Thread: Spoils of Victory for EB 1.2

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default Spoils of Victory for EB 1.2

Introduction

Years ago I have created a minimod called "Spoils of Victory" that rewarded a general defeating a particularly large enemy army with money representing the spoils taken and also some traits, some temporary some permanent, depending on how he divided the spoils according to his intelligence and (un)selfishness. The minimod evolved from EB 0.81b to EB 1.1, but I have never got into making a new iteration for EB 1.2. That was done for me by |LZ3| who bundled my minimod into his mod pack. Now at last I have been prodded into doing my job properly and here it is:

http://ul.to/gx2kg6ic
    http://www.axifile.com/en/76C072D2AD

Description

Historically, a victory in big battle brought, besides its tactical or strategic effect, also a substantial financial gain for the victor. The fallen enemies could be stripped off armour and weapons, the camp with supply train and sometimes even war-chest of the defeated enemy could be captured...

This humble mini-mod tries to simulate that within the limitations of the RTW engine. Basically, after a large battle (say, more than 1200 soldiers on the loser's side) the victor gains a trait saying that enemy camp (and even treasury if the battle was really huge, like a full stack on the loser's side) was captured and his faction is than rewarded with some money (1000,- or 3000,- mnai) next turn. Depending on the general's personality, there is some probability that he might get some other traits, some permanent, but most only temporary. He might even use the captured enemy supplies to enhance his own supply situation...

NOTE: This mod is NOT save-game compatible, you will have to start a new campaign!!!

Installation:
    1.Backup the files
    - ...EB\Data\ export_descr_character_traits.txt
    - ...EB\Data\ export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt
    - ...EB\Data\text\ export_VnVs.txt
    - ...EB\Data\script\show_me\EBBS_SCRIPT.TXT

2.Unpack the archive into your ....EB\Data folder
    3.You will be asked whether you want to overwrite the above-mentioned files – select “YES”

Source code:

Because lots of people like to tweak their game to their own preferences or are using other minimods which might conflict with this one, you can also use the code for my minimod contained in the 7z archive bellow and copy-paste it into your respective modded files.

http://ul.to/vebt2tut
    http://www.axifile.com/en/DA5C484068

Final notice

The minimod was working well in its past versions. For this one, I have thoroughly reviewed the code, made a few corrections and done some (not much, because my real-life prevents me from playing much) testing. Everything should work just fine. I will be watching this thread and try to provide technical support if needed. I will also appreciate your feed-back: positive as well negative experiences with my minimod as well suggestions for further tweaking.

Have fun!
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 03-04-2013 at 10:09.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Spoils of Victory for EB 1.2

Thanks for the source code. Makes it easier to combine things.
    Last edited by moriluk; 02-08-2013 at 05:42. Reason: figured out answer to questions

Can someone upload the files again? The dl link doesn't seem to work.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I have just checked and while there is some problem with accessing Axifile at this moment, the "ul.to" links both work just fine. Just note that after choosing the "free dowload option" there is a 30 sec wait and then a "captcha". Otherwise it is OK.

hi marvin.
    I tried to download your minimod, but the links are not working.
    Nec sine Marsis nec contra Marsos triumphari posse
    (Appiano)