Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Guide of Bait Tactics

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Default Re: Guide of Bait Tactics

Video Episode #6: Battle of Musashi

Thanks for reading and watching.

Members thankful for this post (2):

This is amazing storytelling with jokes and punts. I came here to learn bait tactic for shogun2, but instead i found myself reading a great novel. Great job and bravo.

I'm not sure if the latest patch and the AI tweaks still allow for bait tactics. On Very hard with the Hattori, it is almost impossible to win without being cheesy and running off to Kyuushu since battles against the Oda and Ikko who outnumber player forces cannot be won using bait tactics. If I could attach my auto-save battle replay, I could better illustrate what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquin12 View Post
    I'm not sure if the latest patch and the AI tweaks still allow for bait tactics. On Very hard with the Hattori, it is almost impossible to win without being cheesy and running off to Kyuushu since battles against the Oda and Ikko who outnumber player forces cannot be won using bait tactics. If I could attach my auto-save battle replay, I could better illustrate what I mean.
    Mildly late reply ...
    Yep.. Patches have changed the game so a number of tactics that Maltz used in this guide or in his playthroughs will no longer work. Among others the AI does not allow itself to be baited that easilly any more nor does it run to the highest hill eventhough you already have a presence there. I.o.w: They patched some of the exploits.
    I.m.o. a very good thing. It is sooooo darn easy to 'beat' the game on very hard using the exploits that are still available, not to mention how easy it was before.

In my book, using the existing exploits, a campaign as the Hattori is much easier than a campaign as the Chosokabe, eventhough the game likes you to believe it is the other way around.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789