Thread: Updating Shogun

Default Updating Shogun

I just got Shogun II and am really exited about it, but unfortunately both the Shogun and Shogun ted (whatever that is) are trying to download 25000 mb of stuff EACH. I only GET 25 gig per month of broadband. Is there any way for me to play them without dlding these updates?

Default Re: Updating Shogun

The good news is that there is only one download of a bit over 25gb. For some reason it shows as two separate downloads on steam but it's false - there is only one download happening even though there are two meters.

The bad news is that there is no way to play Shogun 2 without downloading the game.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Yeah, I had this problem, but I only had 5GB of net a month at the time. Took me nearly 4 months to update shogun after FOTS was released. I don't know of anyway to bypass it, I just had to wait it out.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Does anyone remember when you put the DVD in and played?

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdymidgetkid View Post

Ah the good old days, I fear they're probably gone forever now.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdymidgetkid View Post
    I remember when you put in several floppies to play and you had to change them mid play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

I ordered the dvd of FotS this morning due to boredom and a slight curiosity. I came on here to see how the land lay etc and glad I did.
    25gb is half my monthly download limit. Steam already cost me about £14.00 earlier this year when it downloaded, before I stopped it, 9gb of updates for Shogun2 that were mainly for FotS anyway - a game I had no intention of even buying at the time, and consequently have no intention of buying now after reading this. Cancelled.
    Thanks everyone, you've saved me a few quid and half my December download allowance.
    "St Juniper once said, 'By his loins shall ye know him and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.' The length of my rod is a mystery to all but the Queen, and a thousand Turkish whores, but the
    fruits of my loins are here for all to see. I have two sons, Henry and.... another one.
    Step forward, Harry, Prince of Wales."

( King Richard in Blackadder)