Thread: Dare to dream, Getai!

Default Dare to dream, Getai!

This is my campaign with the Getai. I haven't seen anyone achieve the victory conditions, so I might just post the empire here. Campaign is on M/M, I usually do play like this because I like bribing FM from time to time so I can culturally enrich my factions with some foreigners.

Some addition details about it:

Just because I have achieved the victory conditions doesn't mean the campaing is over. I was thinking to start a AAR from the victory condition with the Getai in this campaing. The same season I achieved victory 230 I had the Egipt betray me - tho they did not attack me; we have no next to next city just an sea invasion is possible.

So where do the Getai stand at the moment? In the north east no real theat, save borders, lots of Eleutheroi to expand. Britain seems tempting to take with 2, 3 stacks, since it's easy to defend. I have an alliance with the Sweboz who are fighting the Aedui and Arveni at the moment, I'm in a war with the Romans who still have two cities. I did chose not to eliminate them so I won't get in a war with Carthage, whom is their enemy. Even so, earlier in the campaing the Romani and Epirus, worst enemies, no? Well they allied against me :D. I hope I can still keep Carthage neutral, else it will be messy. The Getai have a really bad navy, I can't compete with carthaginian war ships. Not even Egiptian ones.
    Anyway, what I was planning to do is fortify my borders, all stone walled cities, outposts, forts on the main roads and go take Alexandria and the surrounding with something like two stacks. That might hurt Egipt. This or obtain back the neutrality, which would be better for the time being since most of my offensive stacks are in north ( i have the borders well garrisoned, tho').
    Best expansion would be for me to get the western Mediterranean Sea, of course, but the Egipt.. they are the second factions in rankings and a prolong war with them being so far away would leave me in a way way bad shape. War will come, undoubtedly.

I will continue the campaing in the following days and say here what happens. Plus a few pictures.

TIP:Getai are REALLY fun to play with all the different tribes.

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Default Re: Dare to dream, Getai!

Will be keeping on eye on this one.
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Off topic: Well, meanwhile i started a new campaing with the Romani. Here I would like to get all the Getai (at least the Ordes) FM into the Roman Family. But, damn it is so easy with the Romans. I mean in 10 years I got Epirus to one last city (Serdike) got 3 cities from Carthage including the capital (now besieging the forth) and united Italy. + getting a Mollosus in my family.

One picture from the campaing here:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	romani.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	8045

On topic:
    I said war was coming. Well, indeed it came.

So, this is the map at the moment. What I explored and know of the world. Now I am moving my stacks to the Pella area
    and consolidate the borders.

Carthage took out my city in Africa and now besieged one city in Italy. My enemies are now Carthage Egipt the Romans
    Greek City states and my allies are the Sweboz and the Lusitans. No way I'm going to get a free stack available for
    Britan. Srry Uk.

Here is a nice song I found about the Getai. It has really nice lyrics, maybe I will write them down here in English tomorrow if I get the time. I hope it is ok to put the video :-s
    Last edited by Vlad-Tudor; 11-27-2012 at 01:19.

I hope is ok to post it on forum. Here is an savegame that I find pretty sick to continue. It involves the Getai.
    *version 1.2 just fixes and I added an export_buildings to get the Getai on par with the other factions*
    The savegame:jocdaciforum.rar
    The ... well it is pretty straight forward.export_descr_buildings.rar
    Last edited by Vlad-Tudor; 02-08-2013 at 15:53.

Nice empire you have there! I have many many starts with the Getai but never ever came close to your achivement. Bravo!

Unfortunately, I've lost the savegame for the after winning conditions, but did another one.
    Here it is:getai.7z, if anyone wants to continue. I made some prints screens and maybe will put them up later on.
    From here on, maybe an invasion to India. If Alexander could do it, why wouldn't Zalmolxis privy us of such a deed?
    Alexander crossed to India with an army of 100.000 people. Good for a Greek. We can do better.

But the Greeks are envious people.

War with them will be hard. They have the richest lands on the face of Earth. And plot towards the fall of the people of Kogaion. Together, united. They have learned the lesson from the Macedonians and Koinon Hellenon.

"Many a giant has tumbled to the afterlife, believing himself too big to fall." I remember the day. As vivid as yesterday. Zalmogedikos, sitting in the throne room in Buridava in front of the mighty council of the Ordes and Kostobos. He thought us much, pity his words have not reached the ears of Romans. Their republic is but history now, they have been pushed into the mountains, between the Arveni kindgom and the Epirote one.
    We cleaned Hellada of their armies, but others have snicked aboard ships to South Italy. In this they were smart, they escaped our Basileus but one day shall come, when they shall need to stay and fight.
    We cleaned Hellada of their armies, but others have snicked aboard ships to South Italy. In this they were smart, they escaped our Basileus but one day shall come, when they shall need to stay and fight.

Now our petty kingdom has grown bigger, the shape of a young empire. As young, Basileu should seek the experience of the elder. The empire is battered by war in the East, with our highest nobles under sieges by Greek peoples. Ungrateful people those Greeks. They were fighting each other, reckless ones. But we've united them under our kind rule. And now, yet other of their kind show their teeth to us, as Greeks always did. From Asia they come, attacking the pacified strait. We've tried to negotiate a ceasefire with them. As wise as the words of Zalmolxis, the words of our diplomats fell in the great courts of Asia. But they felt on hard, cold rock, as only deaf ears around. So today, we find us at war with all eastern greeks, minus the Ptolemaic kingdom. They've also felt the sword of their brothers led by the descendants of Seleukos. Ptolemaios was the wisest of Alexandros generals, will his sons keep to his standards? Should we trust them? Should we fight by their side, help them recover their capital, Alexandria?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	546.6 KB 
ID:	8904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	496.4 KB 
ID:	8905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	8906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	516.3 KB 
ID:	8907  
    Last edited by Vlad-Tudor; 03-29-2013 at 16:39. Reason: pictures not working

Quote Originally Posted by RawPower View Post
    Nice empire you have there! I have many many starts with the Getai but never ever came close to your achivement. Bravo!
    Well the Getai have one of the best unit variety in the game, only downside would be at one point you will need to go and have some Greek, Roman, Celtic units to fill garrisons. But then again, that is not game-braking. They have better units than the romans, just that they are more expansive. An heavy dacian phalanax, tarabostes/ktistai cavalary, dacian elite archers and thracian peltast army is unbeatible in efficiency ...and price. It's challenging as you go further away to keep bringing armies from Thrakia but nice to see Quart Hadast filled with this kind of army. You better try a M/M game with them, it should be funny.

Attached is a export building thingy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

206 BC
    Dizo per Tylis, Getai Historian notes:

"We admit, we are still at war with the Sweboz tribe, but we have diplomats trying to persuade them to peace.

The Greeks in our court have told us that Zamolxis has been to Alexandria and came back to our homeland with a treasure of knowledge. With almost all Thrakian tribes, Greek peoples to Bizantion under the rule of Basileus and the new Romanoi threat quelled in the west we had a bit of peace. Many tarabostes opposed going over the Great Sea, but the Basileus was committed to it.
    It was, of course, as previously stated a matter of getting closer to Zalmolxis, but it was a pragmatic fore-thinking decision. The tribes are used to war and if not kept with a common purpose banded together, they might go for searching individual goals. So we give them one:

A fertile new land

We had spies and diplomats on this lands for a long area, even from 270 BC, when we started trading with those far away Makedonians. We we're at ends with Makedonians at those times, but their star has dimmed -unfortunate for them, fortunate for us.

We we're quite surprised when Theodoros, an Makedonian by origin from the Ptolemaioi dinasty was quite eager to join us. Some might call it treason, but the fact was Pahlava was eating away huge parts of his lands and the strongest ones after them would be us. Your enemy's enemy is your friend. His aid was really welcomed in keeping his own people happy after the Basileus took over Alexandria.

Oroles, of Bessos tribe, Basileus, Pavel-Ter
    Komatai, we go to war.
    "

We are going forward to unknown lands for fame and glory, to make a name that will last forever for our people. Most important we are going to Alexandria, to all knowledge and wealth in the world and to the place where Zalmolxis was though wise things in the times of our forefathers.
    First battle on strange lands:

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

Wow, those are really stilish pictures
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.

Feels good!
    Last edited by Vlad-Tudor; 06-19-2013 at 06:11.