Quote Originally Posted by Seer7 View Post
Unlimited ammo? Definitely not something I intended. I'll check up on that.

On a similar note, I found some time to play through a few decades of a campaign recently, and I noticed that ranged units are rather sparse. I'm going to assume that's because of my third patch, since I don't remember it being this way in the past. I'll keep playing, but I'll tentatively recommend people only use Patch 3 for multiplayer/custom battles, in case it is affecting how much the AI trains them.

Edit: I've looked up the unit in both EDUs and tested the unit in a custom battle. Both entries in both EDUs list their ammo as 2, and my custom battle test reflected this. I'm assuming this is occurring in a campaign? In any case, it shouldn't be happening and I'm fairly confident I haven't made a mistake (this time!), so I'm perplexed. I suggest copying over this line from the multiplayer EDU into your single player EDU:

Code:
stat_pri         6, 10, pilum, 36.8, 2, thrown, blade, piercing, spear, 15 ,1
The unit entry is 'iberian_infantry_dorkei_hatkafa_ibeerim', just use the find function. It's strange, but worked for patch two so why not this?

Also, I'll take the time to note here that, contrary to my opening post, some units with the 'prec' attribute have more than two javelins. One of the few examples is the Goidilic Laecha (Cladaca?), which use shorter 'darts' rather than javelins. I'm also considering raising the (average) number of javelins used by skirmishing units to three rather than two. This would still be half of what they were assigned before, but after playing a campaign I feel that two might be just a little harsh. I'm sure it's not beyond the realm of historical possibility. I'm not sure when I would get around this, but it's a possibility.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'll slap on some images from my Makedonia campaign. I'm taking screenshots of the world every ten years to see how the AI factions evolve. The last image is from a battle against Seleukid forces.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	262bce.PNG 
Views:	498 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	11163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	252bce.PNG 
Views:	514 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	11164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	242bce.PNG 
Views:	451 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	11165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	232bce.PNG 
Views:	473 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	11166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lydia, 241BCE.PNG 
Views:	517 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	11167
Strange yes I am playing a campaign with the same values. Maybe I am misunderstanding the game correctly. They throw twice and then attack. They then do the same to the next attacked unit. Is this how it works? Twice yes but unlimited.