Thread: Steam help

Default Steam help

I know you guys have dealt with this issue on other threads, but I havent found the solution. I will skip to the end and believe that for some reason Steam has not updated by SHogun2 game with the patch pack 8 files. My first question is:

1) Is that the reason for ctd in game start.

2) (if yes) Why is Steam not updating my game?

any assistance is appreciated

Default Re: Steam help

Let me out this question another way, I am not a noob at installing mods, just for some reason am getting crash to desktop when starting this one, has anyone else encountered this issue? I have no other mods on this folder installed.

TW Modder Since 2005 Member DaVinci's Avatar

Default Re: Steam help

S2R+ is not anymore compatible with CA's updates since their patches and their parallel release of FotS, in the current mod-status v2.97.5. You can find better information about it on the TWCenter S2R+ mod thread, in short, i'm not anymore into it (my modding capacity on this game is fully used, it was an extreme effort to develop it to v2.97.5, no energy and fun left now ... somebody else can make S2R+ compatible though).

As for Steam updates, that's not a point for the S2R+ mod. Your game will normally independently updated via Steam, there is no relation to the mod file.
    Last edited by DaVinci; 08-03-2013 at 15:52.
    TWC Wiki: List of TW Modding Contributions 2005-2011
    Release 12.2012: Third Age TW Realism+
    Release 04.2013: Rise of the Samurai Realism+

Support: Greenpeace
    LIVING ...WITH... WAR
    What's really more disappointing than dis-information and non-education?
    A certain degree of intentional ignorance paired with obvious stupidy /DV