Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I miss Adrian, Louis and Tribesman

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Default I miss Adrian, Louis and Tribesman

I've come to this point in my life and I simply can't move on.

I need surgically precise breakdowns of political situation in the world...

I need those witty comebacks...

And I need those smilies.

I could have lived with two out of three. Heck, maybe with one out of three. But none...

Org. just isn't the same anymore.
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 04-19-2012 at 16:38.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: I miss Adrian, Louis and Tribesman

I make this thread every two weeks

When the honor of a place ceases to be, the honorable men tend to leave
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

They'll be back, the .org is like chlamydia, once you have it then it never quite goes away.

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    Is he the one that posted all those comments? WTH??? How did they get on that topic?

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Actually, why aren't they here any longer? I know about Tribesy, but the other two?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I don't miss Tribes as he was kinda mean, not a man of his word he never came for me , he still has his jaw, I would break his jaw no questions asked. AdrianII and Luigie are sorely missed though, especially AdrianII. Where is the Frenchie, Louis was epic

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tribesman went into self-imposed exile due to a grudge with another member, and he doesn't want to post whilst they are still allowed to post.

Louis went into a self-imposed exile after Louis-gate.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Trust me, they still lurk, after all look at when me, Insane and Frag joined, my marriage didn't even last that long.

Blog Entries

Louis-gate.
    Oh I gotta hear this.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Oh I gotta hear this.

I don't know the details, but I think it is connected to someone questioning his moderating.

Moderatorship simply isn't for everybody. Louis shone as a member, promoting him to a moderator limited his creativity and flair. Like Kirk, he was a far better captain than Admiral.

What do you guys say we make a coordinated search for them on the tubes?

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    I don't know the details, but I think it is connected to someone questioning his moderating.

Moderatorship simply isn't for everybody. Louis shone as a member, promoting him to a moderator limited his creativity and flair. Like Kirk, he was a far better captain than Admiral.

What do you guys say we make a coordinated search for them on the tubes?
    Cyberstalking Frenchmen...Let's do it!!!

I only caught a whiff of the scandal. He must have taken it hard and/or was loosing interest. My quips aren't enough to keep someone like him interested. It's a loss.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

I believe it had something to do with this thread

I don't visit Watchtower like ever and if I did at the time, Beskar, Andres and ACIN would have had a riot on their hands. Scratch ACIN, he isn't important but I expected better from Beskar at least. You're a resident of the backroom, amigo, you should have known better.

Adrian just faded away, I guess he just lost interest. I don't know anything about why Tribesy left. Anybody got something on that?
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 04-19-2012 at 21:09.

Some people see the org as a place where they hang out and chat with other people they like chatting with, and see the rules as being useful to the extent that they allow this to happen without much fuss. Other people imagine that the whole business of who broke a rule and whether there is fairness or bias etc is extremely important and worth pages and pages of internet drama, with accusations and demands for apology and orgies of hand-wringing. These people are usually not the most frequent posters in the backroom and so don't really care if people get fed up with silly drama and stop posting.

"Louis-gate" in a nutshell.

Blog Entries

Adrian is mostly active on total war center these days, dont know about the other two Adrian is also an admin there now

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Louis was right. That is, it was about a rather obvious joke that some other people IMO overreacted about and insisted was offensive anyway. However like I told him I don't thinkt the whole "discussion" was worth all the drama and certainly not worth leaving.

Did Adrian really leave, actually? It's my impression that he has dissappeared and reappeared several times over the last few years.

