Thread: Europa Barbarorum with Original Rome:Total War Soundtrack?

Default Europa Barbarorum with Original Rome:Total War Soundtrack?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums but a veteran of RTW. Europa Barbarorum is the only mod i've ever had on the game, and i love it. It adds so much to the game, but there is one problem i have with it.

The replacement soundtrack. It's great in it's own right, but i miss the nostalgia of RTW's old soundtrack. Is there any way to add that back into the game without compromising Europa Barbaroum?

In the Saka steppe, leading his Yeuzhi Nobles into your ancestral homeland....and eating

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum with Original Rome:Total War Soundtrack?

bump^
    I am a Nomad steppe Kha-khan and have been since my first Parthia campaign in vanilla some years ago.
    from Brennus being the first entrant into the Nomad Screenshot contest.

Check out my Playtest of giving hoplite units the phalanx attribute!
    Saka Late Cataphract "Bodyguard Cavalry" Fix (Thanks to Brave Brave Sir Robin)

You can edit descr_sounds_music.txt, might have to move EB/Data/sounds/events.idx and EB/Data/sounds/events.dat out of the way afterwards
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I know this thread is almost 7 years old at this point but I wanted to share what worked for me because I couldn't find an answer on this topic anywhere else.

Taking Athenaios' advice, I just went to my Alexander folder (located at "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander" for me) and copy-pasted the descr_sounds_music.txt from "Rome Total War Alexander\data" into "Rome Total War Alexander\EB\Data". At least on my install, the "EB\Data\sounds" folder didn't have the "events.idx" or "events.dat", only the custom music files from the mod, so it seems like you don't have to worry about that. From what little testing I've done, it seems to work flawlessly, at least while playing as Rome.

Hope this helps out any other people trawling the net for really obscure technical problems.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum with Original Rome:Total War Soundtrack?

Thanks for the suggestion, and welcome to EB!