Thread: Warman

Default Warman

I received an email asking me "Go to the Watchtower and make a thread with the name "Warman". Ask them to unban me."

Since I have nothing against him - indeed I quite like him - I happily do so.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Warman

I was wondering when we'd hear from him again.

Do you know him from TW multiplayer or something? You're new here, but Warman has got quite the reputation here.

Well I am playing the 'Concert of Europe' whatever it is and he in nominally the Kaiser to my Metternich so we converse via email and sometimes msn. Not sure that's relevant but since I have nothing to hide I am happy to explain.

May I ask what his crime was? Is it judged so terrible that some leniency might not now be shown?
    Last edited by SoFarSoGood; 09-11-2012 at 11:46.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

He did a large number of bad things.

He was banned several times and never undertook the punishment silently or with dignity. He would just register an alt account to complain in the watchtower about how unfair the staff was. One time he used an alt account and sent a PM to another member where he called Tosa a mother*****. The other member, no fan of Warman, was not amused and he posted the content in the watchtower in what became one of its most epic threads. Other times he asked other members to put in a good word for him on his behalf, just like you're doing now.

Last time he was let back under the explicit promise that he'd behave himself for a change. He did not live up to his part of the bargain. I admit that Warman's conflicts with the staff and other members sometimes gave me a good laugh, but it's gotten old. He's been banned so often, passed up so many "new chances", that I personally don't see how he or anyone else could convince me that he's going to be a good boy from now on. The decision is for the staff to make, of course.

Is insulting someone an offence? I mean seriously we insult each other alot - although perhaps more politely than 'mother*****' etc.. I am quite sure we can all stand a little criticism from time to time... it's good for us in my opinion!

Thakyou for the explanation though. I hope I don't get shot for being the messenger lol.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

AFAIK, Warman's most recent addition to the indefinite-ban list is permanent, in the literal definition of that word. I am only a Tech Admin and do not have final say on such matters, but I would put the odds of Warman ever rejoining the Org at somewhere below the likelihood that a winged porcine would ascend to the heavens following a sudden emergence from mine own derriere.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Look I am not apologising for warman - hell I don't know what went happened. I think he's ok and even pretty decent but maybe that's just me. I am only messenger guy here so he has evidently seen this and I got this email:

"Tell them I was famed when I was banned and had no intentions of being banned. I was going to host a mafia game that month so yeah. Tell them I said they have no solid reason to keep me banned and tell them why did they ousted Barocca?"

I have no idea what this means so don't shoot me!

Quote Originally Posted by SoFarSoGood View Post
    Look I am not apologising for warman - hell I don't know what went happened. I think he's ok and even pretty decent but maybe that's just me. I am only messenger guy here so he has evidently seen this and I got this email:

"Tell them I was famed when I was banned and had no intentions of being banned. I was going to host a mafia game that month so yeah. Tell them I said they have no solid reason to keep me banned and tell them why did they ousted Barocca?"

I have no idea what this means so don't shoot me!
    Heh, don't worry about it. My comments were intended for our lurking friend, not you. He sends out the occasional messages to both members and staff every several months about this subject, though the ones he sends to the staff tend to be of the exceptionally rude and insulting variety. I have no idea why he chose to pick on you this time rather than us, but I'd consider yourself simply unlucky. You're welcome to continue relaying messages if you like, but it's honestly just a waste of your time.
    Last edited by TinCow; 09-11-2012 at 17:59.

I do not judge his past behavior - I know nothing of it. Nor do I seek to apologise for it. I merely comment on this: "One time he used an alt account and sent a PM to another member where he called Tosa a mother*****. The other member, no fan of Warman, was not amused and he posted the content in the watchtower in what became one of its most epic threads."

Ok so this guy wasn't a 'fan' of his (warmans) and he (warman) was using a fake account... Why pm someone who doesn't like him? Could this be related to "Tell them I was famed when I was banned"?

In my book if you can't handle being insulted - sometimes fairly and sometimes not - you belong in a real Monastery! It's part of the give and take of everyday interaction that we call 'society'.

I do not judge his past behavior - I know nothing of it. Nor do I seek to apologise for it. I merely comment on this: "One time he used an alt account and sent a PM to another member where he called Tosa a mother*****. The other member, no fan of Warman, was not amused and he posted the content in the watchtower in what became one of its most epic threads."

Ok so this guy wasn't a 'fan' of his (warmans) and he (warman) was using a fake account... Why pm someone who doesn't like him? Could this be related to "Tell them I was famed when I was banned"?

In my book if you can't handle being insulted - sometimes fairly and sometimes not - you belong in a real Monastery! It's part of the give and take of everyday interaction that we call 'society'.
    Please do not think that a Warman's ban has anything to do with a single PM being sent to anyone. A quick look at his account shows that he accumulated 35 warnings and infractions, many of them major, and most within a year and a half period after his first indefinite ban of a year. He is one of the worst-behaved members in the history of the Org, with infractions ranging from simple obscenity to significant plagiarism (including of a Chapter House Interactive History game) to active attempts to gain access to the account of an Admin. Take my word for it, never has a permanent ban been more justly deserved.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Where do I find 'warnings'? Just want to check my own account lol.

Where do I find 'warnings'? Just want to check my own account lol.
    The tab is in your profile, it's listed as "Infractions." For privacy reasons they are also not visible to other members, only staff, so you'll never see that tab anywhere but on your own profile.
    Last edited by TinCow; 09-12-2012 at 00:01.

Ty for that - appears I am clean! Yay!

Warman says (grr forgotten exact words)... ok verbatim: "Tell Tincow I said I am flattered he brought up how many warnings I had and tell him other members have much more."

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

LOLZ

When I first logged on the newest member was another Warman alt

Also, The man who started this thread, aka the latest incarnation of our Holocaust denier is most likely a warman alt.

COME AT ME BRO
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Warman's permanent ban was and continues to be completely justified. He's not going to be allowed back, ever.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

We let Warman's behaviour slide repeatedly in respect of Tosa, but it got to the point where we couldn't sit by and allow the community to be crapped on time and again by someone who just doesn't learn from his mistakes. I'm a bit too soft at times and tend to give more chances than someone deserves, but my leniency was stretched to the limit; Warman had far more chances than most, even before my time as a staff member, and it meant nothing to him.

The ban will never be reversed, it's pointless of Warman to continue asking for it to be. This subject is immensely tired and is overdue a nap, let's leave it that way.
    Last edited by Secura; 09-12-2012 at 09:28.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."