Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Total Warhammer?

Default Re: Total Warhammer?

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    It won't be 40K, CA only got the IP rights to the Warhammer FB universe.

It would be fun to replay the Siege of Praag, hopefully they get it right.
    Oh ok - Well that is a bummer - Either way I am excited and have been telling my friends about this upcoming announcement.

That said -

I am fairly new to Warhammer Fantasy - But I am no dummy and I know that this would be great place for modding! Especially if they get the magic system down and Integrate it some how into the Diplomacy system.

Unfortunately not Warhammer

Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra View Post
    Unfortunately not Warhammer

Linky
    Yeah - I am still disappointed that it is not Warhammer. That said - I look forward to getting my hands on Attila Total War :D

Cant say I am too excited for Attila either although I guess the improvements and refinements it will bring will be helpful to the series as a whole.

I really hope CA stick to the Totalwar formula for Warhammer, otherwise we could be looking at a missed opportunity.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Balance was always hard to come by in the WarHammer Fantasy Battles TT game from the 90's. Basically if you wanted to be awesome you chose chaos...PERIOD! lol But they refined it a lot and brought in new units because elf and dwarf and imperial players kept whinning about loosing, but in that universe evil/chaos is the king, it is far more powerful in scheme then the goody-goody gods and goddesses.

So for me (personally & aesthetically) a horde of chaos orta be hard as hell to resist if you were dumb enough to play as the Bretonians or whoever. The thing I want to see is the infighting between the various factions of chaos and not just a single faction labled "chaos". That would add the balance, because a chaos lord would need to consolidate the wastes of the barren north before invading the imperial lands. Or he would be slaughtered from the rear by a rival chaos faction if he tried to do it before his power was assured.

In the mean, the Imperials could ally with their traditional friends (loose term) and focus on repeling greenskin attacks and building up defenses to hault a horde of Khornates, for example. Or perish for being nearsighted and petty as they should.

But it would be totally stupid for chaos to march in happy and united when the chaos gods wage ceasless and eternal warfare in the warp.

You might disagree with me, but if you do, I urge you to read more of the literature on chaos before you get in a tizzy.

And for the lizard folk, there should be a real long technology tree that puts boats or ship of any kind at the very tail end of their development ability. That would mean they could spend time defending invasions and not raping the globe.

Tomb Kings, I'm not even mentioning them, they came along after the whinning was well in the open, so holy magic actually hurts them.

Conquers need to be different for the game as well, as no humans would settle in the crypt kingdoms, or the rotten places left over by goblins and orcs. They should just remain feral rebel lands once a leader is killed, but if you are like me, you'd like them to keep returning/respawning out of the blue in gameplay and give it another try. ;)
    Last edited by Kront the King; 12-22-2014 at 18:32. Reason: typo's

Member thankful for this post:

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kront the King View Post
    So for me (personally & aesthetically) a horde of chaos orta be hard as hell to resist if you were dumb enough to play as the Bretonians or whoever. The thing I want to see is the infighting between the various factions of chaos and not just a single faction labled "chaos". That would add the balance, because a chaos lord would need to consolidate the wastes of the barren north before invading the imperial lands. Or he would be slaughtered from the rear by a rival chaos faction if he tried to do it before his power was assured.

But it would be totally stupid for chaos to march in happy and united when the chaos gods wage ceasless and eternal warfare in the warp.
    A large issue that's going to create is that we may have a similar situation to R2TW if they tried to represent every damned(hah) tribe there. Perhaps 2-3 tribes per main god, and 4 undivided ones? God knows how they'll go about representing orcs. I've not played Atilla yet but they might want to implement their migration system into that to represent a Waaagh, slowing down only when you've taken huge losses/current leader has insufficient influence to keep the whole thing together.
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Hey guys this is my first ever post and I got a membership just so I could post this. So... First a bit about me... I recently got into total war, about a month ago, I bought medieval 2 and I am loving it. It is definitely in my top three ever games and I will shortly get the others (I can't wait!!!). I decided to get it because I am a long time massive fan of warhammer and I wanted to see what total war is like, I am very happy with it so far and I can't wait for total warhammer (great name TinCow). Now the reason for my post...

Whilst I am initially disappointed with the choice of armies (not a big fan of vampire counts) I believe that they have been well chosen. The vampire counts are from Sylvania which is geographically very close to the empire, so it's viable for the game. And there's no beast men, I love beast men. But anyways, and it is something I am hoping the creative assembly will eventually hear and that's why I'm writing this post so that they can hopefully see it and my idea so if anyone can get back to me on how I can contact them directly that would be great. My idea is that it would be great if when you chose an army ie dwarves you then had to choose from a series of special characters or heroes who would be your generals or your faction leader (or maybe you could have them all!!!) and that all of these characters had special abilities that would grant them certain traits or abilities in the game both world map and battlefield which would result in the need for different play styles. So... For example, you choose dwarves. You then have the choice of three different characters for your initial faction leader. For example, your choices are gotrek gurnisson, whose army would have lots of slayers, and would be a real pain in the ass for armies stacked with lots of monsters and big boys, a downside maybe they can be a little unruly but due to slayers having high morale they would be very hard to rout. Another choice might be malakai makaisson who despite also being a slayer is also an engineer and so he would have a highly mechanised army ie gyro copters and such as well as lots of artillery which the dwarves are great at. The third choice may be josef bugman who would a stealth orientated army due to his Rangers and his army might also have a bugman's xxxx skill which may increase morale but cause them to have hangovers, who knows.
    But these are just ideas and I would love feedback for this idea.
    If you guys like it I'll post other ideas for the other armies, thank you guys!

My 2 cents I'll be taking a pass on this one. Two disclaimers one being that I've never been a big warhammer fan and two I do realize that this is just a game but this just screams silly to me. I mean apparently there's vampires in this game...F'ing vampires. The fact that discussion around totalwar will now and the foreseeable future will be about how vampires shouldn't be able to take down zombies riding on giant rats is depressing. Again just my 2 cents.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sassbarman View Post
    My 2 cents I'll be taking a pass on this one. Two disclaimers one being that I've never been a big warhammer fan and two I do realize that this is just a game but this just screams silly to me. I mean apparently there's vampires in this game...F'ing vampires. The fact that discussion around totalwar will now and the foreseeable future will be about how vampires shouldn't be able to take down zombies riding on giant rats is depressing. Again just my 2 cents.
    Well they have said repeatedly that the team working on the Warhammer game is different than the team working on the other TW games. They have mentioned that there are more historical TW games in the future so I wouldnt be too concerned. In fact I would suspect a new announcement for another TW game probably around the time that Warhammer is released.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Well they have said repeatedly that the team working on the Warhammer game is different than the team working on the other TW games. They have mentioned that there are more historical TW games in the future so I wouldnt be too concerned. In fact I would suspect a new announcement for another TW game probably around the time that Warhammer is released.
    Thanks for the heads up. Hope your right.

For me it's the other way around. I started out with the Warhammer Tabletop and when I first saw Shogun the similarities drew me to the Total War series. Playing with the figurines was nice, but I always wanted the immersivness that a pc game could offer for Warhammer. So in a sense Warhammer Total War is a dream come true for me.

That being said, I do hope that we will also get to see the next historical Total War pretty soon. Fighting it out with Dwarves and Goblins will be nice for a change, but it should not be the sole future of Total War.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

I dont even think we've seen the end of Attila let alone their historical basis. I for one welcome their jump into fantasy and I hope they will goto LOTR-verse one day. (a fanboi can dream right?)
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituralde View Post
    For me it's the other way around. I started out with the Warhammer Tabletop and when I first saw Shogun the similarities drew me to the Total War series. Playing with the figurines was nice, but I always wanted the immersivness that a pc game could offer for Warhammer. So in a sense Warhammer Total War is a dream come true for me.

That being said, I do hope that we will also get to see the next historical Total War pretty soon. Fighting it out with Dwarves and Goblins will be nice for a change, but it should not be the sole future of Total War.
    Fair enough. Maybe the gameplay will be different and breathe some fresh air into the series. However at the risk of sounding like a cinic; because they have not created a new engine for Warhammer I feel it will be more of the same with vampires and goblins replacing Greeks and Romans. I'll definitely have to wait for player reviews before jumping in this time.
    Last edited by sassbarman; 10-05-2015 at 18:04.

I was hooked to Warhammer Online for quite some time. Might try this one, just out of nostalgia!? Not really my style thou.

The prospect of a Warhammer-themed Total War game was met with mixed reactions among the gaming community. Some were excited about the potential for a fresh and fantastical strategy setting, breaking away from the historical roots of the series. The Warhammer universe, with its rich lore and diverse factions, offered intriguing possibilities for epic battles and strategic depth.

On the other hand, there were concerns about whether the Total War formula would seamlessly translate into a fantasy setting. The historical accuracy and authenticity that many players valued in previous titles might be compromised in a world of magic, mythical creatures, and fantastical races.

The notion of "Total Warhammer" became a tongue-in-cheek placeholder name for the rumored game, reflecting the combination of Total War and Warhammer. It captured the imagination of fans, serving as both a humorous nod to the potential collaboration and a way to express excitement or skepticism.

As events unfolded, it was revealed that Creative Assembly was indeed working on a Total War: Warhammer trilogy, beginning with Total War: Warhammer in 2016. The game series garnered attention for its fusion of fantasy elements with the iconic Total War gameplay, offering a fresh experience for both Warhammer and Total War enthusiasts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234