Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preview: The Areuakoi

Default Re: Preview: The Areuakoi

good god how long reading only the resources part did take me (and then, not even all resources have been compleded), this preview is beyond anything imaginable in scope....
    Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke,
    Daß wir unsrer Väter wert,
    fest in Eintracht und in Friede
    bauen unseres Glückes Herd;
    Daß der Freund da Hilfe finde,
    Wehrhaft uns der Gegner schau,
    Wo die Rauten-Banner wehen,
    Unsre Farben – Weiß und Blau!

Member thankful for this post:

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

I didn't want to comment on the preview before I found the time to actually read it but I can only affirm how great it is, anyway. Reading such a great preview always makes it more painful to wait for the release, though. Sadly, my programming capabilities aren't enough to help you, either.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Fantastic preview as always. Especially the battle map part! really excited about the progress there!

I am afraid that most of the great models will suffer horibbly though. Being stabbed and conquered is usually not good for them :(
    "It is better to die as a roman than to live as a barbarian"
    "He who gives everything for Rome, can still give his life"
    "Through the enslaving, expelling, occupying or bribing of our enemies. We prevail."
    (Stolen blatantly from the "Dawn of war" Games!)

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Great preview. Though I'm wondering, is it possible for you to provide the Trade Route maps with increased resolution, please?
    BLARGH!

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Great preview. Though I'm wondering, is it possible for you to provide the Trade Route maps with increased resolution, please?
    Haithabas finished the maps so I will ask him.

Once again everyone thanks for supporting us, its the comments you leave which make producing these previews worthwhile. I am also pleased to say that our appeal has attracted a few programmers and scripters. We can always use more though!

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Absolutely amazing preview! I was blown away by volume of content. I absolutely freakin' love the settlement design! Looks like gates will be death gauntlets instead of weak points, which makes a lot of sense.

About the map, I assume it's still a work in progress, but I'll make some observations for anyone who's interested:
    1) Looks like Corsica and Sardinia are still two separate provinces. I thought they were going to be combined into one?
    2) Best I can tell, there's still the same number of provinces in the Iberian peninsula as before (11, counting Emporion). I figured there would be 12 or more since a few provinces were freed up. In particular, the preview seemed to suggest that the Vettones would represent a distinct province, but it doesn't look like that's the case.
    3) This is mainly a response to Arjos, who observed an added province in Illyria: I don't see it. If anything, the wider Pannonia region seems to be missing a settlement. Hard for me to tell without the familiar geographical features.
    4) Looks like there's one less settlement in the Alps (Helvetis, I think). I was kind of hoping there might be a new faction in there, but it doesn't seem likely.
    5) The Indus delta now has two settlements, which I really like. I figure that entire area of the map was probably far more populated than EB1's map would suggest.
    6) Northwest Africa has an additional port now. The Carthaginian corner seems to have 3 settlements now instead of 2. There may be as many as 3 landlocked regions which could be considered Numidian.
    7) The Scandinavian island of Gotland no longer constitutes a province. Skandza's port is now at modern day Oslo. Jutland's settlement has been moved, but there's no visible port??
    Last edited by B-Wing; 12-15-2012 at 21:27.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    3) This is mainly a response to Arjos, who observed an added province in Illyria: I don't see it. If anything, the wider Pannonia region seems to be missing a settlement. Hard for me to tell without the familiar geographical features.
    You are right, forgot that Epirus, started with Epidamnos in EB :P
    So still 3 regions...

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    4) Looks like there's one less settlement in the Alps (Helvetis, I think). I was kind of hoping there might be a new faction in there, but it doesn't seem likely.
    By the Lugiones preview, if memory serves, the Helveconas didn't migrate there yet, as of the EB's start date. So that should be even more accurate...
    Last edited by Arjos; 12-16-2012 at 01:42.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    hmmm one week and just 2 pages*??!?! Activity around here is really running low :O

*and this preview is more extensive(and awesome) than many previous ones.
    That's what happens when there are months between previews in a mod that has been ongoing for 4 years on a game that is even older than that. People will drift off via natural attrition and not many are likely to join during the development phase. Activity would pick up again were the mod ever released or if there were a big slew of updates released. Until then this is likely the activity we will see.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Many thanks for this excellent preview!!

That's what happens when there are months between previews in a mod that has been ongoing for 4 years on a game that is even older than that. People will drift off via natural attrition and not many are likely to join during the development phase. Activity would pick up again were the mod ever released or if there were a big slew of updates released. Until then this is likely the activity we will see.
    yeah, I know, I was just a bit sad to see it. Once the team releases a working version there will surely be much more activity.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    yeah, I know, I was just a bit sad to see it. Once the team releases a working version there will surely be much more activity.
    Don't lose hope Ca Putt, you might be surprised by how many are waiting for this modification and who just sit in the shadows without posting. I decided to register an account tonight to tell you that fact.

