Thread: Anyone able to use the S-fix with Redux? [resolved]

Default Anyone able to use the S-fix with Redux? [resolved]

I do have one issue. I have installed the RXB1003_Hotfix (the specific one made for compatibility) and all other functions work great. My only problem is the sea regions are now error. The problem goes away as soon as the ddraw.dll is removed. It is such a pain to have to restart the PC every time, just to play at a higher resolution.

Anyone experience similar issues or possible know a resolution?

Here is a quick screen of the problem. I think the regions are set to default Vanilla, after adding the file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redux.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	9027

It would be fantastic if the 2 worked 100% together. Seems a lot of previous work went into getting them compatible..so just maybe a little more tweaking is needed?
    Last edited by Axalon; 09-12-2016 at 21:08.

Default Re: Anyone able to use the S-fix with Redux?

Hi Mecoatl, as I was saying over at the TWC-thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon
    Screens are good, always use screens, it makes everything easier, so that’s good. Anyway, that’s just a manual install error, you need to apply the included “lbm”-file in my hotfix, and once that is done successfully, all your problems on this will disappear.
    - A

I'm not sure what the problem is then. I have copied over both of the files manually to the Textures/Campmap folder. Tried it a few times now.

Each time I add the ddraw file to the main directory the sea regions reset to vanilla. If taken out, everything reverts to Beta1003 just fine.

Quick note. I am using the VI upgrade version of Redux, would that cause any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Mecoatl View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is then. I have copied over both of the files manually to the Textures/Campmap folder. Tried it a few times now.

Each time I add the ddraw file to the main directory the sea regions reset to vanilla. If taken out, everything reverts to Beta1003 just fine.
    See post:6 for more details... Also, you must restart/shut down the game/engine for anything to have full effect...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 06-04-2013 at 17:16. Reason: update

Just my 2 cents, I believe the game can also take vanilla files from the disc if necessary, That happened to me one time way back when there were all Redux map files and no vanilla and i was trying to get Sepheus ddraw to work before there was the Redux hotfix.
    I will also reinstall Redux to see if I can reproduce the problem/help out or whatever.

Edit: I get the same problem as in Mecoatl's screenshot, vanilla sea and land highlighted boundaries (also means you can't move things around) I did add the hotfix files correctly.
    Last edited by Nagnar; 06-03-2013 at 05:07.

Member thankful for this post:

Axalon 

This is what I get for working on two different engines at the same time – Trouble. In short, while there certainly are plenty of mitigating circumstances for me on this mess, it still does not undo that I carelessly provided faulty information because I assumed too much, thinking that both engines would be the same on this. After closer investigation - triggered by Nagnars post - it is now very clear to me that this is not the case. Evidently the V.1.1 and V.2.01-engines does function differently and it does make a difference on all this, in contrast to my previous claims…. Thus I have too take back my previous remarks on that note, as the facts have proved them wrong. In addition, I apologise for whatever inconvenience and problems this may have caused people here….

My findings - after having now investigated both engines - are as follows:

• V.1.1-engine + Regular EXE + RXB1003 hotfix = works (as advertised).
    • V.1.1-engine + No-CD patched EXE + RXB1003 hotfix = works (as advertised).
    • VI/V.2.01-engine + Regular EXE + RXB1003 hotfix = Don’t work
    • VI/V.2.01-engine + No-CD patched EXE + RXB1003 hotfix = Don’t work

Reason: The relevant files are named differently in the VI/V.2.01- engine then the V.1.1-engine.
    Solution: Change filename in RXB1003-hotfix to match VI/V2.01-engine file-specifications – from LukMap.Lbm to LukUpMap.Lbm.

Result:

• VI/V.2.01-engine + Regular EXE + changed RXB1003 hotfix = work (as advertised)
    • VI/V.2.01-engine + No-CD patched EXE + changed RXB1003 hotfix = work (as advertised)

That said, I will also remove the defect hotfix and replace it with a new one that works on ALL engines, straight out of the box - without any manual changes and corrections necessary. The withdraw and release of the replacement hotfix will be made shortly...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 06-04-2013 at 17:12. Reason: update

Alright, I have uploaded the replacement hotfix, it should work on all engines (finally). It would be good if somebody who actually uses this stuff could report in and externally verify that there is no problems with the VI/V.2.01-engines this time. The link....

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/104...03_hotfix2-zip

- A

Yep, the replacement hotfix does work (Gold 2.01 with VI upgrade btw)

Member thankful for this post:

Axalon 

Ah, wonderful.

Thanks for taking another look at this. Works great now (non-Gold user 2.01)

Brilliant!