Thread: Extended Trivial Script Options (ExTSO)

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default Extended Trivial Script Options (ExTSO)

The Extended Trivial Script Options (ExTSO) mod adds many more options for the trivial script, while also adding compatibility for the use of the EB Online multiplayer files, multiple engines as well as being able to run the game with the Steam version of Rome: Total War and its expansions.

Features
    The following features have been added to the EB Configuration and Preferences dialogues:
    - Complete list of command line options selectable in the EB Configuration dialogue.
    - Ability to select the engine to run EB on.
    - Ability to select EB Online-compatible Multiplayer mode (EBO MP EDU 3.4).
    - Ability to disable the Autosave feature to reduce bugs and save corruption.
    - Compatibility with the Steam version of the game.

Screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Links
    Official page and download links.
    Official EB Online page for future updates

Warning: Running EB on BI and Steam
    Since the Steam version of Rome: Total War Gold has the same App ID for both the Rome: Total War and Barbarian Invasion executables, EB runs on the Rome engine automatically.

In order to run EB on the Barbarian Invasion engine, the Trivial Script will rename the file RomeTW-BI.exe (the Barbarian Invasion executable) to RomeTW.exe (the Rome: Total War executable), which is located in Steam’s Rome: Total War Gold folder.
    In order to do this, the Trivial Script will copy and rename the file RomeTW.exe to RomeTW-BI.exe. It will automatically make a backup of the files, but make sure to keep a backup as well, in case there is an unexpected issue.

If you wish to play other mods or the original game, either start the EB Configuration and exit, or rename the executables yourself. When it starts, the EB Configuration will look for the RomeTWbak.exe and RomeTW-BIbak.exe files and restore the original executables through them, following the same process it does when running a Steam version of BI.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 08-27-2020 at 11:13.
    Because we all need to compensate...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Extended Trivial Script Options (ExTSO)

First! :)
    On a more serious note now. Thank you for the work!
    A couple of questions:
    1. What do you mean by "Complete list of command line options selectable in the EB Configuration dialogue" which list?
    2. The sp and mp game edu backup. I have them changed in order to see the details of the units (don't remember exactly the mod, something like extended unit information mod) and besides those two it has a text file modified. I guess that mod won't work only with the text file anymore.

http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...ne/index.shtml

In the original version of the EB Configuration, only a few of these were available for selection, now all (except for the -mod, -strat and -sprite_script, for obvious reasons) are available.

You can simply replace the EDU and text files installed by the mod with yours, if you want to use a modded sp edu, just replace the one in sp game edu backup\common, same goes for the text files (except you put them in the common\text folder).

MP is basically just for vanilla EB custom battles and multiplayer, and EBO Multiplayer is for the EB Online multiplayer games.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 04-15-2013 at 19:51.

Member thankful for this post:

ExTSO was recently updated, so be sure to download the newest build (1.0 Build 2 at the time of this writing). It fixes an incompatibility issue when trying to play with EBO users.

~Jirisys ()

ExTSO was recently updated, so be sure to download the newest build (1.0 Build 3 at the time of this writing). It fixes an error when trying to copy a file.

Alternatively, you can just go to the file's properties (the file being EB\ebo game edu backup\descr_mount.txt) and uncheck the read-only flag on it. That way the program can do its job correctly.

Cheers.

~Jirisys ()

While I do not enjoy making double posts so often, ExTSO had to be updated recently to be compatible with the Steamworks updates for RTW: Gold. With the previous version, you would not be able to start EB with BI, even for SP only. It's a minor fix, but a important one nonetheless, since I assume most people who have the disks would want to activate it on Steam as well.

Because Alexander (apparently) did not get a Steamworks update, you won't be able to play Multiplayer with Steam, only on other platforms such as EB Online's Hamachi network or EB Online's Evolve group.

Current version is 1.1 Build 1. You can download it here!

Cheers.

~Jirisys ()

ExTSO 1.1 Build 3 now available.

Enjoy.

~Jirisys ()