Poll: Do you support a complete wipe of the Arcade, including scores?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Arcade Wipe

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Arcade Wipe

The Arcade is quite old, and it has a large number of bugs and other issues with it. In addition, many of the games have high scores locked into them that are so high it's essentially impossible to beat them. For these reasons, the TAs propose to wipe the entire thing, including scores, and replace it with an entirely new system. This has been discussed informally both publicly and privately, but we feel like we need to provide a solid public notice about this proposed plan of action. So, please vote in this poll to let us know how you feel about wiping the entire thing and starting from scratch.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: Arcade Wipe

I voted yes. I think some new games would be nice too. Also, make it more visible. I forgot how to go there.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Yes I think it's a good idea.

I voted yes, I tried the arcade a while ago and enjoyed it, but improvement would make it more worthwhile.

I never even heard of it before, so whatever it is, promote it more?

I voted 'GAH' because 'yes' did not sound good enough, but I'm all for it.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Member Member Mumu Champion Prodigal's Avatar

Well there go a couple of high scores I won't be bothering to attempt again. When will Mumu be back up? That's a score I can reach again :)

The new arcade is installed but disabled while we try to populate it with games. There are about 30,000 games available, and no easy way to figure out what is good and what isn't. If anyone has any suggestions as to what we should add, it would be helpful.

Member thankful for this post:

Member Member Mumu Champion Prodigal's Avatar

Tin...There's only one that counts & it's called Mumu...It's the only thing keeping me sane.

How about letting the peeps play, see what gets high hits &/or recommendations...If after a few months nothing gets a hit, take it out. Not sure how releasing 30k games would affect the org, but day'hem the high score scrolls would be a sight to see XD

The Thanks button is a weirdly double edged sword...I appreciate the answer & am thankful, but appear to be a total kiss @$$
    Last edited by Prodigal; 06-25-2012 at 14:37.

Ok, the Arcade has been re-enabled and can now be accessed by the Arcade tab on the main menu bar. I've installed about 300 games, and from the looks of it the pack I downloaded is the same one that used to be on the forum before. I did a very quick run through the game list and deleted any that looked like they had inappropriate content or just looked absolutely stupid. That said, there are almost certainly many, many games that are pure and not worthy of being on the arcade. Please post any games you think should be removed from the Arcade in here so that we can deal with them. I'd like to whittle this thing down to a smaller selection of high-quality games, rather than just a boatload of junk. In addition, if there's a game that you'd like to see added that we don't have, let me know and I'll put it up. Also, I haven't categorized the games yet, so most are located in the 'Other' category. If you have category selections for some, that would be useful as well. I'll never play all of them, so input from those who have would be useful.

Also, let me know if you see any errors or formatting issues. This arcade system is a lot nicer and a lot more powerful than the old one, but there still might be some issues with it.
    Last edited by TinCow; 06-25-2012 at 15:52.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

I like the new look and took the opportunity to finally score a couple #1 on my favourites!

At least I got to overtake Sasaki before it got wiped.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg