Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preview: The Areuakoi

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Default Re: Preview: The Areuakoi

Awesome, awesome preview! Loving the pics of the new settlements, looks like taking that gate with javelin men on the walls will be extremely costly.

I really wish I knew more about programming so that I could help but the traits files and such always escaped my understanding.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Everything is working correctly now. Great job, it's a very interesting and enjoyable preview. I'm wondering whether some resources will have some special effects like making various types of buildings/units cheaper or providing bonuses to happiness?

I'm not really familiar with habits and savoir vivre of modding community so forgive me my question, but is it possible to post this message (about needing programmers) on various forums of M:TW 2 mods'? It will not be stealing the programmers but just looking for volunteers, in my opinion.

Oh, and the preview is breathtaking, as usually :)
    My girlfriend plays EB (plus she is hottie). I won the universe.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

If they will allow us then we will advertise on their forums. We are already in discussion about collaboration with members from Broken Crescent and Invasio Barbarorum II and will hopefully be getting some help from Roma Surrectum II if all goes well.

The resources Mini Preview has been expanded a little now. To be honest, as we have stated, it wasn't finished when we released the preview. So it is worth checking the Resources Mini Preview every now and again as we will continue to expand it bit by bit.

Glad everyone likes the (now working) preview! As we have said before, we have a very loyal and dedicated fan base so we wouldn't do these things if you guys didn't exist. Thanks for all the support!
    @Cybvep This is something we will need to discuss in the future, for the moment we need to focus on getting the campaign script finished. But an interesting suggestion nonetheless.

And if anyone knows any programmers or scripters please point them in our direction.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Didn't investigate too much, but so far I spotted no nuragic province (sigh) a new one in Illyria (fingers crossed for a new faction there :P), another good entry is a settlement north of the Crimea, bit of leg room for the Spartokidai, so they don't have to attack the Sauromatae from the start :)

I seriously have no words, guys. I thought this to never happen in this mod, and what it is more the work is outstanding and well researched as far as I am seeing. Good, brilliant job Brennus!.

Long time I dont visit this forum and I came to see this lol.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

WOW, everything really looks like it is coming together!
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

SWEEEEEEEEEEETT

great update.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

The depth and breadth of these previews always astounds....congratulations and thanks

BTW I'm very happy that you decided to tackle the problem of settlements models early on, i.e. before the first release. Medieval cities are potentially the biggest immersion-breaker that could happen in the mod.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Been away for a bit and this is a very much appreciated sight to greet me. I am a little shocked at the sheer amount of update material. A new faction, unit previews, town previews, campaign map stuff....wow. I've only skimmed through it so far but will go back and read through properly after this.

I just want to say this is a very nice body of work. I can understand why it has taken quite so long to produce now. Very well done brennus (and other contributing authors).
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

I wish I could help, but I don't know any programmers =/. All I can say is this looks fantastic and keep up the good work. I'm sure many of us will wait years (if that's what it takes) to play this mod. Please keep with it!

Guys, somebody should update the thread containing all previews. It's outdated... Also, many pictures in the old thread don't work for some reason. You should use Dropbox or sth in order to keep the files in a "safe" place.

omg this is massive, it's going to take some time to read all that *strugles*

also: the celtiberians are in, massive surprise! ... not ;)
    Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke,
    Daß wir unsrer Väter wert,
    fest in Eintracht und in Friede
    bauen unseres Glückes Herd;
    Daß der Freund da Hilfe finde,
    Wehrhaft uns der Gegner schau,
    Wo die Rauten-Banner wehen,
    Unsre Farben – Weiß und Blau!

wow! amazing preview guys, good job!

Ah, so when I was snooping around in Tux's imageshack profile it looks like I discovered the new faction after all

Great preview I can't wait for the mod to come out.

Somewhere about 4,4 metres below NAP (Amsterdam Ordnance Datum).

Wow, a most stunning preview. This will take some time to read everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuvi View Post
    Ah, so when I was snooping around in Tux's imageshack profile it looks like I discovered the new faction after all

Great preview I can't wait for the mod to come out.
    Haha, yeah but I turned it around to now ruin this surprise, right?:P

beautiful, wonderful, magnificent great job guys! keep it alive and good luck recruiting
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Amazing preview! The amount of historical research involved is incredible! I tip my hat to the EB team, and in particular to Brennus, for unveiling such a marvelous preview. Having grown up in Spain, I can really appreciate the attention to detail that the Areuakoi and Iberians have received. Thank you guys so much for the hard work.

Can't wait for the release!

I greatly appreciate all of the time and effort you all have given to this project. It really looks wonderful. I regretfully dont know any programmers. Have you guys tried to raise money via kickstarter (or similar programs) to pay for programmers? The people who give x amount could have their picture incorporated into a factions family tree or some other incentive. I dont know how you guys feel about actually paying people for helping though.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tochata View Post
    Have you guys tried to raise money via kickstarter (or similar programs) to pay for programmers? The people who give x amount could have their picture incorporated into a factions family tree or some other incentive. I dont know how you guys feel about actually paying people for helping though.
    I doubt raising money via kickstarter for the mod would be legal. Getting some donations for the homepage might be grey area (translation?), but donations to pay people working on the mod would be a violation of Sega's rights.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Awesome! I love that you are making new battlemap settlements! Those are going to add tons of immersion to the game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have to say that I have only good things to say about this mod, and not just on the principle that those working on it do so in their own time and for free, but also because it is a masterpiece in the making. Brennus, and the team, you have done yourselves proud with another in-depth, beautiful and incredible faction preview. I am awed by the scope of it all. I wish I was any good as a programmer, but I am not. Kudos, and a big thank you.

I face the risk of repeating myself over and over again but.... you guys are amazing! Excellent preview!
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Member Member Leon the Batavian's Avatar

This is Art! Beautifull!

hmmm one week and just 2 pages*??!?! Activity around here is really running low :O

*and this preview is more extensive(and awesome) than many previous ones.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Well, even though there are only two pages of replies, the preview has only been out a week, and there are over 3500 views, so its not entirely dead. But still, I hope more people come here and see all the great work that has been put into this!

Well, even though there are only two pages of replies, the preview has only been out a week, and there are over 3500 views, so its not entirely dead. But still, I hope more people come here and see all the great work that has been put into this!
    I checked the Takshila preview and the first post on the thrid page actually is from the day after the preview, so there certainly is a drop in activity. I'm not sayn it's dead, god no!, just that less people post on the forum. If it were dead, we'd both know it :D

And before I sound too negative, I'd like to repeat: THIS IS SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! Good job guys!
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

The depth of this mod always amazes me. It will be so colourful and diversified when it comes out. Every faction and region gets so much tweaks and extra content. Keep up the excellent work EB Team!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast