Thread: Sound Question Concerning Different Web Browsers

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Sound Question Concerning Different Web Browsers

I enjoy listening to the radio online. ESPN radio namely. I always listened on Opera. This morning I turned it on and it only came out in 2.1 (I have 7.1 set up on my PC). I downloaded Firefox and the same thing happened. I tried ESPN3 and youtube as well. There is nothing wrong with my sound card for I listened to some music on Windows Media Player and 7.1 came out fine. When I listen to ESPN radio, or any other sound application on IE 9 64-bit, I get 7.1. Is there some settings I can adjust on the other browsers? If anyone can offer some advice please provide it. I don't like to use IE, but I guess I could get used to it is for but ESPN radio alone.
    Silence is beautiful

Default Re: Sound Question Concerning Different Web Browsers

Lol, I thought I was going to be treated to a gripping browser comparison on a highly relevant issue. You know, sound as in
    "In good condition; not damaged, injured, or diseased: "he was not of sound mind".
    Anyway I thought the problem might have been that the site had moved to HTML5, which different browsers have working to different extents. The radio page is in HTML5 (still quite new to this but i'm pretty sure) but for me (Chrome) the radio used flash for playback so that's not it.
    Updated your flash player recently? Checked your flash settings and the their differences between IE to Opera?
    Last edited by Dellathane; 06-10-2012 at 12:06.
    Currently day dreaming about having the funding and man power to port MTW to mobiles. Whole and unaltered.
    Having a nightmare getting it to run on more than 2GB of RAM

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Re: Sound Question Concerning Different Web Browsers

Flash player is updated. I couldn't find any settings in the different browsers to affect the audio of the webpages. Now IE doesn't work in 7.1 :/. No problem though, I downloaded an online radio tuner that operates on my desktop some time ago and I found espn radio on it so I can listen to it in 7.1. Yay! :)
    Silence is beautiful