Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thy Kingdom Come - Crusades

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Thy Kingdom Come - Crusades

Thy Kingdom Come

Welcome orgahs to the latest hotseat for Kingdoms: The Crusades, patch 1.5.

This hotseat shall be played by up to six players, controlling the following factions.

1. Principality of Antioch - Beerbaron
    2. Kingdom of Jerusalem - Visorslash
    3. Republic of Venice - Rougeman
    4. Byzantine Empire - Elite Ferret
    5. Egypt - Myth
    6. Turks – Nightbringer

Because the Republic of Venice appears later in the game, that player will not begin play immediately. Additionally, the game master will move their starting forces onto ships in international waters, so they are not forced to simply fight the Byzantines. This will be done via console on their first turn, and they will then take control on the second.

The game master is Nightbringer.

The following rules shall be used.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Players shall post a link to the save game in the main game thread and also mention (by using the @Nightbringer command) the next player in line to alert them that it is their turn. The save game file should follow the naming convention hgamename-turn number-faction (eg. CrusadeGame-1-Antioch)

- Players have 48 hours to play each turn, with extensions granted at request. The GM will skip a players' turn if the deadline is missed with no communication and a sub allied to the player cannot be found.

- Battles between human-controlled factions may be either auto-resolved, or played on the battlemap, at the player’s discretion.

- Only one assassination or sabotage attempt may be made per turn, and it must be the first action on that turn.

- No spies may be used to open the gates of settlements or forts.

- Siege equipment may only be used to open gates as follows: Ballista can open nothing, Catapults can open wooden walls, Trebuchets can open stone walls.

- No crusades or jihads can be called or joined by a human player.

- No destroying buildings for cash under any circumstances.

- No fighting losing defensive battles on purpose in a besieged city, just to deny the invader the sacking option.

- If an army is beaten in battle by a faction that is after them in the turn order that army may not move on the following turn.

- An army which is beaten in battle may not be attacked on the following turn (because it is immobilized either by the game mechanic or by the rule above) by any faction unless it has retreated to a fort or settlement.

- No exploits, including (but not limited to): no merchant forts, no surround-and-destroy, no tribute deals that deliberately put you into debt greater than 10k, no deliberate diplomatic exchange of territories just to get a free garrison, no tribute deals with or monetary gifts to the Pope, no attacking ships in ports.

Any questions about the rules should be brought to the game master’s attention before taking action, and the game master will immediately make a public announcement to clarify the rules question. Players are encouraged to remember that this is a game, and to act accordingly.

Role play, diplomacy, and story writing are encouraged, but not required. Players should remember that in context (IC) deals are not enforced by the rules (eg., backstabbing is fine, although you may find it more difficult to make future alliances).

If a player is suspected of cheating, whether intentionally or not, this should be brought up to the game master, in private, only, not posted in the game thread. The game master shall investigate and resolve the matter as fairly as possible.
    If any player has a problem with the conduct of another player in the game, this too should be brought up privately to the game master who will attempt to resolve the dispute as fairly as possible.

If anyone has questions about the rules, or wishes to suggest modifications, please do so now. Please feel free to make faction selections now, as well as game name suggestions.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 04-07-2013 at 09:34.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Default Re: New Crusades Hotseat

never did one of those from the kingdoms disc anyways just took a sec on it and i can see this crusade campaign being fun. i ll decide on a faction tomorrow
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Unless all the people from the previous Crusades HS wanted to play again, I might give it a go to. Like Silver though, I still need to decide on a faction ^^

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I'm in but I'd like to check the starting conditions. Whomever starts with a catapult range has an advantage in lead battles. Also, this game has stone forts that cost 2500 gold so I'm not sure how we handle them and siege equipment.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Byzantines for me!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Glad to have you iggy! They're all yours.

Same goes for the Britannia game!
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 08-15-2012 at 10:55.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Glad to have you iggy! They're all yours.
    Glad to be back, NB. It's been too long since I've graced these halls...

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Venice for me please, i wish to go crusading!

Quote Originally Posted by Rougeman View Post
    Venice for me please, i wish to go crusading!
    You got it!

I am taking Egypt. May the infidels tremble before the might of Allah!

@Nightbringer please add rules for assassins in both games. I propose them being able to assasinate anything but one attempt per turn and it's the first thing the player does. Do we let catapults open forts?
    Last edited by Myth; 08-16-2012 at 00:02.

Alright, I'm going to try my hand at the turks this game.

I'm thinking no because of the very high cost of forts in this game (2500). They cost 5 times as much, and I think deserve to be hard to open.

If most people want, we can switch it to being that way.

I'll add in the assassination thing.
    Last edited by Myth; 08-16-2012 at 00:02.

gotta leave this one for the broken crescent game just too busy for more right now
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

Ill know in two weeks if i can participate or not xD
    Too unsure IRL atm to commit, and damn you all for taking the awesome factions!

Put me down for Antioch :)

Alright, we just need one more then we are good to go.

We need two more players for this game. Anyone interested?

Ill take a spot. PoA preferably, KoJ if not.

All yours, and welcome to the Throne Room!

We just need one more to get started!

FYI i'd be willing to switch Egypt for the PoA or KoJ if a prospective player insists on playing as Salahadin's men.

Alright give me KoJ. Let's do this Oddsworm.

Nice! I'm away from Friday evening until Sunday evening but I can't wait for a new game to start. Visor, will you be interested in playing in CoG!2? Try your luck versus Silver/NB maybe?

@BeerBaron, @Visorslash, @Rougeman, @Ignoramus, @Myth
    Looks like we are ready to go! I should get the first turn up today or most likely tomorrow!

Alright, the game is started. Good luck everyone!

Antioch is first up @BeerBaron.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10277

Also, now accepting ideas for the name of the game!

Defending the Faithful?

Since the Crusades (a modern term btw, they were not called such during their own time) were sparked by the need to defend Christian (mostly Orthodox) pilgrims in the Holy Lands from marauding bands of Turks, but then escalated into a large scale conflict and a back and forth war of capturing and re-capturing key cities. For all sides involved, they were defending their faithful, ERE included. OK well maybe the Turks and the Mongols aren't defending any faithful in particular, but there has to be someone to defend FROM, right?

Also, NB, I'll be away from the internet and my PC until Sunday so keep hold of my turn until then. Can you elaborate more on your game idea that will allow crusades and will be only Catholic factions? This sounds very cool and I'd love to play it either in SS 6.4, SS 7.0 or Dominion of the Sword (if it ever comes out).

We also need more players for CoG!2, EotE and Vikingetid...

Jerusalem up!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forgot to mention earlier, I won't have a CD till Monday, so Oddsworm (BeerBaron) has my permission to sub me. Apologies.

The league of Aussie Crusaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    The league of Aussie Crusaders?
    Well there are at least 3 of us.

Sorry guys, its been a hectic weekend for me.
    Ill post KoJ turn tommorow, or Visor can do it if he gets to it first.

was venice selected as playable when this started? @Nightbringer

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast