clan Kenchikuka.

Visit my resource centre at:

http://terazawa_tokugawa.tripod.com/terazawatokugawa

Obake, you hit the nail on the head with this thread mate

This is exactly what S:TW needs to progress on a little from the Totomi- and 4th Kawa-only battles. New maps keep the online battling fresh and prevent too many oh-so-similar fights!!

I'm on my way to d/l them as I speak....

Doc

------------------
    Online name: DoCToR Otomo
    =MizuDoc Otomo=
    =Clan Takiyama=

TosaInu did some really good maps, all the feedback I got was really positive.
    When he sends them to me I post them on ShogunZone (http://www.nipogames.com/shogun) so if you need them just go in the "maps" section of the maps...
    You really should download them and maybe try to do some by yourself

Btw: you'll also find ALL the maps created for the demo by TosaInu, Anjinsan, Jeffe and the other mappers of some months ago.

------------------
    ShogunZone
    http://www.nipogames.com/shogun

Sonic,

Welcome to the Dojo!

Your site is the 3rd link I mentioned in my post!
    Obake

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Hey sonic_nights welcome back!

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

hi downloading most of the maps on offer thanx for the advice oby later man.

------------------
    Men die with honour on the field, but honour does not die with men. Honour to Clan No Fear

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

This post desrves a bump!

Guys get the new maps, then get on-line

It's hard to find multiple players that have Sekigahara, Ishibayama, Tami Kochi etc... and they're all so damned much fun! You don't know what you're missing

Besides, why are these guys doing all that work if you won't use them?
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Woo hoo! Woo hoo! More cheers for the indomitable map-makers! Using some of these maps in the old Demo-Era scenarios makes for some spectacular multi-army battles. I gotta remember to take screen-shots.....

-- B)

Why don't you all check out the Editing/Mods/Patches forum as well? There's lot of new information there, such as FAQs and tutorials on map-making, as well as info about new unit/map editing developments.