I don't recall whatever incident caused Tribesman to leave, but Beskar's explanation sounds perfectly believable. I'd love to see him again at the .org because watching him in some discussions was amusing, but at the same time I realize that he was a rather stubborn guy, not always friendly or respectful, and I can see why not everyone would miss him.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    Did Adrian really leave, actually? It's my impression that he has dissappeared and reappeared several times over the last few years.
    Yeah, that's accurate. Like the gentle stroking of a desert zephyr, he wafts into our lives when the moon shines bright, caressing our skin with his vaporous tendrils, then vanishing with the morning dew, much like an interrupted erotic dream.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Like the gentle stroking of a desert zephyr, [AdrianII] wafts into our lives when the moon shines bright, caressing our skin with his vaporous tendrils, then vanishing with the morning dew, much like an interrupted erotic dream.
    Here's sig-worthy material if there ever was such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Yeah, that's accurate. Like the gentle stroking of a desert zephyr, he wafts into our lives when the moon shines bright, caressing our skin with his vaporous tendrils, then vanishing with the morning dew, much like an interrupted erotic dream.
    Is it me or is it getting hot in here...
    This space intentionally left blank

I overreacted in Louis-gate. I still find the way Louis said the f-word (the homosexual slur, not the main f-word) distasteful, but I shouldn't have gotten angry over it.

In my defense, I was dealing with real homophobes where I was living at the time and I was getting fed up with that word and the bigotry (the day Louis-gate happened I literally just had a conversation with someone complaining about how all these "f****** keep coming onto me, I want nothing to do with their disgusting lifestyle"). If Louis came back I would apologize to him for being an over-zealous ass.

In my opinion, it was absolutely shameful for that troll to drag Louis into his watchtower thread, a thread which had absolutely nothing to do with him. It was also creepy the way he had saved things mods had posted from months (years) back to use against them, as if he had been meticulously organizing his case against an internet gaming forum for some time. It was equally shameful that people bought into the manufactured drama.

In any event, Louis is apparently gone for good. Is Drunk Clown still around, or did he do his damage and move on?

Blog Entries

Drunk clown? I think there's a piece of this story I have yet to be told.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Drunk clown? I think there's a piece of this story I have yet to be told.
    I will describe Drunk Clown to you in an nutshell.

So picture me, who has a history of complaints with how moderators do their job sometimes (I am more mellow about such stuff recently).

Drunk Clown is who I would call a "try-hard" version of me and would copy pasta entire threads, save the text and bring it up months later to make a point against the moderators and would not relent.

A lot of the old face have moved on. Very few of the people I knew when I joined are still active posters. I wouldn't even describe myself as particularly active these days.Such is the way of things.

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Quote Originally Posted by tibilicus View Post
    A lot of the old face have moved on. Very few of the people I knew when I joined are still active posters.
    Same here but add about five years. I will say this though: each "generation" of patrons has brought its own flavour to the Org.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    In my opinion, it was absolutely shameful for that troll to drag Louis into his watchtower thread, a thread which had absolutely nothing to do with him. It was also creepy the way he had saved things mods had posted from months (years) back to use against them, as if he had been meticulously organizing his case against an internet gaming forum for some time. It was equally shameful that people bought into the manufactured drama.

In any event, Louis is apparently gone for good. Is Drunk Clown still around, or did he do his damage and move on?
    In regards to what he had done to the mods, I have had that happen to me and a few others before. It's not really pleasant.

I've been lurking here for years, probably back in 2006 was my first visit. I think I made an account here once before, but I can't remember it. Anyway, people come and go in forums. They're here for a year and gone the next and don't come back. Or some just slowly fade away.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Tribes departure is all on me, what started as as a (imho) joke turned out foul. AdrianII still hangs around in the pub 'van Zanten' 200 meters from maison Frag but I have absolutely no idea who he is and I like that. No idea what happened to Luigi, I want him back

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra View Post
    They'll be back, the .org is like chlamydia, once you have it then it never quite goes away.
    thats not true.. is it? I thought that was herpes :P

*damn.. i got the wrong one -_-*

We do not sow.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Louis was crucified. Judas took his 30 peices of silver for the deed, his end will be the same
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Hmmm. It's not quite as simple as that, Strike. Louis had several opportunities to defuse the situation, and he didn't take them. It was a classic "this could have been sorted out with an apology and a laugh" kinda escalating, cascading event. Actually, thinking about it, Louisgate kinda resembled a classic tragicomedy in that way, lots of people making marginal calls that add up to a big, painful dénouement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast