Thread: AMD Radeon HD 7750 on an HP DC7900 Mini Tower

Default AMD Radeon HD 7750 on an HP DC7900 Mini Tower

Hey all, I am looking at getting a video card for my new computer (finally, a tower) and had some questions about compatibility. I found this spec sheet, but I was not able to find the answers to my questions.
    I have an HP DC7900 Mini Tower CMT with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 processor and a 365 W power supply. I am currently looking at two video cards: this one and this one.
    I know that I would need to upgrade my power supply for the first one, but assuming that I did so, would my computer have any problems accepting either of those video cards?
    If not, which would you reccommend? I know the AMD is faster, but is it fast enough to be worth the extra money and the 50-60 for a power supply? Also, I heard that AMD cards were not compatible with as many games.
    Thank you very much in advance for your help,
    Vuk
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Default Re: AMD Radeon HD 7750 on an HP DC7900 Mini Tower

Does no one know?
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

I don't know for sure but you might have difficulty fitting the graphics card in a mini tower. As your mobo will be mounted vertically then the card will need to go horizontally, I can't find a width but the dimensions I could find are:

Length 5.70 inches
    Height 4.38 inches
    Dual-width

link

Newegg lists them as 6.7" x 4.38"

AMD cards I've had work fine with most games.

One reviewer said
    I could not get it to work properly until I upgraded my good power supply from 350w to a higher output P/S.
    Great product and easy install.
    About the GeForce card.

Thanks. I have been having so many problems with my refurbed mini tower and tech support is being no help, I am just gonna give up on the piece of crap. I am gonna wait till I got the money and built my own rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Thanks. I have been having so many problems with my refurbed mini tower and tech support is being no help, I am just gonna give up on the piece of crap. I am gonna wait till I got the money and built my own rig.
    If you do and you're in the UK I can recommend the Novatech Barebones bundles, good value and very good support.