Thread: Ability to Recruit Allied Generals Missing

Default Ability to Recruit Allied Generals Missing

Hello folks. I have suddenly lost the ability to recruit allied generals/client rulers in any of my controlled territories with type IV govs in my current KH campaign (date ~232). This problem has only developed on my desktop install, when I transfer my game saves over to my laptop install everything works like it should.

My questions; which file governs this ability, 'export_descr_buildings.txt'? Is there something specific in there that may have become corrupt that could suddenly preclude my type IV govs from recruiting these units? I looked at the entry for the "gov4" resource and I can't see anything obvious, but there's an awful lot of text in there and things are easy to miss. I read through ~90 lines just for "hellenistic general lonchophoroi".

This is one of the entries: recruit "hellenistic general lonchophoroi" 0 requires factions { gauls, scythia, romans_brutii, britons, dacia, thrace, romans_scipii, spain, greek_cities, macedon, parthia, carthage, numidia, egypt, seleucid, pontus, armenia, romans_julii, germans, saba, } and hidden_resource EA and hidden_resource C and hidden_resource n1 and hidden_resource n2 and hidden_resource y4 and hidden_resource n8

Should that '0' be a '1' after the unit name, for instance? They're all like this.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could please help me troubleshoot this problem before I have to start considering a reinstall. The game has worked flawlessly for me up 'til now. Unfortunately I can't simply take the EDBT file from my laptop and replace it with the suspect one cuz I recently replaced the drive in my laptop that contained my EB installation

Thanks for your time!

Default Re: Ability to Recruit Allied Generals Missing

Well after some more investigation I finally figured the problem out. Inside the 'export_descr_unit.txt' file all the entries under "EB Recruitable General" had their ownership switched to 'slave' only! Don't know how this happened, cuz I certainly didn't do it. Maybe a bug of some kind? Anyway, luckily I had a backup of the original EDU so everything is back to working order.

In the event someone else ever runs into this problem hopefully this solution will help.