Thread: Another Rome 2 competition thread for Multiplayer only - best idea will be awarded

Default Another Rome 2 competition thread for Multiplayer only - best idea will be awarded

hi folks

quite similiar to this thread

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...es-for-RoTS-10

i would like to introduce you another competition that is held on forums.totalwar.com

you also may post ideas here for easy of use as you perhaps dont want to register there.

Tell me your biggest and best MP TW RII idea ever (not belonging to MP campaign)

these are the rules

along to the "competition" thread of shireknight i would like to collect and also update the first post with your ideas for multiplayer mode in TW Rome 2.

try to write it as short as possible. i will write down your idea and name below my "highlights" in the opening post and link to your posting so everyone can find and read it.

rules:
    the idea have to belong to TW:R2
    the idea is not valid in this thread when it belongs to MP avatar map (which should be discussed separated because complexity)
    the idea is not valid when applyable for singleplayer or campaign mode only
    plz try not to rage about avatar mode... we need ideas not frustration :)
    you or someone you trust need a paypal account (if you think you gonna win*).

steady, ready go!
    the best idea (not equally with the longest thread) will be honoured with 10 € via paypal. promised :)

*who decides who is gonna win. we will make a poll on the legends of total war forums (private for members).

Default Re: Another Rome 2 competition thread for Multiplayer only - best idea will be awarde

these are the actual ideas your ideas will be added aswell

these are our ideas so far:

system:
    - multicore support everywhere not only dualcore ingame and single core while loading game as currently in Shogun 2

- 64 bit support so we finally can use our gigs or RAM in our graphics card and mainboards

- possible disable background animation -> saves f..ing lot energy
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post360463

- optimize textures for FXAA. this already works quite great on Shogun 2 with just few flickering bugs but a very good quality and higher FPS compared to MLAA or MSAA

game:
    - a BACK button for matchmaker so we can get out of it if needed

- the things stated here in the petition at most the global chat lobby and bigger / more maps

- even more detailed units so you can see how much pilae / arrow are left on own and enemy units are left.

- dont repeat single units will leave formation when tired or such like in MTW2 / ETW and NTW, this causes a lot of handling problems even it is quite more realistic

- let the romans use the maniple tactics... fighting first row will switch backward while second will carry the fight.

- let the romans use the march forward and fight tactics, fighting in formation while pushing forward using shields.

- i think also "barbarians and other factions" had some specials that you may implement in fighting.

- disable the public score board as it leds only to quitting hacking and dropping. also talked to my gf she confirms same problems with public scoreboards on Playstation 3 playing FIFA :) so it seems all humankind is bad loosers or overeagered *joke*

- do make the sieges as immersive as already said in singleplayer. that sounds really really great lads!

- give us more modding support - i know you are already on that way

- in this context make big community (mp) mods published (Steam Workshop) and let us see in battle list which mod is played instead of "incompatible" this also worked for your Barbarian Invasion if highlighting a game

- add walk / auto-run button in options so we finally can decide the style and not reveal our well ambushed units by false commits.

- let have us the choice of weather (effects) when using the matchmade battles

lets see what winter 2013 brings :) i still love your efforts you did on Rome 2 in the Singleplayer part. it is just impressive to read things!

iam excited what you all think about, feel free to post exclusively multiplayer ideas in this thread

btw: i was very sad to read that there will be no general speeches before a battle anymore. i hope this can be changed even it is a lot of effort to make them.

----

these are the ideas within this competition so far: (will kept updated)

rag dolls instead of current animation by Fulskit

fix unit skating and swinging, better elephants, include in cav jumps on attack Rome 1 like by titanzwh

Counter-Charge button if being attacked (makes sense as both would use their charge bonus to get extra kills) by TheVictornator

Free for all Mode needs to come Back by deivo95

Unit capping by clubbyninja89

bring back climate influence by maps / region by el Vlady

more dynamic weather and maps and influences to units by BuenaventuraDurruti

more motion captured scenes for routing units by iWarsaw

units with more initative by Alpha195

fully customizable (classic) battles even with money per team or player like MTW2 by Julius

Default Re: Another Rome 2 competition thread for Multiplayer only - best idea will be awarde

Make the game come up with fancy new created on the fly battlemaps instead of 30 predefined repetative shitty maps.

good idea sp4 will put that in

How about adding unit valor to in-battle tooltips?

Urban Cohort
    134 men
    4 valor
    Fresh; Marching

Even something that simple so that I don't have to count bloody flags!
    HOF Winner 2003 - Sig Maker

mm good idea thanks for that will repost it forums.totalwar.com.