Thread: Makedonia building Huge City in Italy

Default Makedonia building Huge City in Italy

I am currently playing as Makedonia and it is about 182 BC. I am trying to cheat my way to the reforms but I can't seem to activate it. I have tried to cheat in a way by conquering Capua and using the console to add population. I want to build a Huge City in Capua myself then give it back to the Romans. The problem is that I cant build any upgraded "City Center", i have added 30,000 population to Capua but still i cant upgrade the city to huge for the building do not show up.

Any advise on how to make these damn reforms happen? I have tried giving romans population and money and using process_cq but still no avail. Please help. Thanks.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Makedonia building Huge City in Italy

I'm not sure, but it could be that the largest government palace requires an upgraded market.

If you are playing with the City mod, I think Capua is restricted to "very large", if memory serves. That could also be the reason why it could be impossible.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Have you built a government? Cities can only be upgraded if there's a government type in place (doesn't matter which one. Even Type IV works).

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

If memory serves, the reforms (the reformed phalanx one i pressume) is activated when The ROMANS build a huge city in italy except from the city of Rome. So i don't think it would work to make a huge city and then give it to romans.

I reccomend just adding money and proccess cq more and wait for the results.
    "It is better to die as a roman than to live as a barbarian"
    "He who gives everything for Rome, can still give his life"
    "Through the enslaving, expelling, occupying or bribing of our enemies. We prevail."
    (Stolen blatantly from the "Dawn of war" Games!)

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teoman10 View Post
    If memory serves, the reforms (the reformed phalanx one i pressume) is activated when The ROMANS build a huge city in italy except from the city of Rome. So i don't think it would work to make a huge city and then give it to romans.
    It works, I've done this when playing Makedonia.

The only important thing is to always activate the script and to build governments in order to be able to upgrade cities.
    Last edited by athanaric; 02-19-2013 at 17:16.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    It works, I've done this when playing Makedonia.

The only important thing is to always activate the script and to build governments in order to be able to upgrade cities.
    Great then! emperical evidence! Does that mean that any faction can get it if they build a huge city in italy?, which of course, not every faction can.

What i was writing was a personal experience game, where i gave the romans process cq and money as phalava in order to get the reforms, and it worked great.
    "It is better to die as a roman than to live as a barbarian"
    "He who gives everything for Rome, can still give his life"
    "Through the enslaving, expelling, occupying or bribing of our enemies. We prevail."
    (Stolen blatantly from the "Dawn of war" Games!)

I would presume athanaric's method only works IF the SPQR is still around.

Afaik the condition is that a faction of Roman Culture has at least one huge City Magistrate building in Central italy(-Roma). The faction of the building is irrelevant. But as the Romani are the only Faction of roman culture in EB ...
    Last edited by Ca Putt; 11-28-2013 at 22:12.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

I am playing Makedonia with CITY MOD and i want to get the reforms. i have edited the DESCR_REGIONS for Capua to have a huge city. Seems that this is not working. Is there another method to get the March of Times with City Mod that's is SAVE GAME compatible???

I don't really want to start a new game since im pretty far along in the saved compaign.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

You have added 'huge' to the list of possible city sizes for Capua in that file that defines the regions (filename eludes me atm, is it regions.txt?), right?

Changes made there only take effect in game at all if you delete the map.rwm afterwards before launching the game (it rebuilds itself on the new data base then)

Although I'm not even sure whether those changes to the regions are savegame compatible at all...

Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm View Post
    You have added 'huge' to the list of possible city sizes for Capua in that file that defines the regions (filename eludes me atm, is it regions.txt?), right?

Changes made there only take effect in game at all if you delete the map.rwm afterwards before launching the game (it rebuilds itself on the new data base then)

Although I'm not even sure whether those changes to the regions are savegame compatible at all...
    This gentleman is correct. You must delete the map.rwm file for any change to the descr_regions.text file. It is not save game compatible.

Just give the romans a little more time (and money) and theyll get it built up. I generally gave to take pop AWAY from Roman cities because they build up too fast :p (like 230 bc)

Thanks, i did exactly as you wrote and it worked. Got the reforms already by 240bc.