Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDU Rebalance Mod

Default Re: EDU Rebalance Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Seer7 View Post
    Unlimited ammo? Definitely not something I intended. I'll check up on that.

On a similar note, I found some time to play through a few decades of a campaign recently, and I noticed that ranged units are rather sparse. I'm going to assume that's because of my third patch, since I don't remember it being this way in the past. I'll keep playing, but I'll tentatively recommend people only use Patch 3 for multiplayer/custom battles, in case it is affecting how much the AI trains them.

Edit: I've looked up the unit in both EDUs and tested the unit in a custom battle. Both entries in both EDUs list their ammo as 2, and my custom battle test reflected this. I'm assuming this is occurring in a campaign? In any case, it shouldn't be happening and I'm fairly confident I haven't made a mistake (this time!), so I'm perplexed. I suggest copying over this line from the multiplayer EDU into your single player EDU:

Code:
    stat_pri         6, 10, pilum, 36.8, 2, thrown, blade, piercing, spear, 15 ,1
    The unit entry is 'iberian_infantry_dorkei_hatkafa_ibeerim', just use the find function. It's strange, but worked for patch two so why not this?

Also, I'll take the time to note here that, contrary to my opening post, some units with the 'prec' attribute have more than two javelins. One of the few examples is the Goidilic Laecha (Cladaca?), which use shorter 'darts' rather than javelins. I'm also considering raising the (average) number of javelins used by skirmishing units to three rather than two. This would still be half of what they were assigned before, but after playing a campaign I feel that two might be just a little harsh. I'm sure it's not beyond the realm of historical possibility. I'm not sure when I would get around this, but it's a possibility.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll slap on some images from my Makedonia campaign. I'm taking screenshots of the world every ten years to see how the AI factions evolve. The last image is from a battle against Seleukid forces.

Attachment 11163Attachment 11164Attachment 11165Attachment 11166Attachment 11167
    Strange yes I am playing a campaign with the same values. Maybe I am misunderstanding the game correctly. They throw twice and then attack. They then do the same to the next attacked unit. Is this how it works? Twice yes but unlimited.

I doubt you're misunderstanding the game. They're supposed to run out of ammo, after all. Do you get the same results in a custom battle? Also, did you try what I suggested with any success?

If not, you can try copying the entire unit entry from the multiplayer EDU into the singleplayer EDU - this is what solved past issues, so perhaps it might work where changing only a single line will not. Their ownership is the same so there's no need to worry about losing them mid-campaign. If that doesn't work I'm mystified, because I have no idea how to give a unit unlimited ammo beyond editing the user 'preferences' file (the 'LIMITED_AMMO' entry), which I assume you haven't done?

I doubt you're misunderstanding the game. They're supposed to run out of ammo, after all. Do you get the same results in a custom battle? Also, did you try what I suggested with any success?

If not, you can try copying the entire unit entry from the multiplayer EDU into the singleplayer EDU - this is what solved past issues, so perhaps it might work where changing only a single line will not. Their ownership is the same so there's no need to worry about losing them mid-campaign. If that doesn't work I'm mystified, because I have no idea how to give a unit unlimited ammo beyond editing the user 'preferences' file (the 'LIMITED_AMMO' entry), which I assume you haven't done?
    Tried the multiplayer EDU and still the same thing :( So strange I have no idea why its not working for me? I checked the preferences file and limited ammo is true so not that either...

Sorry to hear that auboy, but I'm out of ideas. Must be a very weird bug. Since it's just one unit I hope it doesn't ruin everything for you. I'll start up a Karthasdastim campaign and see if it's unique to you or not in the near future.

So I downloaded what I think is the right file for Jirysis' Mega Mod Pack 1.2 for RTW (the one named "EDU Rebalance Mod for Jirisys' Mod (RTW).rar"), but I've been getting this error when I start up EB:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.PNG 
Views:	232 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	11226
    I'm sure I followed the right instructions. Could I be missing something? Maybe there's a module I didn't install like the cohorts thing?

Sorry for the late reply, putoconcarne! You might have forgotten to copy over either the multiplayer or singleplayer EDU to your EB/Data folder, that's my guess at least. So just doublecheck you did that and, if not, I'll investigate further.

Hi, Seer7! I hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy :)

I just downloaded the mod and wanted to say it's great. I'm really impressed with the way you've rebuilt the EDU, in particular with the systematic armour system. EB is probably one of my favourite mods of all time due to its focus on historical accuracy (which makes it hugely immersive and a total joy to play), so something like this that makes units' stats consistent with their equipment, training, etc. in an ordered way is a huge plus for me. I'm really enjoying it so far; a touch of extra authenticity really goes a long way.

huge props!

Member thankful for this post:

Seer7 

Thanks for the kind words Baharr. I still check on the thread every now and then, and the way I see it: no posts, no problems.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EDU Rebalance Mod

Thanks for the kind words Baharr. I still check on the thread every now and then, and the way I see it: no posts, no problems.
    Your diligence is appreciated.

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12