Thread: Teutoburg Forest Official Trailer

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Teutoburg Forest Official Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    In 9AD, Teutoburg Forest was the scene of a crushing defeat for the Empire. Masterminded by Arminius, the son of a Germanic chieftain taken as a child and raised as a hostage in Rome, the battle saw his betrayal of the Roman general Varus.

Arminius united the tribes, ambushed Varus’ Legion and struck a fatal and shattering blow to the Empire’s expansion.

Teutoburg Forest features as a playable historical battle in Total War: ROME II, and demonstrates some of the game’s thrilling new features, including our true line-of-sight system, deployable battlefield technology, and our tense new style of ambush scenarios.

Visit www.totalwar.com for further details, follow Total War on Twitter @totalwar and like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TotalWar.
    Last edited by Monk; 02-28-2013 at 21:22.

Member thankful for this post:

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Default Re: Teutoburg Forest Official Trailer

I presume that this was in game footage right? oh my it really looks amazing.... We all know that the grafics are not everything but man this looks epic those expressions on the soldiers faces and individual combat scripts looks and feels really really good. I certainly hope that the real thing does not dissapoint us.

Monk 

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidoff View Post
    I presume that this was in game footage right? oh my it really looks amazing.... We all know that the grafics are not everything but man this looks epic those expressions on the soldiers faces and individual combat scripts looks and feels really really good. I certainly hope that the real thing does not dissapoint us.
    Remember that Shogun 2 had some pretty cool mo-cap itself. If you zoomed in at the right time you could watch some really fun duels between characters when everything fell together just right. It's no doubt that CA has pulled some movie magic with this trailer, however, there's some really fancy stuff in there as well that I wouldn't be surprised if it was apart of the game's battle system.

I do shudder at the thought of how powerful a PC would need to be to play it on high, however.

Wish they would show off the campaign map.

Monk 

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

cinematics are boring, rumors of supply lines (!!) are sexy

Members thankful for this post (4):

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    cinematics are boring, rumors of supply lines (!!) are sexy
    Wow, thanks for the link.

Baggage trains!

Creative Assembly were still experimenting with the inclusion of optional objectives for regular battles when I spoke to them, but one example that was mentioned was the presence of an army’s baggage train as a static encampment behind the lines of each engagement. Capturing or destroying supplies would be a way for a clever, maneuverable army to get the better of a larger one. Again – the way this works as a part of a regular campaign is still being worked on. But it’s great that they’re working to provide ways to win besides ‘bringing more dudes.’
    Imagine playing the Turks in the next Medieval with their cavalry armies with this.

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Remember that Shogun 2 had some pretty cool mo-cap itself. If you zoomed in at the right time you could watch some really fun duels between characters when everything fell together just right. It's no doubt that CA has pulled some movie magic with this trailer, however, there's some really fancy stuff in there as well that I wouldn't be surprised if it was apart of the game's battle system.

I do shudder at the thought of how powerful a PC would need to be to play it on high, however.
    Yep. I had a dual core laptop with ati 4000 series graphics, 3 mb ram and i had real troble on running shogun 2 on medium settings. Than i managed to save enough to buy a desktop (amd bulldozer 8 core, 16mb ram, ati 7500 series) and it runs like a charm on the highest settings. It became a real pleaseure to play that game its like a cinematic experience rather than a strategy game. However, this looks much more realistic than anything i have seen in a strategy game. Those facial expressions are amazing. It actually reminds me of LA Noir if you guy know it, they used motin capturing technology for facial animations and it looks amazing, almost real. Rome 2 can be the closest thing to that albeit on a grand setting so it makes me wonder as you said, what kind of system would satisfy the requirements of this baby...

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

i had a thought yesterday that would be epic if they implemented it, a little feature called "Organization". Every army would have a certain level, the maximum and minumum depending on the culture and the general leading the army. The fluctuation between maximum and minimum depending on certain traits, how long the army has been on the march, perhaps even how long the soldiers have been together (so merging two depleted armies would lower organization), if a battle has been fought recently (and if it has been won or lost).

Organization would effect morale mainly but perhaps also what battle deployments would be available :D

We do not sow.

Personally, I am most impressed, the war dogs were seemed to be used in a historycall, non unit, but mix with soldiers way, nice! :D

Here is my officiall comentary on this epic battle: