Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible bug, port attack.

Default Re: Possible bug, port attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantSamurai View Post
    Thank you for confirming that this old farts' memory isn't failing him like some of his other body parts
    While proving that my own memory is failing.

Speaking of "old farts," I wonder if STW and other classic games are going the same way that bridge and bingo went. Games only the people in the old folks home play anymore.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

You must have an agent of some sorts...shinobi, ninja, or emissary present in the province before you can send an army from one of your ports to one of an enemy (or enemy-to-be).
    That's not impossible. I am usually aware of what is in a province when I attack it, so I guess I must have had an Emissary present.

How about the "Agent" abilities of Border Watch Towers or Border Forts? Do these "work" for port attacks (can't recall yes or no)?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    Are you sure? I thought it was enough if you had put an agent in the target province at one time, even if the agent has left or been killed since then.
    I know you have tested this since you posted and have realised your error, but this seems a tad optimistic...
    Last edited by DEB8; 10-08-2012 at 00:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    Speaking of "old farts," I wonder if STW and other classic games are going the same way that bridge and bingo went. Games only the people in the old folks home play anymore.
    The game is 12 years old and, as with medieval, has problems running on newer hardware/OS so yes it's just a few dedicated old farts running it...

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

How about the "Agent" abilities of Border Watch Towers or Border Forts? Do these "work" for port attacks
    No, they do not. You have to physically have an agent of some sort, in province.
    High Plains Drifter

Hey Reluctant Samurai, I think I know the answer of this one!

If you lose the border contact with a clan you are at at war with, the diplomatic status returns to Neutral.

For example, if there is another clan between you and Shimazu so you have no border contact, and you defeat their naval amphibious operation to your port, things will turn to neutral again.

This rule applies if you simply lose border contact with an enemy after a land battle as well.

If you lose the border contact with a clan you are at at war with, the diplomatic status returns to Neutral.
    But, if memory serves...I've lost border contact with a clan that I was at war with, and remained at war until a diplomatic agreement was reached

The puzzling part to all of this is the port raid from a neutral faction. Even if the invasion force stays to fight, the diplo screen says they are neutral after the battle. But...if I return the favor, then we are officially at war
    High Plains Drifter

But, if memory serves...I've lost border contact with a clan that I was at war with, and remained at war until a diplomatic agreement was reached

The puzzling part to all of this is the port raid from a neutral faction. Even if the invasion force stays to fight, the diplo screen says they are neutral after the battle. But...if I return the favor, then we are officially at war
    I am pretty sure about the neutrality situation. Yes, if they try to invade you by sea, and you win at the end, you will remain neutral with them ^_^ If that's what you mean?

Just in case I should check this case again, I still have my old STW installed :)

You could very well be right It's been a long time since I've had a situation like that.

I still have my old STW installed
    As do I....although I don't play nearly as often as I used to.

High Plains Drifter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12