I for one, have been lurking these halls for 3 and a half years now, logging on every day for any little morsel of information that gets put out and I'm always thoroughly impressed, the team has nothing but my admiration and respect. As always, echoing everyone else's thoughts: Its well worth the wait.

Members thankful for this post (8):

+ Show/Hide List

Bannath sums it up very well and I fully support his sentiment....and also don't underestimate the domino effect of awareness/interest once this undertaking is released.

I'm another person that never posts; but I've been waiting for years for this thing to come out. I have, recently, not been around too much to check on you guys because it has been a very long time.

I hope the team finishes one day.....I'd like to play it. Good Luck!!! We're out there waiting.....

I KNEW IT MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (ok end evil laughter ) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NOW CAN WE GET A pdf please bitte por favor prego some of us who want to read it all will need more time and pdf or some other presentation method might help us take our time to enjoy it properly

ok i finished reading it finally :X

amazing work as always gotta say i wuv the trading networks part altough the maps should be bigger

i´m still uneasy about the inability to control populations in regions with over recruiting but if you tune up the growth ratio it should work fine and not be a bothersome issue in the future

as for people saying stuff about regions as far as i recall and correct me if i´m wrong but regions will be sub divided with the permanent stone forts (another peble on my strategy of fortyfing river passes) so sardinia and corsica can still be one single region with 3/5 setlements to conquer altough parts of it will be part of the eresmus wich will be unconquerable
    as i said correct me if i´m wrong

congrats to all the team members and maybe a testing beta launch with the current factions something like before the rise of rome western europe launch could spark the interest in the game and with the new teutonic election sistem family trees shouldn´t be much of an hassle (i´m the guy who wants a total war version for the steppe warfare and a real politik total war around the peloponesian wars so yeao not that surprising i know )

just putting my 2 cents into the cauldron to increase activity and interest in the future of the mod

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Bravo!

Bellisimo!

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by moonburn View Post
    regions will be sub divided with the permanent stone forts
    Excellent point, regions are going to be far more complex! Still thinking about it in EB terms and not EBII's lol

Excellent, extensive work!!! Up to the EB standard, as always! Many thanks!

a) I think this: "Wouldn't hurt to trim this sentence down." should have been deleted from the unit description of the bodyguard cavalry.

b) What does the inscription on the sacred mountain mean? Has it been deciphered?

Loved all the detailed info, archaeological and linguistic... Watching the EB project unfold, has caused me to need a certain level of scientific approach to the history I read... Then again I guess that apart from it being only natural, I am only living up to the expectations of the EB license agreement.

Can't wait to play the Areuakoi.
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Haithabas finished the maps so I will ask him.
    I'd (And surely hundreds if not thousands more) appreciate that Brennus. ;)
    BLARGH!

Awesome preview is awesome...

I really hope you guys succed at creating a playable version of EB II... I tried many TW games and my mods since EB, but i could play any of them since i was spoiled so badly by EB...

I really hope EB II comes out, so i can become a hermit again.
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Member Member Leon the Batavian's Avatar

Yes while playing other Total War games with their newer graphics and cool time periods (ships and cannons) I always kept this feeling deep down wanting these games to be EB II.

Ancient times is .... special.

Nice work guys
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Sorry for the delay guy, I will try and post a more his version of the trade maps tomorrow.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Moros 

Great preview! I haven't been logged in here for almost 2 years, but I'm really glad this project is still going. Looking forward to play EB2 some day!

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Bannath View Post
    Don't lose hope Ca Putt, you might be surprised by how many are waiting for this modification and who just sit in the shadows without posting. I decided to register an account tonight to tell you that fact.
    This. I for example almost don't play videogames anymore but still check EB twitter and forums almost daily, despite not logging in and posting for a long time. But i gess I've been selfish, you guys need love to keep yourselfs motivated.

Another iberian faction as always been one of my greatest wishes for EB 2 and I could'nt be more happy about the wondrous results! And having such astonishing settlements and trade resources will surely take both the battle and the campaign modes to a unmatched degree of immersion.

Looks great, thanks!

The first faction I play will be this. Awesome work EB 2 team i know your mod will be just as great if not even better than EB 1.1 (thanks to medieval 2 engine) and of course your hard work. I want this mod really bad just to have those loyal body guards. But it is not my hard work being put into the mod so again thank you for the preview cant wait untill release or next preview. Di bello mundi is what im playing now and it's fun but the unit variety nowhere near EB's roster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123