Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fix for resolution problems.

Default Re: Fix for resolution problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Alright, the link is up for the temporary hotfix for Redux and (the current) Sepheus-Fix... Making them get along... Umm... Be advised there will be a detail loss on the campmap due to the required smaller texture. As I said, this is a temporary solution....

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/101...003_hotfix-zip

- A
    Merry Christmas to all, God bless us, every one!

thanks axalon!

Huzzah! Can now play Redux with convenience, the loss of detail is indeed noticeable but hopefully Sepheus will achieve a full solution at some point
    Many thanks to you Axalon

I have been playing mods since Rome Total War, been writing posts on twcenter, and now I found a reason to registrate here just because of this solution - simple dll file which solved ALL of my problems wit MTW.

I play on the laptop, Windows 7, with geforce card - nice mess, isn't it? Now there are no freezes, slow downs, graphic glitches, I even play on full screen.

Sepheus - you did a work that belonged to owner of MTW. You should get 10% of every sold copy since 2008. Great job man.

Note to the administrator - you MUST sticky this solution, it's amazing.
    Last edited by laserg; 01-26-2013 at 11:59.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I second the post above, same issues for me - Windows 7, GeForce, no problems any more.

Excellent work Sepheus, thank you very much.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hi there after quite a long time...

Yesterday I've chatted with forum mate about TW series, and he said MTW works(with battles and all) on his gf8600gt. It was surprising for me, because last time I wanted to play on my 8600gts, battles didn't work(campaign with problems too) and I needed to change to 6600(and beat BKB on it, hell yeah).. Anyway, I just had to try it, so I installed Gold edition(that all-in-one 2.01) and... battles work. Then I installed also old 2cd + exp. cd "edition", it works also.
    Well I have no idea what made the change, maybe some newer nvidia drivers or system updates or smth installed with other games or whatever, but it just fix the problem. Right now I have 314.22 driver version(I don't update them right after new version is released, too lazy).
    I didn't need to add exception do ffdshow decoders as I had to before, generally I only added that buttons fix. I have XP Pro SP3 32bit and IIRC only change I made to system is edit boot.ini to increase address space of running proces from 2GB to 3GB(it's for not enough momory issues with games) and incresing virtual memomy.
    Generally - it's awesome.

Anyway, back to topic...
    This resolution fix let me to change "agp memomy"(whatever it is) to higher value and adds new resolution - 1600x1200, and game can't set it, probably because it's too big(I have 1680x1050 monitor)
    What should I do with first option? I can adjust it to 3990, or smth like that, left it with ~3300, game works ok.
    And what with resolution, is there a way to set it to 1680x1050?

Thanks for answers :)
    Last edited by huth; 05-12-2013 at 14:18.
    Sorry for my bad English.

MTW can handle only 4:3 resolutions. Maybe set the resolution to the first smaller than your max screen resolution? The best for you would be 1400x1050 but I doubt the new dll and the game allows it. What's he next smaller that your monitor can handle? Of course you'll have to check the "keep aspect ratio" option in nvidia drivers to keep the game unstretched.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Well in my game it's a bit strange, because there are 1280x1024 and 1280x960... (lower are 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864) and after that fix I can also choose 1600x1200 but game is saying that it's not certified, and smth else, generally I can set it.
    I will check that 'keep aspect ratio' then.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Welcome back, huth. Glad to see you can run the old lady once again.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Glad to see you can run the old lady once again.
    Yeah, this is really surprising and satisfying for me :P

This is great, hadn't played for years due to all the video problems on upgraded computers. Recently purchased the Gold Edition and found that it ran on my win-7 64 bit, nvidia 460 gtx machine. However, only Medieval would run with VI crashing. Plus I was limited to 800x600/640x480 campaign/battle options. Installed the ddraw.dll file from the link in the first post and now I have increased campaign/battlemap resolutions and VI now runs with out the campaign CTD. Love this game, may be my overall favorite of the TW series though I have spent a lot of time with all of them except the Shogun games.

Welcome to the Org, Borderbill62, happy we could help out.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Um... As I previously forgot to remind people/visitors here about the update/replacement I made earlier this year related to the S-Fix and Redux - I'll do so now. The details on all that can be found at…

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...fix-with-Redux

- A

Glad to find myself again walking these halls -- and equally glad to have time for some MTW action. I have a lot to report, and will be making some posts in the coming days...

My reason for posting now, however, is that I recently upgraded my old rig with a (slightly) better Nvidia card than my previous, and for the first time in my MTW career, I'm getting sporadic campaign map CTDs.
    I've changed the resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768 and turned off antialiasing, which used to work, but no change.

I understand that the "button fix" might be the answer to my problem, but I am a little leery about using it, as I read somewhere that it can cause instability issues later in the game. Hoping I can get the thoughts of the esteemed veterans around here.

EDIT: I should clarify that the CTD occurs after saving and reloading a game, and when clicking multiple times on provinces and the building and troop scrolls.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; 05-11-2015 at 15:18. Reason: Clarification

Button fix is for those up and down arrows that appears when you have over 16 buildings in a province and you need to scroll them. So, I'd say it's exactly what you need. It's just two files, nothing to worry about.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Member thankful for this post:

Good to hear from you again, Cyprian.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Button fix is for those up and down arrows that appears when you have over 16 buildings in a province and you need to scroll them. So, I'd say it's exactly what you need. It's just two files, nothing to worry about.
    Thanks for the tip, Stazi. Those arrows seem to work fine for me, but it's worth a shot. I will apply the fix and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks, drone. It's good to be back.

EDIT: Seems to have worked -- no crashes so far!
    Last edited by Cyprian2; 05-12-2015 at 14:36.

The button fix and Sepheus's fix as well work really well - so for any other MTW fans who have Windows 7, use both fixes.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hi. I have MTW Viking Invasion, win7 x64 and GTX 750.
    Sepheus's fix work, but map is cloudy. Armys and buildings look normal.
    Help me please.

Welcome to the Org, TamaziP.

When you say the map, is this the campaign map or the map during battles?

Thank you, I mean campaign map.
    s017.radikal.ru/i435/1505/ef/bbe0d97f6e4f.jpg
    In battles all is good.

All things considered, that actually doesn't look too bad. What resolution are you running with? The castles and army pieces look good, so it looks like you are using a resolution greater than what the map itself was made for.

Resolution is 1152x864. I made 2 PrintScreen that a difference it was visible better.
    First is from XP, second is Windows 7.

s020.radikal.ru/i707/1505/4e/5797cb30bc41.png
    i016.radikal.ru/1505/d2/f7f2c7506584.png

If I use a MsConfig 2560 memory method, all is good.
    But i have 8 GB memory and constantly it is inconveniently to switch.
    If long to play on the muddy card, eyes hurt a little.
    Maybe it is necessary to change something in settings of the videocard
    or is a newer, improved version of the ddraw.dll?
    Sorry for my bad english. :)

Tried it, but unfortunately doesn't work for me.

What happens is that half of the screen gets pushed up, and the new bottom is now just a black bar. Yet the original top half is pushed beyond the monitor, and I can still scroll my mouse to that part.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I should probably include a link.

Here is what it looks like, though the text and mouse are still there. https://twitter.com/ArsacesI/status/602678497488809984

Medieval works pretty awkwardly on 1152 x 864. No idea why, so try out 1024 x 768 and see how it works for you.

Proud

Been to:

Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue.

Here is a video of what is exactly happening to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCA...ature=youtu.be

Did you try out compatibility mode? See if it works on Windows 98 properly.

Proud

Been to:

Tried that, now the thing will not even launch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast