Thread: CA Released Moding Tools

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default CA Released Moding Tools

Greetings ORGers!

Has been some time I have not visited, my apologies :P But it is always good to be home. Love what you have done with the place.

I have recently installed the TEd and the Assembly Kit from CA through Steam, I was excited at first, but have failed to find any detailed Documentation. While there is a process Documentation which is well explained and I was able to follow the steps.

once the mod.pak was created with BOB, it does not work in game even if it was properly placed in relevant folders and selected from Mod Manager.

I assumed there would be some answer to this since these tools were release a while a go, but going through Steam Community posts it was revealed that others have the same issues.

So came here to seek some answers, would there be any Info on the above issue anywhere around?

Did the Assembly kit actually ever work? Or is there something that I am missing which made it not work?

Thanks much!
    Last edited by Suraknar; 03-10-2013 at 20:15.
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Default Re: CA Released Moding Tools

Not a modder myself, but I believe the subsequent DLC downloads "broke" the toolkit. I think it was DaVinci who abandoned his mod because he could not find a way to fudge the parameters around the changes made by the DLC.

Ooops! Sorry, the DLC apparently did not break the toolkit but did foobar the compatibility of the mod.
    Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 03-10-2013 at 21:53.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Oh Thank you.

So the mod in question was broke.

Still, I am making a new, and very simple one (for learning purposes) and it does not work. Did anyone find any solutions or do we have to still use the Community Made Tools for mods?

I kinda Like TWeak.

Hmm :(
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"

Update,

I have been able to make it work.

The Instructions on steam seem to be ok.

I am doing some tests still and will document some steps.

One thing I have not been able to do is make changes to Start_pos_factions

While the changes are made with TWeak, they do not seems to export to the pack. But an xml file is modified under Raw_data\db with the changes.

It is not clear where the issue is yet, BOB it seems to be looking under Raw_data\EmpireDesignData for the start_pos_factions changes and not under \db.

So I am not sure if BOB is the problem or TWeak not saving the changed .xml under Raw_data\EmpireDesignData.

Wondering also if I should just use PFM Community tool and just drop the whole CA tools thing, but I do find TWeak more streamlined and easier to work with.

More to come soon, if anyone else has played with it, and info/insight is welcome.

On a related note, where are all the Modding Tutorials now? The tools thread points to quite Outaded tool versions...

All I see all over the place is Released Mods upon Released Mods, but what about Modding Tutorials?...all the Fan sites seems to have become So commercialized...TWCenter is not even readable anymore....someone can get lost there with all the Tons and Tons of Links and threads on the same Topic and tool...and then I went to the Wiki..I thought I could find some Modding Info on the CA tools...I searched for hours to find something like Tutorials...

It is a wiki for crying out loud it is supposed to help others with information...not promote Tons of Products like a Market...very saddened to see that...

Oh I really miss the old Modding days...maybe someone should make a new Website with strictly Modding Information and Modding Discussions for Total War Games..no Adds, no Promotions, Screenshots, Logos, Videos, or T-shirts and Blinking TW teddy Bears for the night. :P
    Last edited by Suraknar; 03-17-2013 at 08:43.
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"