Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ORG, TWC, and the Official Forum - what would the ORG specialize in?

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ORG, TWC, and the Official Forum - what would the ORG specialize in?

@Axalon

I know my response will come over as denying there is a problem. I hope you'll be aware that I do take your comment and suggestions serious. However, you make it seem that CM's just sit back and wait until something is given to us. I'm sure you know this isn't true. Staff has made great efforts to improve the current situaton and still do.

1) I agree with what Maltz says. Recognition is a must. That's the reason behind the Thank-button, the thread rating, ... Expressing my gratitude (compiling guides from posts, putting posts on the Frontpage) is also something I personally do in the sub-fora I visit. I'm sure Maltz can vouch for that. It's also something that has been talked about amongs all staff to systematically take intrest in worthwhile threads.

2) I believe you misudnderstood me when I used the word spontanity. I meant everything a member does out of himself. That can be just jokes but just as much giving helpful advise or writing a guide/mod/...

3) I define content anything that attracts new members and keeps current members around be it guides, mafia games, debates or just mindles chatter. Nevertheless, TW-related content and especially Shogun2 related content has been focussed upon. Guides have been written by staff, nudges have been given towards the community,contests have been organised, members contributions have been highlighted. Though please be aware that it can be be disheartening when your efforts harvest little result.

4) At the moment staff can use the Frontpage, anouncements (on top of the page), notices (hardly used at the moment) and stickying threads. A stickied thread with the most intersting threads is an interesting suggestion though. Can you also explain the reasening behind notes from members?
    Last edited by Peasant Phill; 05-21-2012 at 12:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: ORG, TWC, and the Official Forum - what would the ORG specialize in?

To be honest with all of you, I'm slightly concerned about the lack of activity on the forum.

And it's not necessarily because people stay away from their computers during holiday time.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Am I the only one concerned that CA doesn't even visit these boards anymore? We lose out on a lot of stuff.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567