Thread: Opening up all factions on Gold

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Default Opening up all factions on Gold

Hey! Just having trouble opening up all campaigns through descr-strat.
    Ive done it before on regular RTW, but now im using the gold edition and it tells me i don't have permission to edit the files. Anyone got any thoughts? I love playing as Armenia, Spain and Thrace, and i don't want to get scammed out of their awesome campaigns because of stupid old gold edition.
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Opening up all factions on Gold

The problem is not the Gold edition but it's your system. If you have Windows 7 then you have to chance the permission group so that you could change the file.

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

What do you mean? Chance the permission group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

I had this once... I think I solved it by clicking on the file 'Properties' then change it from 'read only'.